Forum › Posts by Meru

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

I'm shocked when I clicked on the #WDTFS hashtag on twitter. Bunch of screenshots off from the overlay with thai description on the user's posts

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WDTFS?src=hash

:'(

I just checked and I don't believe those are Halmoni's translations. They're different.

joined Jul 3, 2015

Doonge

You don't need to get your head around this. This is just what's going to happen as for now. Translations will be released privately until otherwise. Our main problem here is that people are stealing Halmoni's translations and claiming them as their own. That is unacceptable. I've said it before, if you want to illegally screenshot and post, go ahead, but find your own translator to typeset those raws. It will be up to Lezhin to decide what to do from there.

Of course Halmoni would be upset that someone took her translations. If someone stole your personal work that you spent hours on perfecting and claimed it as their own work, wouldn't you be upset as well? Thus us resulting in private translating at the moment. And now that Lezhin may be monitoring, the staff have decided to lay low in order to avoid any relation with these illegal acts.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 2:08PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

Torija

I wish I had your kind of patience! I gave in to looking at the raws the moment it came out lol.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 12:56PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

That's great but we don't want money and we don't care if Lezhin is the "winner" because we weren't competing for shit in the first place.

Thank you for your opinion. We all have our likes and dislikes. Conversation closed.

joined Jul 3, 2015

Honestly, do I have to make a list in order for people to understand our intentions?

1. Halmoni and the staff get no profit from translating.
2. The translations however are Halmoni's. You want her shit? Ask for permission.
3. We are not forcing or commanding anyone to do anything. We are simply asking that you use the overlay method to avoid any consequences that may occur if otherwise. You don't want to use it? Fine. We'll leave it up to Lezhin.
4. People who paid for the comic and are respectful; hey, we love you, we'll update you with any new chapters or tutorials, thanks for being chill.
5. otakuJin, please just let it go jfc.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 1:26AM

joined Jul 3, 2015

I believe what I asked for in my post was done so respectfully so I am not up for an argument of any sort. The fact of the matter is, this is a continuous pay to read manhwa and the translating staff has decided to respect that decision, thus resulting in our legal overlays.

Yes, we are aware that there has been other translations typesetted on shitty illegal raws previously but that wasn't our business to completely worry about. If they wanted consequences from the site, so be it. Halmoni and the staff though weren't going to risk it. However, now that they're directly stealing Halmoni's translations and claiming them as their own, this is where we must interfere.

There is a clear warning on every chapter of WDTFS stating consequences about illegal screenshotting, distributing, and posting. They do not tolerate it.

Do not try to jusitfy why it's "right". If you want to discuss more, feel free to drop by my tumblr.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 1:02AM

joined Jul 3, 2015

ANNOUCEMENT FROM TRANSLATING STAFF

If you haven't already, I'd suggest everyone who has an interest in WDTFS to read Halmoni's post about translation theft and illegal posting of raws.

Basically, what we're saying is, please do not steal, repost, upload, or distribute any of the chapter raws regardless of language and do not use Halmoni's translations without permission.

Whoever is in the act of doing these will face consequences, whether it be legal charges or the suspension of the accounts being used to post these unrightful acts of theft. It is not your work to claim.

If these acts continue to procceed and become out of hand, then the translating staff will stop translating WDTFS and drop it. Halmoni and the rest of the translating staff are a fan-based group who have been kind enough to put their personal time into sharing this comic with international users. We are not rich nor do we have time to deal with unnecessary disrespect from anons. Most of us are students trying to get through school and college for godsake. If we can cut back on a few cups of starbucks coffee and pay for the chapters, I'm sure you can too. Stop trying to justify why you can't pay for the comic and thus have to result in cheap tricks to read them. We have provided you several ways to read it legally, with detailed instructions and tutorials in order to assist you in your reading experience, and we're open to answering questions for those who have trouble accessing the site. It's literally 50 cents per chapter, it's not expensive.

It is not a right for you readers to have WDTFS translated for you. It's a privilege and as the people who are providing you with these translations, we have the right to take it away if we feel that we are being mistreated and taken advantage of.

So please, respect what we have asked for and legally read WDTFS. 21 coins for around 3 dollars will unlock 7 chapters for you and 61 for coins for about 9 dollars will unlock at least 20 chapters. We do not get any kind of profit from doing this whatsoever. Your money will rightfully go to the author and the site that's providing you the comic.

It's a great comic and the group gives quality work. Let's not ruin this for the people who honestly want to enjoy this comic and have already paid for chapters. It's not fair to them.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all understand.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 6:19PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

I'm sure she takes them off while having sex lmao.

joined Jul 3, 2015

The First Rule of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

Amen.

joined Jul 3, 2015

*resists*
... ...
*resists*
... ... ...

Ah screw it!

"As someone apart of" would kind of mean the opposite of what I think you want to say. (Hope I didn't misinterpret you.)

It should probably be "As someone part of" or "As someone a part of".
And ideally, "As someone who is part of" or "As someone who is a part of".

... Sorry.

*disappears*

Checked and fixed. I gotchu man. Thank you.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 10:47PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

I didn't read it yet but I guess it was more because she was drunk and emotional, probably had other reason too, but if she was not like that maybe she wouldn't have cheated on Sumin, maybe at the time she considered herself bisexual but now only lesbian, did she remember sleeping with the bartender or she discovered that when she woke up in the next day? And I don't really care about her sexuality, she loves Sumin and that's what matter, don't matter if it's yuri or not, I just really hate arranged marriages or marriage because of family pressure.

I understand. Those marriage situations made from family pressure aren't very appealing most of the time. As someone who is part of the LGBTQ community, I just wanted to make sure you understood that one doesn't need to have only been with women to identify themselves as a lesbian.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 10:42PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

I hope the author doesn't marry off Segu... but she isn't completely a lesbian she slept with the bartender.

A lesbian does not need to have only been with women to be a lesbian, honey. A lesbian who identifies herself as a lesbian could have been with men before. It doesn't mean she isn't "completely" a lesbian.

In the case of Seju, she was drunk and emotional, which could've fully influenced her decision to slept with one as being intoxicated can cause people to do stupid things. We do not know exactly why she did so I can't say if she's bisexual or not. All I know is that it was a bad move from Seju to cheat on Sumin. However, it's been confirmed from previous chapters that she identifies herself as a lesbian. Of course, that could've changed. We don't know but it seems like she still only has interest with women.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 9:52PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

Thanks for answers, I will wait for the moment :)
Hope

Thank you for your patience. If it still doesn't work, feel free to contact me at my tumblr writingborder for answers or post again specifying your problems.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 10:53PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

HI
I've got 21 coins on my phone but i can't see WDTFS in my search results..
When I try it on my computer, i don't see my coins..
My adress finish by @hotmail.fr
I paid with Paypal
I can't put 19 years old ON (i'm 23years and my registration should not be false)
If someone can help me how to resolve it :s

Why don't they translate the website in english... :"'(

If you have an android, WDTFS will not show up in the search results due to Google Play's policy about restrictions. It takes time for your coins to show up on the desktop so please check again. Did you follow the instructions on how to turn on the 19+ button on Page 1 of this forum? If so, it should be working unless the site is under maintenance.

And well, they don't translate it to English because it's specifically a Korean site made originally for Korean users. We gave clear tutorials but if that isn't enough, use google translate to convert the page to English.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 7:22PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

9,900 (to buy 61 coins) is how much in dollars?

It's around 8 dollars in U.S. dollars. When you pay through paypal, it'll convert it to the exact price.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 2:55PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

do you have english subtitle for chapter 17 - 19 ?

can you give me a link ?

please ???

I'm assuming you've already read the first 16 chapters somewhere other than the legal site Lezhin.

Sorry but we do not link chapters unless they're from the actual site itself where you must pay.

joined Jul 3, 2015

The overlays were not designed to withstand on a mobile device. It is not uncommon for chrome to crash. If it does, just reopen the app and try again is the only solution I can give you currently.

joined Jul 3, 2015

@ Meru

What you're doing is incredibly useful and awesome for the fans.

Major props to you!

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to help and improve the reading experience.

joined Jul 3, 2015

I bought the chapter and still in Korean. I followed those steps and it doesn't work. I used iPad. Please can anyone help me

The English overlays will not work on the app.

EDIT: HOW TO VIEW THE ENGLISH OVERLAYS ON A MOBILE DEVICE (chrome browser is recommended)

This is only tested for the Bookmarking Method.
Download the Chrome app on your mobile device if you don't already have it

1. Go to the Odd Squad Scanlations website and copy the text that's in the white box. overtoon text
  2. Go to a new tab and click on the star icon that's next to the url bar.
  3. Paste the overlay function text in the "url" bar and name it "overlay". Press save once you're done. Now a bookmark will be made. pic1 pic2
  4. Go to a chapter that has already been translated and open it. It will show the Korean version of the chapter. In order for the overlay to work, you must go to the url bar and delete what's in it. Type in "Overlay" in the url bar instead. Your bookmark will appear in the scroll down section. Click on it and wait for the page to reload pic3
  5. The English overlay will now be present. It may take some time for the overlay to work so scroll slowly and wait for the English text to replace the Korean one. Make sure you are reading the HD version of the chapter or else the overlay will not work properly.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 5:56PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

Lezhin replies to the adult verification problem

I will be checking the verification process each day to see if the issue has been fixed and will update if so. Thank you for your patience guys! Also, a tip for the new registers, please verify your age immediately after your account has been created.

Edit: The issue has been fixed. The verification will now work. Please follow the steps on Page 1 of this forum.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 4:41PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

Yes, they can very much sue you. Even if they live in another country, if you are distributing their work, which has placed copyrights on them, meaning the copy right laws still apply. You're right that suing overseas would be take more work however that does not mean they won't do it or at least try to. Both sides want to avoid the hassle of a case so we stick to overlays.

The team has decided to respect the site and the author and spread the comic legally through overlays for us international readers. Without Lezhin, we wouldn't be able to experience WDTFS so as a form of gratitude and courtesy to both the author and distributor for the story, we want to at least follow the rules they have placed.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 1:17AM

joined Jul 3, 2015

I had confirm that I over 19 but it didn't work and it begin to the page I've confirmed..
I bought 18 chapters on iOS but I just want to see the english translation but it doesn't work.. What should I do? TT_TT

Hi, from all the previous posts about this problem, I have emailed the website in hopes of a response and am trying to figure out a solution to this issue. Please be patient for now and I will update on this forum when I get progress. Thank you!

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 9:43PM

joined Jul 3, 2015

this is it. this is what i live for.

joined Jul 3, 2015

On another note... Did anyone else's heart break at Sungji crying in Chapter 18? The cherry blossom selca TT-TT

SUMIN U INSENSITIVE ASSHOLE HOW DARE SHE MAKE SUNGJI CRY

I NEVER THOUGHT SEEING AN IPHONE WOULD MAKE ME SAD?? BUT FOR SUNGJI, #TEAMFLIPPHONE

joined Jul 3, 2015

nitro0xyd

I have sent an email explaining this issue to the site since it seems the problem is wide spread. I will update if there is any reply.