Forum › Posts by Aoi-chan

Aoi-chan
joined Nov 18, 2016

I wonder if this is the first time I've seen Kyouko as the top

I'm the opposite; I've seen Kyoko mostly on top with rare exceptions.

joined Nov 18, 2016

that ending was completely underwhelming. At first I didn't believe it was the actual end. It just came to such an abrupt end.

last edited at May 11, 2017 4:09PM

joined Nov 18, 2016

Bull. Crap. Slap patchy upside the head and tell her to help you make science babies. Bad end, 0/10

No reason Eiren can't do it.

knowing her, she probably already have the method mastered.

Aoi-chan
joined Nov 18, 2016

Aoi-chan posted:
She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.

I never said it was a yuri soccer manga. It's just that there's A LOT of girls, that their relationships are cute and while the male character has an impact, he's NOT the MC.

I like it not because of non-existent yuri (except some light teasing), but because the girls are cute and the soccer matches are interesting.

Really, it's a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" manga, ala K-on, but centered on soccer. Literally every character beside the coach is female. And you can guess from the beginning that if he ever gets with someone (he's not acting like a harem king character at all. He's not a blushing goody two-shoes) it will be with the MC. So the "romance" is not relevant at all in "Mai ball".

Never said you said it was a yuri soccer manga, I wanted to clarify so Kal3d wouldn't get the wrong idea since you said they were pretty gay for each other. I do agree that the matches are interesting. Still, the girls liking the male does get enough attention from time to time, like in ch 33. It get so bad that that he has to do what he did in ch 30. shrug

I'm liking this manga, and it is turning into quite the love decahedron.

Aoi-chan
joined Nov 18, 2016

Kal3d posted:

4noki posted:

I would read a soccer manga starring Tsukasa.
Argh, bishie glasses, please give up though.

I read "Mai ball" about soccer and the girls are pretty gay with each other.

I just google it and the art style looks fine, but it also looks like theres a male love interest right? Please tell me the girls don't fawn all over him like in your typical harem manga. Might give it a shot if thats not the case though.

Well, it's somehow a harem manga, and yeah, he's the "love interest". But strangely, the story is more about the relationships between the members of the harem than about the harem king, who's actually a minor character. And it's mainly about soccer too, not really focused on romance.

If you can't stand the presence of a male love interest, then I guess you can forget Mai Ball.

But the MC (Mai) has serious lesbian delusions. And the girls are drawn with hips and thighs fit for soccer players.

The presence of the male character is so light, it doesn't bother me. It's almost never about him at all.

Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all. I read Asterism and my favorite character is the siscon brother, so yeah, i can stand male characters quite well. What i can't stand is harem mangas that revolve around the guy and all the little "yuri" stuff that happens is to get the attention from said guy and has no actual value at all. Since you say thats not the case, i'll give it a shot.

I read the first 12 chapters, and so far, his presence is far from light. He becomes a coach of the team. And every girl on the team has a thing for him. the male is the reason that the female MC is even playing soccer. I'd say he has a large impact, and continues to have an impact (even when he's not in the chapter, like ch 33, I skipped ahead). She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.