Forum › Posts by LeapinVenetian

LeapinVenetian
Tumblr_static_tumblrshizuku2
joined Mar 18, 2014

This is a pretty enjoyable read, I have high hopes for this series.

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up, perhaps I've been playing too much Deception lately.

By Deception you mean the games you use traps to kill?

Yeah, I've only played the fourth game and a demo for the second so I can't speak for the rest of the series, but it's pretty fun. Fictional murder feels a lot tamer when you don't get a brief bio of the people then have to listen to them scream all the way to the grave.

I thought it was, IV is actually the fifth game in the serie, I played the fourth that is for ps2, Trapt, I had a look on 1 to 3 and they seen pretty fun too, they're for psx, if we go by their original names IV shouldn't have number, it should have been 5 if they didn't used Trapt instead of Deception 4, not sure if this would be irony and I would be grateful if someone could say if it is or not, but Trapt is the only one numbered in the original names but for some reason they decided to not call it Deception, if anyone is curious their original names are Kokumeikan (Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness), Kagero: Kokumeikan Shinsho (Kagero: Deception II), Soumatou (Deception III: Dark Delusion), Kagero II: Dark Illusion (Trapt), Kagero: Dark Side Princess (Deception IV: Blood Ties), IV also have a updated version , Kagero: Another Princess (Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess).

And now I want to play them, killing enemies is a lot more fun when you have some bio instead of some random person and need to use traps to kill them in cruel and unusual ways, it's nice to have them screaming in agony as they die instead of just falling dead like most games.

Well if you're into that sort of thing I'd say go for it. I skipped directly to Nightmare Princess because Kagero felt like it had potential, but was wonky as hell. It's fairly fun, it has character, and it's a pretty original and interesting idea, there's even a small dab of yuri in there if you pay attention.

LeapinVenetian
joined Mar 18, 2014

Apparently I'm the minority here because I actually don't think it's that screwed up, perhaps I've been playing too much Deception lately.

By Deception you mean the games you use traps to kill?

Yeah, I've only played the fourth game and a demo for the second so I can't speak for the rest of the series, but it's pretty fun. Fictional murder feels a lot tamer when you don't get a brief bio of the people then have to listen to them scream all the way to the grave.

LeapinVenetian
joined Mar 18, 2014

LeapinVenetian
joined Mar 18, 2014

Sakura Trick always leaves me happy, but this bonus chapter in particular was glorious.