Forum › Posts by Zelpora

joined Dec 24, 2013

My statement was meant in an ironic way but you're still wrong.
First of all, melee isn't the only game you'll want to have no input lag at all with.

Okay? You wouldn't want lag for any game whatsoever.

Second of all, there are CRTs without any digital processing that can take up to 1080i so if you were that anal about not using LCDs, you could even get the latest gen consoles hooked up to such a CRT.

Why would you want carry heavy CRTs instead of a 1ms LCD? Lag on 1ms response time monitors are impossible to notice. No professional video game player ever complains about 1ms monitors unless they're cheap and crappy.

About 16:9, heck I even have a small 9 inch crt monitor that has a 16:9 button to readjust the image for such content.

Same answer as above.

About people using LCDs at fighting game tournaments, I'm not so sure. I've seen some stream recordings and a lot of discussions about the topics and at least in the last gen PS3/XBox 360 CRTs seem still have been widely used. Maybe for this gen it's different since not a whole lot of CRTs support that content but since I'm not really into fighting games whatsoever I won't argue about that.

I'm a part of the FGC in that I watch and enter tournaments and every fighting game uses a monitor apart from Melee, which uses a CRT. The reason they use a CRT is due to the fact that it would lag having to upscale the game on a monitor. Same reason they don't use 1080i CRTs, since the game would have to upscale, so even that CRT would cause the game to lag.

On the topic of it being noticeable or not, I'd say there's no definite way of saying that. Some people can sense that kind of stuff more than other people. In some tiny way this statement kind of reminds me of the old saying "your eyes can't see more than 30fps anyways". At the end of the day though, CRTs have pretty much no lag whatsoever, whereas an LCD, no matter how good it is, will have at least some.

The best monitors available that are used in tournaments do not have humanly noticeable lag. This isn't an issue in the FGC unless crappy monitors are used, which would be the TOs fault for picking a shitty brand or whatever, not an actually monitor problem.

For every modern fighting game, LCD > CRT. So no, i'm not wrong.

joined Dec 24, 2013

Goes on about input lag
Brings in just another laggy LCD
Too weak to heave a CRT over to her house

Absolutely disgusting

Kinda sad greentexting doesnt work here

They aren't playing Melee. Modern fighting games are natively 16:9. If you played them on a CRT then you would get lag from it outputting a different resolution, not to mention it would look compacted, messing up spacing. There are LCDs that only have 1ms of lag, which is impossible to notice. This is what all modern fighting game tourneys use.

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 2:51PM

Zelpora
Opapagoto discussion 06 Aug 18:46
joined Dec 24, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47

I can't get over that panel cut-off face. LOL