Forum › Posts by clairesun

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

I think it will be more interesting if she is getting an arranged marriage. This is supposed to be a love triangle, and I want to see something pull Sumin towards Seju again. This would be the kind of wake up call that would make Sumin confront her feelings about whatever happened in the past. It's like she's been frozen for the past 10 years, just emotionally running away from everything.

The author already denied the possibility of an arranged marriage in her qna, and also, she said she does't want to define their relationships as some love triangle.

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

bluebearies and for all who have crashing issues on mobile device.

thanks for the instructions on viewing the overlay on mobile (i am on ipad). but the chrome browser crashes like 5 seconds after the English appears. is that normal? :(

Try another mobile browser instead, do not use chrome, I use mercury on ipad and has no problem with the overlay if i only have 1-2 tabs open.

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

however i'm curious where did you guys read that the author said seju haven't slept with other people in the past 10years?

it was mentioned in authors' qna on ask.fm, but actually, she didn't explicitly say seju has never slept with other people in the past 10 years. If I remember correctly, she simply pointed out, seju is not like sumin who has a lot of sexual partners.

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

Meru

On another note... Did anyone else's heart break at Sungji crying in Chapter 18? The cherry blossom selca TT-TT

T_T, raise my hand. but at least sumin says something like "we could go there to take another one next time."

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

dawny

Sumin's workplace is a place where Sumin works. Not a place where Sumin talks to Nammi. Of course, if Sumin wants, she can.

put aside our different standpoints, u still have some logic fallacy in ur argument.

seju can't make sumin do whatever she wants her to do =/= Seju is not doing something controlling or she is not willing to control.

It doesn't matter if sumin is cold towards her or not. U are right, it seems seju leaves enough personal space for sumin, and that's exactly because(only my point of view), as u say, she IS NOT STUPID, she knows where she can use her influence and how to use, and where she can't.

As for namisa, don't u think seju is a little bit overracting in doing so, considering her image u've portrayed for us? We've already seen namisa in chapter 16, who happens to have a quite keen perception of people and the circumstance, I can't help to think that seju really shall have a reason to dislike her

Well, just a suggestion, could we simply move out of this "cul-de-sac" and on to some new topics. There are still a lot of interesting details worth discussing, not only our seju-sumin complex.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 7:59AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

KoutarouTatsumiya

I've seen the tutorial....but whenever I fill in whatever information or what not, even when the birthdate I give makes me older then 19, the 19+ switch still doesn't turn red like I've seen, so I can't view WDTFS at all....when I go to read the chapter, it asks for adult certification again, and when I input information, it just continues to redirect me back to the previous page but doesn't let me view the 19+ content. I really don't know what to do

Do u have a facebook account, use it to login, if you've already had ur age info on facebook, ur lezhin account will be set 19+ automatically.

Meru
thanks for reminding me, made the name change :)

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 4:04PM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

I'm just wondering, do you suddenly burst out laughing when you type? I can't take you seriously when you keep randomly adding lol. Pfft.

Anyway, there wasn't any doubt that Seju doesn't feel affection for Sumin since the beginning so you're basically just pointing out the obvious, lol.

yeah, I really burst out laughing when I see the word "sinister", originally it's typed as "hahaha" but i replaced it with "lol".

BUT I‘M SERIOUS in what I'm saying. I SWEAR!

last edited at Jul 5, 2015 8:15AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

Ah, well you make it sound so sinister. "Controlling is mostly one kind of love," I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean.

lol, sorry to make u confused, there is no need to be controlling if seju doesn't love sumin, I never doubt that,
And seju, as I can tell, she cannot love sumin as a lover but she can love her like a family member, we know sumin's cold and ignoring attitude, that's why she tends to know the details of sumin's life because sumin just won't tell her in a normal way. If there is no psycho trauma exists, the weakness of sumin's personality won't be a big problem and we will have a happy couple ever after. But let's face it, the trauma makes everything different.

It seems to me sumin is not that open to seju about her private life if she is not in a frustrated mood

The key phrase there is "it seems to me".

Actually, you cannot even find a scene where sumin tell seju her life detail voluntarily when she is not in depression. only one exception, chapter9 she told seju her coming out to sungji and that seems to me (lol) it's because she is having a great desire to talk about the blonde.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:01AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

^Most of your arguments have been refuted. And it IS an assumption because we don't have definite proof that she is more or less controlling.

what kind of definite proof do u need? I don't think we have to wait for seju doing some sinuous evil deeds that we can finally call it controlling, as a matter of fact, I don't really think it will happen.
Controlling is not a necessarily malicious thing, rather it's mostly one kind of love.

Again, Seju has not been forcing Sumin to tell her about her relationships, It's Sumin who opens up to Seju. Although Seju did ask about what Sumin thinks about Sungji, they're just having regular conversations and not "Seju-coaxing-Sumin-to-spill-the-beans". Sumin has the choice to not respond to Seju. It's not like she's scared of her y'know, she even tells Seju to get out of her office.

It seems to me sumin is not that open to seju about her private life if she is not in a frustrated mood, and after chapter 14, I doubt that's not the first time seju using some trick to get the information sumin don't wanna share with her.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:02AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

Sumin's own doing subconsciously = It takes two hands to clap
because Sumin is willing subconsciously. If you do understand what I am trying to say. I don't see how this doesn't add up.

having no choice and doing it subconsciously still have big difference. And sumin definitely didn't do anything subconsciously even the last scene in chapter 14. But u are right each kind of relationship takes two hands to clap. Only I think seju is the one who can change this situation if she wants, not sumin (she is, yeah, as we all agree, an emotionally dependent wreck)

BTW, I've listed a lot of things I count as a controlling deed in the previous posts. It's not an assumption that seju is more or less controlling. But it seems u think those things are just another kind of caring and love where I see them as really annoying prying.

I don't wanna report to someone whom I date, whom I sleep with, is there someone I want to meet, if I have new friends or not, if I'm interested in some cutie in the office

And if I have someone in my heart, I just don't wanna see anyone who is not relevant to step into my business against my will whether she has a good intention or not.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:04AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

She is emotionally dependent on Seju, that does not necessarily mean that a domineering Seju is controlling her. Even if Sumin is controlled by Seju, it is could probably be Sumin's own doing subconsciously. Seju can never forcefully control Sumin based on the Sumin's cold attitude. Sumin would probably just push Seju away further. It takes two hands to clap.

It's not because there exists something forceful that i call it control, it's just I feel seju somehow abuses her influence on sumin and thus trapped her(may or may not on purpose) in this weakness, because she loves sumin, wants to take care of her and keep her in life, unfortunately that kind of way won't save sumin from her trauma.
For sumin, there is no choice due to her vulnerability, for seju, I don't know, I think she knows the situation and simply don't wanna change.

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

How can she be that weak and be controlled by Seju when she knows how to control other people, at least to a certain level? She is a team leader, leading a group of men who sort of fear her. When did Sumin become a damsel in distress?==

Sumin may be a good seducer, but she never has the ability to control people. Chapter 4, her gf dumped her, Chapter 17, our poor sumin forcing herself to do strap-on thing just to pleasing red ? Not to mention all her awkward behaviors after she realized her feeling for sungji. u name that controlling?

From what I see, if Sumin doesn't want to be controlled, Seju has no way to it.

O, yes, she has. We discussed that already, sumin is emotionally dependent and seju is the only one she can rely on. No friends, no lover, no family. And she is a cancer, not some tough capricorn who can deal with all the inner problems by herself.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:07AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

I could throw back a similar question to you. If Seju wants to control Sumin, why is she constantly pushing Sumin to be with Sungji?

Bang, that's exactly another kind of control, if I know someone arranged this for me, I would really feel offended, even whom I love was in your plan, are u kidding me?

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 6:34AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

This argument doesn't make sense. Sumin has a phone and does have the freedom contact Nami (blue). Sumin also has freedom to have girlfriends and other one-night stands. How is that isolating Sumin from the outside world? Nami was talking about the past when Sumin was too dependent on Seju. But now, no.

Don't take me wrong, when I say their relationship I mean the relationship before the accident, I never refer it to the current situation. In chapter16, blue told sungji, at that time sumin was always stick with seju (I'm not sure if there is a meaning of only here) and even she was not that familiar with sumin, furthermore if u take a look at sumin's life, do u see anyone else, like friend? Do u think it's normal?
I never imply it's seju who did this intentionally. It's the status of that kind of relationship which would necessarily lead to that result.

Sumin couldn't find someone who is genuinely in love with her, so she goes back to Seju. This doesn't necessarily mean Seju has to take the blame that she is controlling Sumin. It could mean Sumin still finds Seju as her place of refuge. I could even say that Sumin is too hesitant to make a decision to break off and is pulling Seju in with her because Seju loves Sumin enough not to let her go if Sumin is still struggling.

Again, I'M NOT BLAMING SEJU.
It's a refuge, because sumin has no other choice (the reason described in the text above), and the refuge is somehow negative, the last straw she can hold is the one which would repeatedly remind her of her pain.

Seju is just trying to find out some information. She is probably not the type who likes to keep questions unanswered. I don't see anything fatal in that. It is not like Seju is trying to find out some bank account number to steal money. And Seju is not stupid. Forbidding Nami to enter the company doesn't mean forbidding Sumin to keep in contact with Nami. Seju wants to confirm if Sumin likes Sungji or not... isn't that a sign that Sju likes Sumin? Why does it all have to be related to controlling?

Isn't that question so that important to seju, if she hasn't any intention to control, why she must know that after sumin refuse to tell her? No, it's not fatal, it's just annoying for lovers or even friends and I don't see any respect here.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:12AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

kyra

Like I said, it's hard to tell at this point in time but as dawny pointed out, it's rather unfair to say Seju always has malicious intentions and doesn't care at all about Sumin. For example in chapter 2, we see her worry about Sumin being cold when she tells her that she shouldn't have waited since it's snowing so heavily.

Agree, I too, can feel her caring and devotion to sumin, only I don't think her love is selfless (and yes who says it has to be! lol ) . Don't forget seju is a scorpion and you are right she just wants to have Sumin in her life, It's not a guilt.

Sumin is right in saying that it's not a life or death situation whether or not she studies abroad but her frivolous attitude at the time was really worrying. She was obvious neglecting many things during that period in her life. Her health, her relationship with Seju (shutting her out instead of letting her in) and she was also neglecting her own future plans. The future-plan the she had with Seju.

One month is too short for someone who lost her family and suddenly became all alone in the world to recover. In my point of view, the characters have different personality, readers should understand them on the character's behalf, not on our own. Sumin is the only child, never seperated from her mother (chapter 10), she is a cancer, for whom family love is the most important thing in their life, and most of all, She might be somehow spoiled by her family and seju and don't know how to control her emotion. How could one count on such a girl to be strong and reasonable. If I were in that kind of situation, I would definitely postpone the plan for one year.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 3:27AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

kyra

Sumin is hard to approach, I think the fact that Sumin's life was dominated by Seju's presence is not because Seju is controlling or anything but because Sumin doesn't see the point of letting anyone else in on her life. You see this in future chapters, e.g. the most recent one.

The fact that Seju knows details about Sumin's life is not because she's controlling or stalkerish but rather because Sumin tells her. For example in chapter 14 or 15, she tells Seju that she broke up with someone that she'd thought was 'the one'. From my understanding, I think Sumin is the one that keeps on coming back to Seju and not the other way around.

As I mentioned before the reason why sumin can never leave seju is because her relationship with seju totally shut her off from the outside world (chapter 16, blue's description), she might never have a chance or need to be independent and after the accident, constantly got hurt due to this kind of emotional disability. That's another reason I feel pathetic for sumin, she has no help to seek but the very cause of her own sufferings, even she wants to move on, as long as she doesn't meet the right person who will love her genuinely and be patient enough to support her, she will still end up with "going back to seju".

And I still strongly feel seju are trying to control, There are a lot of signs (chapter 4, it's seju who prying the private life of sumin, chapter 9, after sumin told her she came out to sungji, seju suddenly became a little anxious and want to confirm immediately whether she likes sungji or not;==chapter 15, blue was forbidden to enter the company freely by seju even she knows blue is the only friend of sumin; The most convincing one: chapter 14, she slyly tricked sungji to get the information she wants which in chapter 13 sumin don't want her to know==, :( I would be really upset if someone doing so behind my back whoever she/he is).

I doubt sumin will tell her those trivia voluntarily, as far as I can see, sumin would only talk to seju if she is emotionally frustrated. Even in chapter 9, she do tell seju the come out thing, from my point of view, it's just because sumin had a strong desire to talk about sungji at that time.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 3:25AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

In fact, it's highly likely that they didn't talk about it at all and just swept it under the rug in my opinion.

You've just made me realize that's incredibly likely. I mean, Sumin completely shut down for a month or so after her parent's death. It wouldn't be a surprise if she avoided confrontation and just began to live under a facade of coldness. It's a defensive mechanism for her it seems.

probably not, after chapter 14, i think sumin can be really open to talk with seju. At least, it's not totally impossible if seju wants to explain.

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 2:28PM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

I too am on team Seju, I like her as a character. I think she has more to offer Sumin then Sungji ever will, even when certain plot details are revealed in later chapters.

First of all, they've been together since high-school. It's also strongly implied that Sumin got promoted/got to where she is now with a bit of help from Seju. She also genuinely cares about Sumin and if you've read the chapters, you get the vibe that Seju cares about Sumin a lot more. Sumin acts cold and disinterested and is even cruel towards Seju. I think it's Sumin that's using Seju as a sexual outlet rather than the other way around. Yet Seju still stays and has done so for more than 10 years. That says something.

It's overreacting to call seju a hoe, but I do have some different view towards the sumin-seju complex. Where somebody see devotion I see an inequality in this relationship.

The whole adolescence and most of sumin's adult life are under the influence of seju and her family. It freaks me out when i know even they are not in a relationship, seju knows every detail of sumin's life, who is her friend, whom she dates, tracing her outing, and she can enter her house freely. Yes, one can say she loves sumin that much, devotion is sweet, but controlling is another. For me, I think it's a little bit pathetic.

By the way, Seju is super rich, her family is powerful, it's pretty easy for her to take care of sumin and to arrange sumin's life without much efforts. To my suprise, although she might be the only one who knows the problem and vulnerability of sumin, in the past 10 years she never try to change the situation between them, but strengthened the emotional and material dependence. For me, somehow, sumin is more like a possession to seju, not someone you love and want her to be happy.

last edited at Jul 5, 2015 1:19AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

Even Seju, who is ranked rather low in terms of votes, isn’t really that bad of a character.

may i ask what vote you refer to, I always think seju is a pretty popular character among the readers.

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 8:34AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

I think the relationship between Sumin and director are real .Every relationship has a circle, fall in love, love fade away , fight .but in that fight or if there is something wrong with the partner . It's time decide will they leave or stay. I think a first it was a bit Sumin's fault . The director tried to comfort her . But then the director felt stress after the fight got drunk , sad and slept with another man. I knew that she was feel more comfortable at all, she felt worse. That 's why they are having sex together . Director didn't explain and Sumin got pissed off (3 finger!) especially when she met the blond girl . It was 2 persons ' fault. They are both childish and didn't know how to maintain a relationship , they even didn't know how toblove themselves. I saw that it was really hard for Sumin and director to work out their relationship. Now Sumin is 34, been through a lot( she will know what to do when hard time come) and settle down . I think there a really higher chance for Sumin and blond get together. ( although they will go through the same circle but not problems). But i still refer the relationship between director and Sumin . Since they left too much hurt and scars for each other. It would be hard and take very long time but the relationship may be more solid , and it just because i felt that it would be more very interesting story if they get back together rather than the common story -line, with other people.

well, i think it's impossible for sumin and seju to go back. The relationship between them is totally not that healthy from the very beginning. Sumin indulged herself with the seju-only world and never had a chance to learn how to develop an intimate connection with someone else (she has almost no friend but one), she was over-protected by seju (and also by her family maybe) and has no idea what mutual understanding is. Though 34 years old, still she is that childish girl 10 years ago. If she is not going to grow up in a world without seju materially and emotionally, she will never recover from her past. Somehow i think sumin knows everything, seju is the only one she can rely on even she is very cause of her sorrow,that's why her attitude is always cold and unconcerned.
Finally let's face it, the love between sumin and seju was fade away long time ago, only habits and condolence remain.

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 8:50AM

clairesun
joined Jun 29, 2015

Here it is
http://postimg.org/image/tuvwpw5rp/f34be8a6/

It says you don't have enough coins to unlock the chapter.

Seju x Sumin shall prevail!

We can't be friends ಠ_ಠ

Hey, Halmoni, seems you really don't like Seju XD. May I ask why? For though i too ship Sungji & Sumin wholeheartedly, still I feel sorry for Seju & Sumin's past story.