Forum › Posts by Cleowill

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I like manipulative characters. So I thoroughly like Hotaru. She's the MVP of this manga.

And by cheating on Takeda, Yuma gains some depth.

Fujiwara at least shows some personality.

Takeda is an endive.

I'm not too fond of the stereotypically nice character, but it's a bit of a stretch to say they deserve the crap happening to them.

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

As for the threesome thing, I'm not sure what he expects to happen. Everyone is being pretty terrible in this manga, besides Yuma's poor bf whose name I cannot recall at the moment.
Edit: Whoops, it's Takeda. Sorry, poor bf.

I feel the same way, Takeda seems to be the only decent character so far.

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

To Nezraddin:

Ooh, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "distraction".
It's a bit unclear as to when Hotaru began having feelings for Yuma. If she had feelings for her before dating [insert dude's name] then it would make sense, but it's also a possibility that her feelings developped after she committed to a relationship. I mean, I think, I may have missed some important detail.

And the part of my message about Hotaru was both directed at you and yuzichan, sorry. :P
As I said, I agree that Hotaru has it tough... But I still get the feeling that too many people excuse her behavior out of pity/sympathy/empathy.
I don't think she just wants to mess around for the hell of it. But even if she has her reasons, the things she does are... so, so wrong.

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I support Yuma cheating on Takeda.

He's such a boring character, it's all he deserves.

I'll have to disagree. Being a boring person does not mean you deserve to be cheated on. It would make the cheater's reason understandable, but not excusable.
(In my personal view, the only excusable reason for cheating is if you were in an abusive relationship you couldn't get away from. It is clearly not the case here, as Yuma could very easily break up with Takeda instead of doing things behind his back.)

To Nezraddin : So, basically, Hotaru started dating [insert insult here] just for fun, but it became more serious mid-way, which resulted in her being unable to leave him? That would make a lot of sense.
I don't know if he blackmailed her into sex but there seems to be blackmailing involved, no matter what for.

I understand that Hotaru's situation is difficult , but just as Yuma being unfaithful, it explains her behavior but does not excuse it in my opinion. She may have the best of intentions and be trying to protect Yuma, she was still way too forceful. She kept pushing herself on Yuma no matter how many times Yuma interjected, which I think is inexcusable.
She definitely has some issues that she needs to work on, but I think it would be too unreasonable to dismiss what she did. Just because somebody has a tough past and difficulties doesn't mean they can do whatever they please.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 2:52PM

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I believe this blackmailing could be the reason why Hotaru is going out with this dick in the first place. Like maybe he's already blackmailing her with something? I wouldn't be surprised if she was a victim. :/

That's what I was thinking too.
Fujiwara really is a [insert insult of your choosing], so I really don't understand why Hotaru sticks with him?
People usually stay in abusive relationships because they care about their partner, but Hotaru doesn't seem to give a damn about him, so... either he has some dirt on her and is blackmailing her, or she's afraid he'd get violent if she breaks up.

But it's really about damn time Yuma finally realizes that what she's been doing with Hotaru was cheating. I don't mind infidelity in stories, but I really hate the "it's not cheating if it's with another girl" trope.
Though I like Takeda's attitude. He seems to be handling their relationship with a lot of maturity.

most than cheat Takeda with Hotaru is cheat Hotaru with takeda, and it's not cheat because she don't like the poor Takeda(she think but actualy she not). to Hotaru, Fujiwara is a "stress releasing/make Yuma
jealous/hurt herself" toy. have something at 3? Hotaru+Fujiwara+other= yes Hotaru+Fujiwara+Yuma=impossible(Hotaru will kill, literally, Fujuwara even if he look at her).

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying.
Yuma is cheating on Takeda with Hotaru. The fact she doesn't have romantic feelings for Takeda doesn't change that it is infidelity.
And if Hotaru just wanted to make Yuma jealous, she could date any other boy. She doesn't have to be with someone who is violent towards her and is a complete jerk.

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I love yuri but I can't ship Hotaru and Yuma together. The things Hotaru did were very wrong, so unless she changes her behavior, I think their relationship would be very unhealthy.
She seems to be getting somewhat better though? I just wish they'd sit and have a serious, honest talk, so they could sort things out. But conversations are underrated in stories.

Cleowill
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I believe this blackmailing could be the reason why Hotaru is going out with this dick in the first place. Like maybe he's already blackmailing her with something? I wouldn't be surprised if she was a victim. :/

That's what I was thinking too.
Fujiwara really is a [insert insult of your choosing], so I really don't understand why Hotaru sticks with him?
People usually stay in abusive relationships because they care about their partner, but Hotaru doesn't seem to give a damn about him, so... either he has some dirt on her and is blackmailing her, or she's afraid he'd get violent if she breaks up.

But it's really about damn time Yuma finally realizes that what she's been doing with Hotaru was cheating. I don't mind infidelity in stories, but I really hate the "it's not cheating if it's with another girl" trope.
Though I like Takeda's attitude. He seems to be handling their relationship with a lot of maturity.

Cleowill
Their Story discussion 16 Jan 09:37
Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

The new chapter really broke the flow of the story, though it was funny.