Forum › Posts by Zeria

Zeria
Tremolo discussion 19 Feb 13:36
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

The "I'll play around for a bit, but I like guys" thing is suck a cockblock... How is that in any way necessary... It's not yuri then... just some tease

I think the final lines made it pretty clear that they're going to end up together.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Haven't seen much about this series (technically, I haven't seen more than 5 Pretty Cure episodes total), which is kind of surprising since I had seen the character preview before and thought Akira was the most blatant nod to yuri fandom I had ever seen it display. I guess it just didn't work well.

No, it's definitely gay as shit, you probably just haven't been looking in the right places. Akira and Yukari are consistently shown and said to be a couple.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

This the manga version of the current Precure series.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

I was a little hesitant to start reading this but man am I glad I did! I think this is the first time I've read a manga about LGBT characters who all feel so realistic.You can really tell that the author is either LGBT themself or has at least done their research, which is pretty damn rare in manga that deal with these kinds of themes.

Yeah, the mangaka is x-gender and asexual.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Can you people who dislike ChikaRiko just stay silent instead of saying it in the discussion for literally every one of their doujins?

Thank you. It just feels like such a petty thing to do. Like they feel the need to do it because they feel their ship is threatened by it. They can take their negativity somewhere else where people actually care about their negative opinion on the ship.

It's even funnier to watch people get butthurt when some offends their terrible pairing. I don't care about shipping or the pairing itself, just what it signifies. Chika is a terrible person.

You're just being petty right now, just leave and don't come into threads for doujins you know you'll hate.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Can you people who dislike ChikaRiko just stay silent instead of saying it in the discussion for literally every one of their doujins?

Zeria
Image Comments 22 Oct 00:06
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016
[sasairebun]%20831276155365842945

Mizuki/Moon is from Kanto which is, of course, based on Japan's Kanto region. The others are from Alola which is based on Hawaii so it makes sense that she's the only one who knows Japanese.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Why don't you use your own survey to answer that? According to "what you enjoy about yuri" graphic, most men enjoy the characters. So men must find Akko and Mari interesting characters or something.

That's just as much a guess as what I said. The survey didn't ask why people were interested in specific works so assuming that it's characters(which is a popular reason for every other group as well) is a massive assumption. Not that it can't be correct, but I wouldn't take that as a given.

Zeria
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

When I eventually figure out how to scan things effectively my Nanoha content will be first.

Zeria
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

You're actually forgetting a few, the futanari Fate one, then the Transient Mermaid and for or five others that haven't even been scanned or translated yet for some reason. Not to forget that Kohagura still does NanoFate related works, there are still a whole lot.

I included Transient Mermaid, it's one of the ones I own without scans. I only started buying doujins last year though so anything that was sold out by then I wouldn't be aware of.

Zeria
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Pretty sure this marks all of the public Koguro works as translated. They have a couple other doujins that I haven't seen scans of though(3 Nanofate and 2 FuuRin are the ones I own, there may be more that aren't for sale anymore).

last edited at Oct 16, 2017 1:25AM

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

I don't know why Girl Friends is so popular among men; if I had to guess it would be that men tend to be a little less deep into the genre and it's a popular starter work, but that's pure speculation so don't take it as fact.

Non-het men are decently interested in BL(you can check this in the raw data) though not overwhelmingly so.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Most of the non-het men were bi, then? A substantial percentage chose that option.

There were more bi or pan men than gay men, yes.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

I've updated the initial post with results.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Yes, it did ask country of origin. Also quick update: I got sick right after I last said I'd have it done soon, so sorry about that. Once this weekend's over and I've gotten through this season's premiere I should be able to actually finish it up.

Zeria
Image Comments 02 Oct 16:19
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016
Djbqaqpumaiv8wq-orig

I don't think it's subtext, it just goes unstated for most the show. The way they behave around one another is clearly romantic from the start and the end confirms it pretty explicitly.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

I've been a bit busy, I should release my summary within the next week or so. What I'll say for now is that women made up a plurality and that the majority of people weren't straight.

Zeria
Anime season 24 Sep 12:42
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

The ending of PriPri was pretty good, and it'll be fantastic if we end up getting a S2.

Also it was really gay, Princess called Ange her 'turtledove', and Ange almost admitted her love for Princess to the others at the end of the episode.

last edited at Sep 24, 2017 12:42PM

Zeria
Image Comments 20 Sep 11:54
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016
Dkcxqwev4aenl9c-orig

I think it's Yoshiko, not Mari. That would make the most sense, since Chika, You, Yoshiko, and Kanan are the 4 who are most often paired with Riko.

Zeria
New Game discussion 19 Sep 18:03
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Anybody reading the raws and can tell me if Kou is every going to come back? If she is gone I will say good bye to the manga.

The manga is only a few chapters ahead of the published volumes, you're going to need to be patient to see what comes of this story arc.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Einhart had more development than the main character.

Is that truly surprising, though? It's pretty much a series tradition that the current season's rival-type character gets more development than the protagonist, they've just replaced Nanoha with Vivio for this one.

Yeah I mean, that's kinda the way Nanoha is built to work. The protagonist(Nanoha, Vivio, Fuuka) isn't the one who really needs the development. It's a series about saving people you care about, so it's obvious that the ones who need saving are the ones who get the development. Besides, Vivio's development and stuff already happened in StrikerS where she was the one that needed saving.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 1:18PM

Zeria
Anime season 09 Sep 01:26
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Y'all gotta watch HinaLogi, this show isn't subtext anymore.

Zeria
xxx discussion 03 Sep 12:26
Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

I think Akko is less straight and more that she just hasn't thought about her sexuality and just assumed herself to be straight since that's the norm. She's way too receptive here to be straight.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Because it's taboo

How can i see something as taboo when it feels utterly normal to me? What feels strange to me is a girl liking a guy! (Though I'll still support her if that's what she wants.)

I don't think it's taboo either. I put that there to see if men and women responded differently to it.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Your age brackets overlap. For example, if someone is 25, they could rightfully select either 20-25 or 25-30. This seems like a pretty elementary error in survey design.

Wow, can't believe I missed that. Fortunately age was mostly a formality and isn't too important to my analysis.

Also the cute idea is generally what I would consider the setting, art, or story, but I'll keep it in mind in case I do this again.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 6:29PM