Forum › Posts by SoftLikeSteel

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 10:41
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

gonna admit that after reading the posts she made i may or may not have just a lil bit of a crush on her.

but i ain't no housewrecker so no worries xD

Ah. I will let you off the hook then. ... For now.

she just seems so badass it's like she's all i'm looking for in a woman. xD

Her father is in the airforce and her mother is a biker, so I'm not the least bit surprised she turned out the way she did. xD She can be a bit hard to tame sometimes, however.

oh yeah, i'm john btw and i'm from berlin as well. nice to meet ya!

Nice to meet you, too, John. :-) Call me Lin, if you'd like. I'm looking forward to talking with you more someday, but for now I need to leave. I hope you stick around here. This forum has a lot more fun people than Su, who are worth getting to know. And remember: marked territory, friend. ;-)

Bye!

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 10:23
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

(https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/68840055.jpg)

Oh my lord, I can't. Laughing tears right now. xD

@Alpha
You should probably leave it at that. Su has a strong ego and a tendency of flying really high really fast if you boost it too much. ;-)

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 09:18
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I personally think it'd be a good idea if we took Jen and Leo along as well. I mean Leo hasn't been there for years as well and Jen has been there with you both when it happened, so I kinda think it'd just be fair. And it'd probly be better for you as well. The more hands to hold you up, the better.

Sounds like a plan. I'll ask the both of them sometime during the week. Oh by the way, this is off topic, but don't forget to ask your doctor this week when I can come pick you up this weekend. I'll need to do a bit of planning ahead for this, cause I have a busy week ahead of me.

Stupid, don't apologize for that. I said call me whenever and I meant whenever. Rely on me, that's what I'm here for after all.

I love you. I don't think I'm saying it even nearly enough.

Also, the doctors didn't even notice anything. XD And Kat sleeps like a rock, so it's all cool.

Ha, that's a relief then. xD

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 08:59
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Btw Lin, I just realized this: are you okay with talking about this on here? If we do that, people might ask questions.

We didn't think that one through again huh? xD Nevermind. People on here already know a lot more about me than most others I've gotten to know on the net, so it'll be fine. If someone asks, I probably won't tell them myself. But should anyone get curious, you have my permission to tell them.

Once I'm back home, I'll be with you every step of the way. I promise.

That is one of the things I'm waiting for, actually. ^_^; There's no way I'm going on my own. Also, I'm sorry for those midnight phone calls I've been giving you. I hope you didn't get in trouble with the doctors because of me. >_<

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 08:49
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Been there already?

Not yet. Jenny is on your side with this, by the way. She said I need to visit her and just tell her everything I never could to get it out of my system. I know you both are right, but I just feel like I'm not ready.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 08:35
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

This is one of my brilliant language fails.

I love these more than your occasional, unintended plagiarism. xD Especially when you don't notice you messed up, sometimes you just confuse the fudge out of people.
That aside, shall I come to your rescue in the official discussion thread or will you be fine on your own?

Hello everyone else. Don't get too used to me, I'll vanish again after a little bit. Just need to relax my mind for some minutes.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 02 Jun 11:41
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Any good news?

Not really. Which is the reason why I'm here. I just wanna tell you guys that I really will leave for a while now. I don't know for how long I'll be gone, but it'll be a while. So see you. And take care.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 02 Jun 11:15
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Hey guys. How are you doing?

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

People get ugly when they fight for something they want and sense they're losing. The display of Seju's character in chapter 55 has been nothing but realistic.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 01 Jun 13:04
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Goodness, the official thread is on fire...

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Why is everyone so mad at Seju? She is just being displayed doing what she has done before: manipulating Sumin's relationships to try and get her to come back to her. Seju is desperate and ready to do pretty much anything if it'll bring Sumin back into her life step by step. This is not news. This chapter didn't ruin her character. It simply displayed a part of her most readers seem to have forgotten she had. Seju is cunning and manipulative. This doesn't invalidate the suffering she is going through. Layers, people. Everyone has them. And some just aren't nice.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 1:01PM

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 31 May 15:57
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

(Not that most anime/manga characters do, really)

That is true. The only anime I have ever watched, in which the characters seemed very realistic was NaNa. Then again, realism isn't what I'm looking for in any work of fiction. That's why they are called works of fiction, after all. xD

Oh, how so?

You see, I work as a youth counselor. My job is basically to help adolescents with whatever problems they want my help with. The range usually covers pretty much anything between "I think I'm gay and have no idea how, when or even if I should come out" and "my parents abuse me, my lover left me, I have no friends, I do drugs and am close to killing myself." In a nutshell, my task is to become the strong constant in the life of these kids. The one who is there for help and advice, the person who remains in the background, keeps an eye on the situation and nudges them on the right path step by step whenever it's necessary. Ring a bell? ;D

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I'm not the one you should apologize to. That aside, "it just runs through my veins" and "it just happens" is neither a valid excuse nor a justification. In a forum like this, it's everyone's responsibility to remain civil and avoid creating conflicts as best as they can. My girlfriend, for instance, since she was raised by a biker, who took "freedom of speech" very literally, is an absolutely hopeless case when it comes to swearing. But she doesn't swear at people directly, cause she knows how that could be interpreted. Sarcasm is quite the same. It's not an instinct and not a reflex and can very well be controlled. ;-)

last edited at May 31, 2016 3:44PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Btw, Random_Retard, I suggest the same thing to you. If you're not certain of a person's intentions, either read how others reacted to their statement and use that as orientation or simply ask the person themselves. In a place where you can neither see a person's facial expressions nor hear their voice when they say something, misunderstandings are bound to happen. So don't just retaliate with such scathing, condescending words on first instinct.

It’s nice to be nice, you know? (♥ε♥)

Precisely. Maybe you should follow your own advice. ;-)

last edited at May 31, 2016 3:23PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

And it's my choice to be nice or not and write whatever i want

And this is where you are wrong. There are rules in this place, one of them being, and I quote:

First, and above all, remember that everyone is here to have fun and enjoy yuri together. Being overly aggressive, insulting, and generally a jerk to other commenters is against the rules. So don’t do it. (http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5886-forum-rules)

If you're here to prove how strong your own opinion is, let me tell you that you're using the wrong technique. You deciding to be blunt and offensive does not validate your point. So you'd be better off behaving yourself and remaining civil in a conversation instead of provoking Nezchan or one of the other mods enough to intervene, which is when things will get seriously ugly. I say that in your own interest.

last edited at May 31, 2016 3:10PM

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 31 May 14:43
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

She is definitely one of my favorite characters. I loved the anime but wasn't a fan of the central Canaan x Maria ship.

I also didn't like the Canaan x Maria pairing. For subtext, it was just too obvious and in your face. Also, Maria, as kind and cute as she is, was just too much of a typical boke character for me. >_<

I love your avatar as well! It's a good angle of Yoruichi~

Heh. ^_^ My girlfriend once said that my job reminds her of the role Yoruichi mainly plays in Bleach. I figured she was pretty on point, so seeing how this is a manga forum, I changed my avatar to her. xD

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 31 May 13:08
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Btw Alvis, I love your avatr. CANAAN is such an underrated anime. And Alphard is a total badass.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 31 May 12:11
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

/walks in with tea and flops down on couch/ Evening, people.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 16:52
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Well then, bed time for me now. Like I said, I don't know when I'll be back. So for now it's see you when I see you, I guess. Take care, people. ^_^

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 16:23
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Lol. The US and Germany really are like black and white when it comes to education, it seems. Uni contacts here are mostly just as useless (careerwise) as highschool contacts. And professors only write recommendations for students, who apply for a scholarship. Otherwise, over here uni's just a way to continue your education. Barely a bigger deal than a vocational school. xD

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 15:34
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

My psychology minor keeps me sane.

Do you specialize in a branch? Or did you take general lessons?

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 15:12
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

The burden of proof generally lies on every woman striving for a future excluding kids and time spend in the kitchen to serve a husband/family. It should by now be a concept of the past, and at least politically it is, but society moves a lot slower, unfortunately.

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 13:41
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Hope things go smoothly <3 did you get to see Su yet?

Mhm. We spent the entire Sunday afternoon and early evening together in the clinic. ^_^ The place is absolutely beautiful. Seriously, the picture I posted of it doesn't even do it justice. And our welcome there was so genuinely kind, that it stunned me for a second. Su's definitely in good hands there. And when her doctor told her about her rehab schedule and she was told there were 2 hours of sports for her every day, she flashed the happiest smile I had seen on her face for a long time now. I just know she'll put her entire spirit into this. :D

SoftLikeSteel
WDTFS fans - off topic 30 May 12:04
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

/sighs/ Looking directly into the face of one week of Hell. I don't know when or even if I'll have the time to be here, so don't worry if I just disappear for a bit. >_< That aside, hey people.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

So there is a meaning behind her behavior...

As far as my understanding of Sumin goes, I would say one shouldn't read too much into this. For a long time, Sumin used to only date and have a sex as a way to distract herself from her own dark feelings and to hurt Seju. From what we have learned about these relationships until now, Sumin's feelings for these women didn't seem to go too far beyond physical attraction, so maybe that is the reason, why she preferred not getting too touchy with them. For a top to be displayed as the one, who gives pleasure instead of receiving it is also not untypical. She was seen allowing Nami to touch and top her in the past as well and this fling had even less meaning than any of her other affairs. Sumin topping and being the initiator and aggressor really doesn't seem like a meaningful detail to me.

last edited at May 29, 2016 7:34AM