Forum › Posts by separase

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Ooh, yay~ Glad Haru's entreatment worked. Tokaku was half-channeling Arnice (Nights of Azure) there. Looks like the ending would be a happy one but somehow I teared up painfully....

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Ya know, if that's how things would be then the title is even more vague. It's not the sea or the wind that is unrest. Something is up with the people on land. Can't be sure which 'calm' is this.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Yuri-ism received a request for this title before but they refused cause 'diaper fetish'. A miss for them, almost a loss for us readers. Thank you, yuri-ism.

Well obviously, as you can tell by the comments, the the title doesn't reflect the content, and everyone thought it was gonna be some fucked up kink. If they had to base their decision on something, oh i dunno, the title maybe, I think their decision is understandable. It's not like they'd purchase the doujin and check juuust to make sure that surprisingly, the focus wasn't on diapers at all.
It's likely that the one who suggested the title had a similar assumption on what the contents would be. That it happened to be a rather nice, not-diaper-focused doujin doesn't mean that it was a good call on the suggester's part.
If they suggested it "cause diaper fetish", and it was refused, "cause diaper fetish", and it turned out to be a good read and not about that fetish, well, it really isn't Yuriism fault, nor something you can applause the suggester for.

I know they say don't judge a book by its cover, but with a title like this, surely it isn't a stretch to say that it was very misleading.

Well obviously, many people who has been sending requests to yuri-ism do not know Japanese. You can't say for sure that person request the doujin because it has 'diaper fetish' (It's in the ' ' for clarity purpose only). They made the decision to request based on the few samples provided by the artists which do not involve diapers at all (except for the cover page). Yuri-ism has staff who can read Japanese so they usually can use that advantage to filter titles they don't want to work on. A miss like this for yuri-ism is nothing big. Scanlators can choose which project they want to work on. Who can blame them for that ? On the other hand, if yuri-review didn't pick this up, a loss to the reader is clearly a loss. Though if nobody pick it up in the first place, this close call won't be recognized as a close call either.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Yuri-ism received a request for this title before but they refused cause 'diaper fetish'. A miss for them, almost a loss for us readers. Thank you, yuri-ism.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

^ Thanks. And thanks to YuriReviews who worked on this first. Always good to re-read nekomura's works.

No, I understand if you need to keep the raws for yourself or risk someone tattletaling the author or various other reasons. I have to applaud your bravery though, taking on a doujin over 200 pages is suicidal to most people.

Thank you for your understanding. :D

A few chapters (or paths as we called it) in the anthology are in short story format instead of comic format too, something I haven't tried translating before, but we shall soldier on. * salutes *

bluetrode

Great work on this full chapter. I want to give you all a formal send off but it would make it sounds like you won't be coming back so I won't. So thank you, oh brave soldiers of the AkagixKaga army and my respect to your patron ships too. May their souls and spirits guide you.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Wait, isn't it impossible to find original raws of this anthology ? How did you have these?

the anthology was bought miraculously by second hand or at the last comiket. And then scanned :)

Then please miraculously present to us those original raws otherwise don't answer for other people the question not directed at you.
Edit: If you're one of the 'insiders' and by asking Gasiand Gaond I was asking you as well then my apology.

No worries. On second reading of my reply, it sounded like an unintentional smartarse reply. Didn't mean that.

We're currently halfway in scanning the anthology (it's over 200 pages o_o) but unfortunately we won't be releasing them raw. They'll also need to be cleaned up for readability (hah 'cause my scanner sucks) and that's done when typesetting.

Yes, it did sound like that so my reply was snappy. We're even then. No, I understand if you need to keep the raws for yourself or risk someone tattletaling the author or various other reasons. I have to applaud your bravery though, taking on a doujin over 200 pages is suicidal to most people.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

I'm confused ? Does Junyou resolve to never stop drinking to make Hibiki relax around her/keep getting irritated at her drinking habit?

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Wait, isn't it impossible to find original raws of this anthology ? How did you have these?

the anthology was bought miraculously by second hand or at the last comiket. And then scanned :)

Then please miraculously present to us those original raws otherwise don't answer for other people the question not directed at you.
Edit: If you're one of the 'insiders' and by asking Gasiand Gaond I was asking you as well then my apology.

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 11:02PM

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Wait, isn't it impossible to find original raws of this anthology ? How did you have these? Unless....
If Kaga can't tell if it's dream or reality then did she violate Akagi before their marriage too ? O_O

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 6:03PM

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Cute~

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Nice to see Yamashiro being in tranquil fury state for once instead of brooding when it comes to Shigure. Ohoho, Shigure's just a 'heater' to Unryuu BUT a 'bed warmer' for Yamashiro since she was being taken to the bed ? Whoo

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

^Are you talking about the "be a little more self conscious" line? I read it as a "be more aware of your actions" type of deal where she hurt Hiryuu's feelings by going with Akagi, but wasn't aware it would hurt Hiryuu's feelings in the first place. So something like "think about your actions because they might hurt others (me)"

No in the second panel, I don't count the 'Souryuu' and 'Eh'

I think it's similar to what Chikaon said. Prior to page 31, Souryuu didn't tell Hiryuu what Akagi talked to her about. Then before that, she chose to sit next to Kaga and not Hiryuu before getting pulled over. If I go with Souryuu's 'Are you jealous?' then Hiryuu was telling Souryuu to be mindful of her actions and not getting close to either of the 1st CarDiv. Since they don't know tomorrow who will go with who but for certain, it'll be only 'two people', Hiryuu ought to be boiling jealous inside still.

last edited at Jul 14, 2015 6:57AM

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Must you do this after this week's episode? T_T

There need to be this, especially after this week crushing episode.

There's still next episode. I rather have crushing all the way then something to comfort me than being tossed in the air only to get flatten on the ground.

last edited at Mar 19, 2015 1:25AM

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Must you do this after this week's episode? T_T

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Understandable and heartbreaking.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

It's your personal belief which shared by many but to the Japanese, every single thing possess a soul, even a stone. 'A land of eight million gods'. It's best to enjoy the book using their view point & religion - Shinto. The information provided the book state clearly that both the Fleet Girls and Abyssal Fleet have souls. The difference between them is Abyssal Fleet merged many souls with regret into a 'Ship Unit' while the Fleet Girl each represent the soul of the ship herself along with the crew. They regret because they remember, in time, the feeling itself is the most relevant but the memories are still there. Akagi 1 & 2 has parts of 'Akagi's soul', they aren't two vessels that share the same soul. Plus, if Wo-Akagi only has regret, she would finish off Kaga right there -> no memories -> see Kaga = enemy.

I still believe they share the same soul through, like the Akagi-Wo has a bit of soul from Akagi-1 plus her regret left. While Akagi-2 inherited most of Akagi-1 soul.The only difference is Akagi-Wo has Akagi-1 body. While Akagi-2 is a clone body.

It's a great philosophical question also so it's probably difficult to debate on it...

Like I wrote, please take into consideration the specific term 'Bunrei'. Had it been the book without any reference to Shinto or its term, then everyone's point is valid until the author elaborate it themselves. In a sense, your theory work because one soul sharing two bodies will weaken both -> Akagi the 2nd has no memories & skills, Akagi Wo-class can't return because she's no longer a 'Fleet Girl'. But in this case, the soul is already divided, it's mentioned in the book and is the important part of the plot, they're the 'same ship' but like two halves completely broken apart sustaining themselves and not having any link to each other. Second Akagi hasn't shown any deep feelings the like of Akagi Wo-class in this book yet. Kaga noticed both subtle & obvious difference in them, it's more than just 'the body'. The more the human in the book perform Bunrei, the more variety will show up between 'divided soul' of a ship because they're not unique ship anymore but mass product ship.
Now to find a way to merge their soul back together...

separase
Murcielago discussion 25 Sep 23:45
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

...that's another piece of Hinako's background unveiled.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

The fact that the previous Akagi (let's called Akagi 1) also was fighting recklessly may mean the current Kaga (Kaga 2) could be a clone of the one she knew (Kaga 1). But that's just a theory

I actually believe a soul is what made us human. And considering both Akagi (1 and 2, and the Wo) shared the same soul from the Akagi carrier ship. I will say that they are the same person. It's just that the Wo retains only regret, while Akagi 2 does not retain Akagi 1's memory

Good great through

Edit: Wow Akagi 1 was just like i do. Preparing a copy of all of my kanmusu just in worse case scenario

It's your personal belief which shared by many but to the Japanese, every single thing possess a soul, even a stone. 'A land of eight million gods'. It's best to enjoy the book using their view point & religion - Shinto. The information provided the book state clearly that both the Fleet Girls and Abyssal Fleet have souls. The difference between them is Abyssal Fleet merged many souls with regret into a 'Ship Unit' while the Fleet Girl each represent the soul of the ship herself along with the crew. They regret because they remember, in time, the feeling itself is the most relevant but the memories are still there. Akagi 1 & 2 has parts of 'Akagi's soul', they aren't two vessels that share the same soul. Plus, if Wo-Akagi only has regret, she would finish off Kaga right there -> no memories -> see Kaga = enemy.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Plot twist the current Kaga is a clone and Akagi the one who turned into the Wu-fighter knew about it but still kept it a secret, so before when Akagi told her to stay by her side fighting what she meant was the other Kaga that ady sank, that probably caused her regret in not telling Kaga what she knew.

Well it's just a wild Idea though... XD

Interesting, I thought of the possibility Kaga already another 'clone' but Akagi's regret . Then I look at the covers of the book, if it's to be trusted, Kaga doesn't have a reflection like Akagi -> Kaga is still the original. Something definitely suspicious about this -> She fought recklessly, told the Admiral to 'clone' her if anything happen -> She was either trying to commit suicide or bringing back someone on the Abyssal Fleet (My thought anyway).
As for the current Akagi, it's strange she know Kaga treated her ice cream before. If she's indeed a clone, she shouldn't have any memories. Her skills shouldn't be diminish either. Considered they were the proud 1st Div, returning to lv.1 might decrease damage dealt to the enemy, not crippling their abilities. She was sunk before Reppu went in service, Kaga know about them because Akagi taught her. Skills & abilities should stayed with the soul, and if perfect copy is made, both should be the same in those areas. Also, tried to google 'Bunrei', came up with 'dividing the soul so it can be enshrine somewhere else'. The ship girls personality as far as we see reflect their achievement, history & collective attitude of their crew. What if, the 'divide soul' process is imperfect and Akagi's soul is divided up -> most of her memories, her skills & feeling for Kaga + regret became Wo-class Akagi and everything remained go to the current body of hers? For example , 1000 souls of crew make up 1 big soul of Akagi -> perform Bunrei -> maybe break off 1 from 1000 to make 999 souls & 1 soul -> since they merged, 1 soul still is Akagi because their identity is not of an individual anymore but 'part of Akagi' but retain some minor characteristics cause crew consist of many different people -> perhaps the reason her taste different.
...I ranted, sorry but the religion in the book is Shinto, I don't think the author write & draw with the intention of using the book as metaphysical exploration of what makes us alive, and the concept of the soul.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

You guys are talking about the raw for this book, right? It's on exhentai you know. The original Japanese raw

No, we were talking about another long AkagixKaga doujinshi 71 pages (I think). I tried to google the name but it led to yamimbo, no Japanese raw.

What's with that ending? she committed suicide? o,O

She's still alive. Part 2 is coming. The bubbles....perhaps it's Wo-Akagi.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Kaga's not the one blushing like mad here XD

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

i want to see more of this

The artist was supposed to have Book 2 ready by C86, but she (or he?) couldn't finish it on time. But Book 2 is on the way and Team 11 'x' 2 will be doing it.

Are you certain that you will do it though? I noticed your team work with long Japanese raw and short Chinese raw. If you don't have the book and nobody upload it or in Chinese, can you still do it?

I can provide Ch->En translation, if you need it.

And this deserves a Small images. Much larger Ch version: http://www.acfun.tv/a/ac1010939#album=639,0,26,190

The book is readable but not as large as it should be. How about you provide Eng translation for this book since the team look like collectors -> possible go crazy if they say so ? http://www.yamibo.com/thread-206915-1-1.html

Aw, that shitty forum.
Anyway, I can if you insist, but only with TL scripts - I don't know much about typesetting. Need me to download the pages for you guys?

I'll take what I can. Not going to complain about that site since the pairing I'm interested in nearly the same as Akaga has virtually zero book to read, namely HaruKiri (thanks to adentoh) plus I'm illiterate in Chinese and intermediate level Japanese upward.

Can I guess you don't know how to obtain the original release package together with the cleaned cover page?

I waited for the images to load and saved them. Otherwise, try to click blindly. So yes, I don't know how to.

As I've predicted.
Well, wait for TL script & image package patiently, will ya? XDDDD

I said I can't read Chinese so there wasn't a need for prediction. What else can I do but wait....can't wave a club in front of the monitor and hope it magically pop up an English version immediately.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 12:48AM

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

The artist was supposed to have Book 2 ready by C86, but she (or he?) couldn't finish it on time. But Book 2 is on the way and Team 11 'x' 2 will be doing it.

Are you certain that you will do it though? I noticed your team work with long Japanese raw and short Chinese raw. If you don't have the book and nobody upload it or in Chinese, can you still do it?

And this deserves a Small images. Much larger Ch version: http://www.acfun.tv/a/ac1010939#album=639,0,26,190

The book is readable but not as large as it should be. How about you provide Eng translation for this book since the team look like collectors -> possible go crazy if they say so ? http://www.yamibo.com/thread-206915-1-1.html

Aw, that shitty forum.
Anyway, I can if you insist, but only with TL scripts - I don't know much about typesetting. Need me to download the pages for you guys?

I'll take what I can. Not going to complain about that site since the pairing I'm interested in nearly the same as Akaga has virtually zero book to read, namely HaruKiri (thanks to adentoh) plus I'm illiterate in Chinese and intermediate level Japanese upward.

Can I guess you don't know how to obtain the original release package together with the cleaned cover page?

I waited for the images to load and saved them. Otherwise, try to click blindly. So yes, I don't know how to.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Aw, that shitty forum.

separase
Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014