Forum › Posts by Queenky

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

It doesn't help that Fukami has essentially been strung along by someone who she thought was single.

Wrong, Fukami knew since the beginning that Kase was dating someone.

Does Fukami even know who Yamada is?

Probably not lol.

She does, they've interacted a few times (when Kase had a cold, then in multiple chapters during the summer trip arc).

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

the Volume 8 extras are also out on Mangadex and i'm trying to remember who that other person in the second Omake with Miki is. Totally forgot about that character, who's that again?

Her senpai from swimming club, we've seen her just once in chapter 38, she doesn't even have a name yet.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that, so that definitely makes more sense. since Nagisa is anemone, I’ll have to find out what everyone else is as represented as. Thanks!

Here you go: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24_5#11

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

So I almost got it right What she actually does is use the perfectly ordinary but a bit teacher-y "no desu" all the time.

Sumi uses "no ja"

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I'm willing to accept the author might've known what they wanted from this arc at one point, but everything seems to be a stupid jumbled mess right now. Having to wait two months for a release also is just dragging this out to a dumb degree.

I agree with you that this arc is a mess, but it's been exactly 21 days since the last chapter, not two months.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I’ve had the raws of this chapter for weeks, and it took me so long to typeset it because, other than being quite busy in real life, I couldn’t stand to work on more than a page at a time I was so enraged with the plot. Kase is a spineless wimp and I wanted to slap HARD everyone but poor Yamada.

Anyway, I want to contribute to the discussion with two facts:
- Inoue senpai definitely knows about Kase and Yamada being gfs, she says so in the original series (chapter 17, crepes and Kase-san) so her not supporting Kase here is a shitty move.
- Fukami doesn’t know Yamada is Kase’s gf, but she knows that Kase is dating someone: we’ve seen her overhear bits of phone conversations between the lovebirds, and what’s more she’s subconsciously putting 2+2 together and having an inkling about Yamada being more than just Kase’s friend. She sucks, anyway.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 6:53PM

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011
Fxag7hiucaaa9k0-orig

To be fair, in the italian Commedia dell'Arte, Arlecchino is indeed in love with Colombina, so...

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

So, who wants to bet that phonecall went through and somebody in the dorms heard them flirting?

Naah, there's a distinctive "beep" of Kase refusing the call. But I'm sure this fact will have consequences, too.

I think this is the very first time I have seen someone asking to live together.

Kase-san ch15: Tulips and Kase-san AND this very same manga, Yamada to Kase-san ch14: Moonlit Night and Kase-san.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Chads, I love the detail that the message with Mask's photo in the credits was from MIO. Eliminate the competition, best course of action.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

So... did anyone else get the distinct impression that the reason the Flower Prince just couldn't get rid of the HUGE amount of plants that Sensei gives him has to do with something similar to why Kase was so jealous? As in... maybe they are dating and that's why he rushed the two girls off the street so quickly when he realized what exactly was going on? (He understands what it is like to be an adult gay person in Japan and wanted to get them in private to talk?)

I’ll leave this here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch06#

Did anyone noticed the author self-interest in the cloud at page 17? The one with curly hair?

Well spotted! I thought to make a note about it but it’s funnier if people realize it by themselves and if they don’t, they’re not missing out on vital information anyway, just a cute nod.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 2:51AM

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I have a question. What happened to volume 3?

I have a question too, but then I'd sound extremely rude.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakura_trick_ch05_6#11

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Not to mention that a few chapters ago, Kase was ready to go on a week-long training camp and she couldn't bring her phone with her, and she didn't even think about warning Yamada about it, both about the camp and that she would be out of reach for a week. Imagine that. And it only came up because Yamada overheard Fukami talking about packing, and all Kase said was "Sorry, I forgot to tell you, I'll buy you a souvenir".

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

A friend of mine is asking where she can find chapters 12-25, but since I only knew to search here, does anyone else know where to find them?

Two posts above yours. I'm trying not to swear.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Could be wrong, but this prince is a princess don't know much about boys, but not all of them wear flower clips like that, and those quasi-boobs down that side panel are not fooling me at all, also, Tomoharu might be a male name, but Seki, as far as I know, it's female too, we'll see.

The Prince also has a very visible adam apple in every panel he's in, so I'm not so sure about him being a girl.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Personally i thought he might be gay with Densuke but that's maybe just me.

Definitely just you.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch06#5

Queenky
Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I can't remember if Yamada's friends know about her and Kase or not

Mikawacchi knows, Hana doesn’t.

So because the series is licensed, did they have to cut out the pages, or do physical volumes usually have more than online scans?

Often mangaka expand some things in the physical volume, another expanded scene that comes to mind is the rooftop scene from “crepes and Kase-san”, which is longer and elaborates more on some things. It’s not a matter of licensing, usually the magazine scans come first and get scanlated, and when the volume is released months later it doesn’t always get scanned. This is particularly true for Kase-san, it’s a series that doesn’t have a dedicated scanlation group who might buy and scan volumes, but it’s a collective effort of anons from /u/ thanks to someone who provides the raws from the online version of the magazine. (If you’re wondering how do I know all this, I’m the one who cleans and typesets Kase).

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Heh, now I'm imagining that guys in the Kase-san universe canonically have henohenomoheji faces and everyone but Kase just sees them as perfectly normal.

I just want to point you to chapter 7, page 24: take a look at the name of the bar where the "city party" (aka mixer) is held...

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure Kase herself told Yamada that she was her first girlfriend in the original serie.
Can't remember the exact page but I'm pretty sure that betwee Volume 3 and 5.

You're correct, but it's only in the extra pages that were added in volume 4 to flesh out the "Crêpe and Kase-san" chapter. Here on dynasty we have the magazine version, the tank version is slightly longer. Here's what you need to see:

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Given the context, it's heavily implied they had sex and it's Haruka's birthday so I think the events of Mint Flavored happen at the same time as Happy Days's event.

It’s more than heavily implied, it says so right in the afterword: the events of this doujin fall in the middle of Happy Days. It’s also tied to the fact that Mitsuki and Rina’s “anniversary” happens to fall on the exact date of Haruka’s birthday, and we knew what was going on on that particular birthday night...

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Which pairings are people most excited for, by the way?

I enjoy pretty much everyone, but I'm champing at the bit for Yumimi x Nononon to happen.

Seconding Yumimi x Nononon, followed by Haruka x Kanae and most of all, Ayano and Miyoshi (but here we’re in for the long ride, I’m afraid).

Oh and PLEASE someone buy Michiru a clue, or Airi is going to explode one of these days.

Queenky
Anime season 04 Jan 08:42
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Sakura Trick isn't yuri anime though. It’s bait.

We can agree to disagree about Haruka and Yuu, but Kotone and Shizuku do exist, you know.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

This page was not fair for Mari to have Yuu this sexy and cute at the same time. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch183#3

These are Ayano and Miyoshi, though.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

There is no rest, at least yet. The short manga mentioned in the afterword is behind a paywall.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Isn't the chapter was out 28th last month tho ?

As previously mentioned, we go off the Kindle RAWs of Wings, which come out a good few weeks after the physical version. Once that's dumped in whatever /u/ thread, I translate and then typesettery person typesets once they noticed it.

Typesettery person here, I'm keeping an eye on the TL thread, so hopefully this time I won't miss it!