Forum › Posts by blahzicle

blahzicle
joined Nov 1, 2014

who is jin partner?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rin_rin#17

According to this: https://archive.moe/u/thread/1274386/ Horii Kisuke, also known as Raku-Gun, may be her partner; she's the writer/artist of Tie Breaker. Since they live together it's more of an assumption that they're in a relationship, but since they've known each other since vocational school that might match up with the 10 years info given on that panel. Also their art styles are similar.

Edit: whoops, should've checked both sides of the story. Jin clarified that they aren't in a relationship, thus the mysterious partner shall remain unknown. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10550

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 6:16AM

joined Nov 1, 2014

I made an account just to contribute to this. The theory that the girls resemble the seven deadly sins is just too interesting. I originally thought I had them all pinned down, but the more I read what each sin truly means and the more I thought about each character, I came to the conclusion that they each embody one or more sin.

Ruki - wrath - even from chapter 1, Ruki seems quick to be annoyed by rather trivial things, namely Sacchi constantly calling her boyfriend. The moments are few and far in between, and this is probably and honestly my weakest argument, but it's the closest and only one that truly fits. I could argue that she's pride as well, as shown by her inability to accept help unless it's thrust upon her (i.e. her confusion with maps and directions; not speaking up to her father when he told her to just go to her back-up school; making up with Fueko), but that seems weak too.

Fueko - gluttony, sloth - her lack of ability to be bothered by anything is an extreme case of sloth, but she deserves gluttony as well. Her overconsumption of sleep and simplicity leads to the waste of her relationship with Asuna. I agree that she may be depressed and asexual, but she avoids critical communication in favor of keeping her peaceful days - regardless if their relationship was doomed from the start.

Sacchi - sloth - I couldn't think of anymore that would fit Sacchi, but honestly this fits her the best. She may not be physically lazy like Fue but she's spiritually lazy. She seems easily lead to go with the flow, never speaking up unless the situation becomes dire. She stayed with an abusive boyfriend, and as noted with sloth, "evil exists when good men fail to act." Sacchi seems to be doing this same with Ruki too, placating her because she doesn't know or tries to do anything else.

Remi - lust, greed, wrath - I actually think Remi, Asuna, and Meru share lust, greed, and gluttony since they all participate in excessive behavior. Lust is an obvious reason considering her intense desire for sex, but greed (which can also be switched with gluttony) kind of off-sets that with her seemingly constant pursuit of "weak-minded" people in love. Wrath, in a way, neatly packages this all together with her self-destructive need to be drunk or having fun.

Asuna - lust, gluttony - again, lust is an obvious choice considering her hyper sexual needs, but I also thought of gluttony due to her kinda sorta "want the cake and eat it too" attitude. She knew Fueko couldn't satisfy her sexual needs but she loved everything else about her; she knew Meru could satisfy her sexual needs but there was nothing else to be gained. This overconsumption and borderline selfish action laid waste to her relationship by lack of communication. Honestly, since it seemed Fueko was fine with the cheating had it not been Meru, they probably could've had a satisfying polyamorous relationshi. Shrugs.

Meru - lust, gluttony, envy - Meru is proably the worst offender of the three when it comes to excess. It's physical and mental for her when it comes to gluttony, but her lust and envy for a thinner body, or riches like that of Maasa, or possibly the relationship between Asuna and Fueko makes her the ultimate "sinner."

Maasa - pride - and just like Sacchi, only one sin could really fit Maasa, and that's pride. She works hard, never seeking help from others, and while she may not come off as snobbish, she doesn't exactly go out of her way to conceal her riches either. Her pride in herself and her abilities, no matter how bad (i.e. her singing), seems to often lead to shower-less days and lengths of time not showing up at school. Problematic? If she wasn't rich, probably.

Alternatively, I do think my original connections could stand on their own as well.

Lust - Asuna - hyper sexuality
Gluttony - Fueko - need for sleep and simplicity
Greed - Remi - overconsumption of sex
Sloth - Sacchi - spiritually lazy
Wrath - Ruki - constant simmering irritation
Envy - Meru - envy of others (body, money, love)
Pride - Maasa - workaholic

TL;DR: these characters are amazing and the depth that's placed into them and can still be expanded on is outstanding. In a way, they balance, compliment, and fix one another, and I can see them constantly changing as the story goes on.

That was my piece - toodles!