Forum › Posts by Sai

joined Jul 12, 2015

Anybody else notice something very interesting about Seju and her hands, when she's interacting with Sumin in the present, either her hands are hidden or have no rings on them. However, when she interacts with anyone else, its apparent she is wearing rings. It seems so full of intent that I couldn't imagine what else it could be... The author just might be a troll in QNAs... It is common for authors to do that sometimes.

To add more depth the analysis, rings and the symbolism of commitment is iterated and emphasized multiple times throughout the manhwa.

****************Warning Spoilers Ahead**********************************

1. Seju and Sumin wear wings to symbolism their relationship in the past, which they wore on their ring fingers
  2. Seju when she confronts Sumin about her depressed state, she wonders where she placed her ring
  3. At the bar before Seju had her affair, she took off her ring and was looking at it.
  4. When Sumin was going to try to reconcile, she found her ring and placed it on her ring finger.
  5. When Sumin hurts her finger, Sungji places a bandaid on Sumin's ring finger. BTW Seju totally notices the next day
  6. While they are having sex, Sumin literally states she can't do this because her finger (is bandaged)
  7. The author emphasizes showing Sungji wrapping another bandaid around Sumin's ring finger (imagery very proposal like).
  8. For the 100 day anniversary with the chairman, Sumin was going to give her a neckless that had a ring like object attached.
  9. It's emphasized that Sumin throws the neckless away.
  10. In the car scene right after the whole conversation about Seju meeting her family, her hands completely covered because she'd hiding them in her sleeves.

***************************End Spoilers********************************

Author is amazing...

joined Jul 12, 2015

The author already denied the possibility of an arranged marriage in her qna, and also, she said she does't want to define their relationships as some love triangle.

Perhaps that wasn't the author's intent, but based on the synopsis, story so far, and the cover, which has Sumin literally in the middle of Sungji and Seju, it all points to a love triangle.

Anybody else notice something very interesting about Seju and her hands, when she's interacting with Sumin in the present, either her hands are hidden or have no rings on them. However, when she interacts with anyone else, its apparent she is wearing rings. It seems so full of intent that I couldn't imagine what else it could be... The author just might be a troll in QNAs... It is common for authors to do that sometimes.

joined Jul 12, 2015

Also, all those spoilers are getting me more and more interested in it, but if Seju marries some random dude because of her family I will not be able to enjoy it, guess I need to wait for some time to be sure this shit will not happen, sigh...

I think it will be more interesting if she is getting an arranged marriage. This is supposed to be a love triangle, and I want to see something pull Sumin towards Seju again. This would be the kind of wake up call that would make Sumin confront her feelings about whatever happened in the past. It's like she's been frozen for the past 10 years, just emotionally running away from everything.

joined Jul 12, 2015

I hope the author doesn't marry off Seju... but she isn't completely a lesbian she slept with the bartender. who knows... but the author is really good about foreshadowing and adding seemingly innocuous, random details to move character development and plot.

I mean maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Seju did state she was going to be busy next week and now her family is having a get together...

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 9:55PM

joined Jul 12, 2015

I'm getting a lot of foreshadowing about Seju that she may be getting married:
1. During the conversation between Seju and Sungji, the author draws a close up of Seju's hands. She has a band on her left finger.
2. Seju stated in the beginning of the story, she would be really busy next week and wanted to see her as much as possible.
3. Sumin expressed surprise that Seju was visiting her family. All her brothers are coming into town and the last shot of her in the car... she's wearing a pearl necklace and looking more classy than usual and she has an almost forlorn look on her face.

I can't wait for the next chapter to address exactly what is happening with Seju.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 9:55PM