Forum › Posts by PaperCrease

PaperCrease
Enough discussion 16 Sep 15:48
joined Dec 11, 2014

It has a Drama tag.

A lot of stories which things work out in also have that tag, so avoiding everything tagged as Drama would mean missing out on those, e.g. Fall in Love, Shounen, or Tears of Pearl.

So you just have to decide for yourself whether to take the gamble or not. If you simply can't stand some hit on the feels, just avoid Drama altogether, love. If you really want to be spoiled, you can always just read the comments before the story.

apparently my already shortened-length reply is detected as spam, so hopefully the five-or-so sentences version works.

drama does not imply that those other tags are likely, or even necessarily possible outcomes, which is why they are their own tags. i put effort in to set up my blacklists- or in dynasty-scans' case, i always check the tags for combinations of tags i do not want to read. when a tagging system cannot be relied on to do its part to let me not see things that i do not want to see (or to let me see what i do want to see, though that's a lot harder to catch and has not come up here for me yet), why bother having a tagging system at all?
as for reading the comments sections beforehand, that's spoilers- in multi-chapter works that usually doesn't matter in the long run, but for oneshots it has a high chance of diminishing any emotional value that the work could have. why would i want to do that?

joined Dec 11, 2014

i keep reading this over and over as it's the best alice x patchouli one out there. not that the rest of them aren't good but this one... yes. this one is very good.

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

I thought that the comments section and the manga both would eventually drive me away but I've just read both (alongside each other by time) and it's all very interesting.
I... don't really have anything to contribute at the moment that hasn't already been stated. But this was a fantastic chapter and I can't wait to see how the story in general continues. Also in particular how Shi-chan attempts to recover from the huuuge fumble she just made.

PaperCrease
Swap discussion 18 Mar 07:11
joined Dec 11, 2014

So when's the sequel where one/both of them get impatient and catch the other/each other in the act?

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

i wasn't sure i understood the full connotations of the splat bomb rush beyond the super obvious, but i think a fully charged "killer wail" in bed speaks volumes

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

I'd just like to point out that you sometimes only need two hits with burst bombs to kill. A direct hit on their body does about 60 damage, an indirect does about 30, and the outer ring where it barely hit them does about 20. (This is assuming zero damage ups.) A squid has 100 health. You wanna be able to land at least one direct hit, and then go for the second, but you do still want to throw a third one just in case the second one doesn't hit directly.

• Sincerely, burst bomb main (carbon roller flavor) who is hoping they are not being obnoxious.
joined Dec 11, 2014

"It was a good butt, just like a sea cucumber..."

I'm kinda wondering if Kakurei in the future would be able to make do walking during the day with an umbrella.

joined Dec 11, 2014

It is Yuri. W/e Matsuri accepts or rejects Koyuki, it is still Yuri. Yuri doesn't mean (as some seems to think) "story that ends with lesbian couple". Yuri is story focused on 1 or more lesbian characters, usually containing romance. According to your post, all those drama and annnnnnnnnngst manga we have here aren't yuri, because it ends with girl being rejected/never confessing her feelings.

Right, right, sorry. I just end up getting so bored and annoyed with that kind of thing cuz' 's not in my tastes so I only end up reading it when I'm caught off guard because tags. Lemme correct myself.

While it could theoretically end up without the two main characters being a yuri couple, I think it'd be a bit silly to consider that as a decently likely possibility, and it'd be even sillier (or maybe just stupid) if it really did end up that way.

I also forgot to mention something else in my comment. The tone of the manga. Does the general tone of the manga really lean towards sad or tragic? Is it really so heavily drenched in misery that there's no way they could've become a couple at the end there?

joined Dec 11, 2014

You're talking about "Happy End"? Cause if not I'm curious about what manga you're talking about.

Yep. That's it. That's the one. There it is.
Man, fuck Happy End.

And I've thought about it again a bit more.
While this one is entirely open-ended, there's not much reason to say that they necessarily didn't get together, and even less reason to say that their relationship was any more than probably temporarily strained.
Think about it for a second. There's no end on the manga. Matsuri didn't pick up the boy's letter again (or at least it wasn't shown) and at no point did it suggest she thought about the boy again. Matsuri is evasive from Koyuki and tends to blush heavily when they do actually interact. Matsuri doesn't seem to be rejecting or denying Koyuki and, unless wham sudden curveball additional part and character development with no previous hints, she doesn't seem to have any sort of condition or anxiety that would actually cause her to be (nearly) unable to tell Koyuki that she's not interested. This is a yuri publication, filled with yuri girls and yuri in general, to be sold to an audience that likes yuri and probably doesn't like getting teased and then heavily rejected/denied of yuri.

While it could theoretically end up not being yuri, I think it'd be a bit silly to consider it such, and it'd be even sillier (or maybe just stupid) if it really did end as something other than yuri.

joined Dec 11, 2014

I'm... more than mildly confused? I get that the last few pages were added a long while after most of the story was already up and so invalidates the comments to some degree, but I feel like I missed a whole lot of comments because things quickly escalated from "this was pretty cute" to "stupid yuri fans and their victimization" and "friendzoning" and "the ending was horrible" and "Matsuri was straight" despite the obvious cues and...? Page 22 is more than enough in a yuri publication to point to good end, and even without the extra last pages, I don't think there was much to complain about besides it not being super conclusive (which is more of a matter of taste and preferences)?...

Although, in a different note about the "yuri fan's paranoia", I HAVE been treated to the "miracle" that is a boy being in only two or three pages and showing romantic interest and then not popping up again until the yuri manga just stops at the bad end wherein one of the two main characters dates/marries him after time skip... It was pretty terrible.

PaperCrease
RWBY Xmas discussion 25 Dec 13:40
joined Dec 11, 2014

I appreciate that meme at the end, that was a nice touch of not-sweet to accompany the rest of the doujin.

Yay~

But what did Weiss get Ruby?

I think she got Ruby normal cookies. On page 8 Ruby says "Yay, cookies~" and on page 9 a normal cookie slips out of her hand and mouth as what Weiss said hits her mentally jeezus fuck this is too cute aaaaa

joined Dec 11, 2014

I wasn't really expecting this... I mean, I don't really care much for or against shota, but I kinda came to this manga for the yuri initially, and it felt like... I dunno, really. This chapter was a bit... weird, to me.

Lucoa as a supposed succubus is... well, from her behavior and body? It's not the most far fetched thing in the world, definitely.

PaperCrease
KaWaE discussion 08 Dec 13:28
joined Dec 11, 2014

I was just reading through whatever random yuri came up... I don't know anything about this "Aikatsu" but between the artstyle, this "Yurika"'s hairstyle, her glasses, and the way she spoke, I couldn't help but think of Eromame's "Yurika" Splatoon doujin stuffs.

And then I checked the author.

joined Dec 11, 2014

But since we already have Koishi x Kokoro, we must also have Satori x Kokoro.

Plus there's a lot of Koishi x Satori so we can have one big happy Satori x Koishi x Kokoro threesome!

i never knew how much i needed Satori x Kokoro but now the time for Satori x Kokoro has passed and i desire Satori x Kokoro x Koishi

it must happens

last edited at Dec 5, 2015 2:51AM

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

I had mint chocolate ice cream once a few years ago and it tasted amazing and I couldn't get enough of it (I was stopped after eating half of the carton within half an hour) but none of the mint chocolate ice cream I've tried ever since tasted even remotely not-gross...

joined Dec 11, 2014

Am I the only one who wants a spinoff with Makoto as lead?

I dunno about a whole spinoff, but a chapter or two starring/centered around him would probably be interesting.

joined Dec 11, 2014

On the first two pages this chapter all I could think of was "D! D for Dragon!"
This chapter didn't have much to it aside from worldbuilding, which I'm completely okay with.
I wonder what'll happen on the inevitable meet-the-parents chapter. I'm a little bit curious as to what Kobayashi would be if she were superhuman (and how she'd complain about certain aspects and tropes before modifying them, if possible), even though that's (probably) not where this is headed.

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

I almost didn't catch this chapter coming out at all; I read and reread and reread the first two so many times so long ago, it almost felt like it'd be years before I'd ever see the rest of it. Now to repeat the process~ ^-^
Thank you, everyone who works on the translations, and especially thank you to Kumichou!~

PaperCrease
joined Dec 11, 2014

Surely there will be a continuation to this story?... The only yuri that was really even here was the omake. And I liked where this was going. I mean, sure, I've probably read this plot before, but still.

This looks like a nice series and good gawd that omake was adorable!

It seems like some of you skipped the author words and didn't see the explanation of the child power.
You should read it

Lol! I was wondering the same thing...cmon people :p

I missed it and yet I guessed the power spot on, although the thing about the flowers turning back into seeds was a bit confusing to me, but it still didn't make sense for it to be anything else.

And now, having read the author's note...
Shiro's older sister died whenever amount of time ago. She looked a lot like unnamed researcher girl. Unnamed researcher girl, ~28 years old, her sister killed herself ten years ago and was about the same age as Shiro.
This could be a thing. You know. That thing. Where they're actually related. Especially with Shiro's aging-powers.
I mean it was already a slightly obvious possibility, but now it feels more confirmed.
Then again I could just be crazy and my personal preferences in story could be providing bias.
But even so, I feel like it might be so.