Forum › Posts by anoedo

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

I am a bit confused about Dynasty's homepage's sections.
I am not sure what's the difference between the two sections I squared below.

I have long assumed both sections are "Recently Added" but the left section include thumbnails and tags, while the right section doesn't. Today I realized the two sections don't display the same chapters.

I hope this is not a silly question!

Not a silly question at all!

It would be more accurate to say that the items on the left (with thumbnails) are recently released and items on the right (text only) are recently added to the site. The difference is that the releases are when the chapter was first made available by the scanlator. For example, the items in your screen-capture were added to Dynasty on Aug.17, 2022, but their release dates are in 2020 an 2021.

Something I'd quite like is a "brand new" page that takes this distinction a bit further and only shows new oneshots and chapter 0/1s of newly added series.

Generally when I visit the site it's to read new chapters of subscribed series, or something totally new. The "to read" list is good for the former, but the front page isn't great for the latter as I find it's predominantly chapters for series I've already tried and am not interested in.

I think I've previosuly brought up being able to blacklist/ignore series additionally to tags for the same effect, which at the time was dismissed for proably being to resource-intensive.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

@shojie07
This is the link from twitter https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1104255190620758017?s=21
It will be serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh...

Aw, it's unfortunate that they're switching to a new mangaka, I really liked the character art of the first few volumes. On the other hand, maybe we'll get a bit more interesting paneling and backgrounds now?

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

@shojie07
The first manga adaptation finished in volume 3, and just recently it gets 2nd manga adaptation.

Wait, so you mean the manga version isn't permanently cancelled? Do you have a link to the post? I was pretty bummed when it stopped publishing a couple of years back, so that's great news if true!

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

It would be really really nice if we could blacklist tags. I've recently discovered that while it's too big a deal for me to see "het" or "rape" and move on, a friend of mine (a rape survivor) can become incredibly distraught just from seeing the phrase "het rape" unprepared. I think it would be healthy for her and other readers like her be able to turn this site into a safe space for themselves.

That is already a feature of the site though. It's under Manage Profile.

Is there a reason that this functionality is limited to "doujin" and "tag" tags specifically? I've been thinking it might be nice to filter certain prolific series and authors from the front page, to more easily see what new series and one-shots have been released, without needing to skip past all the chapters I know I'm not interested in.

anoedo
No Way Out discussion 20 Apr 06:22
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Lesbian Jigsaw strikes again!

I was just thinking we need a tag for this.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Now of course depending on the country you might have stuff like adoption, surrogacy, freezing sperm or eggs prior to transition, or donated sperm or eggs to complicate the equation in the other direction. Plus probably stuff I forgot to mention.

As someone working in IVF, this ^^^. Getting eggs or sperm frozen before transitioning is a very good idea if you're wanting to have kids down the line.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Did this make the rounds somewhere earlier? I could've sworn I've seen these chapter titles before.

@auikimaya ╰(ఠ_ఠ)╯

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

I got confused by the dates and thought there were 5 new chapters out instead of just one... (´;ω;`)

Oh well, at least now that the new volume's out they should roll out at a steady pace.

anoedo
Reversible discussion 13 Jan 21:04
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Hope there's a third part to round if all off :)

Yes please! I wasn't expecting even a 2nd part, so just this much was a very pleasant surprise.

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

I just wanted to say that I love the uniforms, especially paired with Airi's leggings (which randomly disappear on page 18).

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Also I burst out laughing at "business yuri"
And yeah, Nico was kind of an asshole in this, but it was still funny

My response was more along the lines of...

Ok I know that hand holding has always been lewd... but we all agree that THAT was the lewdest hand holding scene right? Unless I'm missing something here

If anyone believes they know of a more lewd hand-holding scene than that, then I think it's important they post it. To um, confirm what AkiraH said.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 6:59AM

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Agreed, I'm going to be sad now that it's over...

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Also, Kotooka got really annoying right there at the end for me. Like, wasn't she supposed to be in love with Tsukasa? At least be a little more hesitant about the whole thing, do not push your "love" into someone else's arms so easily and so eagerly. I was hoping to see some sort of Kotooka x Tsukasa teasing, but nope, all we got was a lame, seemingly sad stare right there at the end.

I think Kotooka is trying to commit the romantic equivalent of suicide. Pretty sure in her mind, a relationship between her and Shiratori is impossible, or maybe even wrong. Therefore she tries to date other boys/ wants Shiratori to start dating a boy so that she actually has zero chance, and the reality will match her perception.

Kotooka's probably already worked through all of her angst previously and accepted the fate that she has decided for herself. She'll probably have to have a change in perspective, or a confrontation with her stance on the matter, before she begins to show any external romantic gestures towards Shiratori.

I agree that shes holding off out of fear of ruining the established group dynamic, and maybe also believes the whole "girls can't love girls" thing. It's such a staple of the genre though, that I'm having trouble thinking of any other potential reasons that she might have for not wanting to date her.

As for her "date every guy who asks" attitude, it seems more likely to me that she's doing it for the chance that she might actually fall in love with them too. No doubt that would resolve the problem nicely from her perspective.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

There's currently 4 volumes out.

How many chapters are there?

The most recent chapter is 18.

anoedo
anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

It seems to me that rather than Yuzumori being jealous, she instead just sees through Shi's facade and dislikes her for being mean-spirited.

anoedo
Lily Love discussion 05 Sep 08:36
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Maybe I'm a "generic" person at heart, but I would have been disappointed if her dad softened her stance. In terms of story, having him remain firm in his awfulness makes sense, whereas I think it's more common (and to some degree weaker) for the homophobic parent to show at least internal regret at their actions.

i find it fitting as well. There's a weird duality to how certain Donut is that her feelings won't change, and then at the same time the father is also just as resolute about his own opinion never changing.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Didn't expect such melancholic endings given how comic the chapters started out :'-(

anoedo
Fragtime discussion 31 May 10:19
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Oh man, this chapter!

So much progress, but all I can wonder is...

...where do her bra straps disappear to under that shirt?

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

I'm going to need the name of this manga for ... uh ... research into ... ah ... code hygiene. Yeah, that's it! So dirty.

I'm afraid it's just an edit that pops up on the /g/ DPT threads sometimes. The source is even dirtier than that code, but it's Mesu-Nized Festival if you don't care that it's just plain yaoi

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Ah yes yes, really good!
Very cute!
" if you're gay or transgender, you must have good taste. "
Hm, my taste is not THAT good.

I thought it was if you're trans, you're probably a computer programmer. There was a joke in the 90s that CRT radiation actually caused GID, so many were in the trade.

Huh, I never thought I would ever hear any actual reason that this makes any sense...

last edited at Mar 1, 2016 2:48AM

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

lucky star reference?

Well spotted, I thought that page seemed familiar somehow but just didn't make that connection.

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

The reason why I personally find Maki to be a bit creepy isn't exactly because he's a 'spectator of romance', but because he's an "active" spectator of romance. Don't really know how to explain it exactly, but the way he consider romance to be something that seems to be made for him to watch and enjoy kind of put me off. Like he consider that people love lives are just there for the sake of him watching them. To the point that when people tries to get him involved, he seemingly gets angry or disappointed. The way he talked with Yuu about her situation, like he's not just observing but stydying her is kinda weird.

Not that I hate the character or anything, but there's that little something about the way he treat other people's romance that doesn't sit too well with me. Gives the feeling he might decide to intervene in some way to make the "show" more interesting for his taste.

I was just about to post something along these lines. I wonder how he'll react seeing that the relationship between Yuu and Nanami is somewhat slow/unconventional and may not even develop into anything.

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Maki is an interesting one, but I'm on the side of him coming across as a bit creepy. In particular, despite his insistence on not wanting to get involved in "the play", he still decides to interfere by confronting Yuu. I expect further mischief from him in the future.

Does anyone else see the parallels between him and Yuu? Both of them act quite differently to how they describe themselves in their monologues; that, in addition to both of them saying that they enjoy watching other people's love stories.

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 8:43PM

anoedo
Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Oh god I've been there. On a packed bus, sneezing uncontrollably, ran out of tissues, no tsundere gyaru to bail me out.

I'll never forget the embarrassment ;_;

Anoedo.. I cannot remember the name of the series your profile picture is from.. can you please tell me?

Comprehensive Tovarisch, methinks.

It is.

Comprehensive Tovarisch, methinks.

Why is no one updating that series? It's good

I know right? At least A Kiss And A White Lily is similar and regular enough to hold me over while I wait.