Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh, I found it cute too.

But I couldn't help thinking that the OL was a bit predatory toward a teen.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What kind of predator is that?

Imagine if it was an older male...

But by the yuri magic, it all becomes cute.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Trouserwitz posted:

I also love donuts; it's such a fleeting love, though. Where did you go, donut?

In Thailand?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's finished on other sites.

It ends with Kaede kissing Akina, because she's a yuri fan and "wants to experience it", even though she's doesn't really get it. And Akina accepts her otaku inner-self.

Not an ending ala Girl Friends, but a good (a tad rushed) ending nevertheless

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A public orgy of indirect kisses.

Young people these days...

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 2:48AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The manager was stern and harsh for a single mistake. It's proper management to avoid shaming someone in public for an error. And since she's a kid, it's obvious she's going to resign since she got the impression the manager didn't trust her at all anymore. Someone tried to share the responsibility, but the manager just piled up more pressure.

Ie, she's a bad manager.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol, that credit page.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I propose the creation of the BLF (Beastkins Liberation Front).

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

^ they do have a very high rate of unreported sex crimes, though. I don't know whether it's enough to turn those statistics completely around, but it's something (also make the "let's take pictures and she won't say anything" a bit more plausible).

What's "interesting" here is that apparently they targeted her specifically; basically by having people report spotting social media "stars" and where they are and then chasing them down? I wonder whether that's a real thing ...

I think "she" was supposed to be a lookalike of some idol (or other).

He states that he's wearing the same dress as whatshername and so people signaled her location on social media.

As for sex crimes, I suspect there are a lot more than actually reported (especially considering the asian culture of "shame"), but on the other hand, it seems there are less "petty" crimes. As in, you can leave your bike without a lock at the train station and you will find it in the evening. But maybe it's just a legend :)

last edited at Nov 13, 2018 8:52AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a dig at Hana Ni Arashi or what?

Especially the last sentence.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dynasty isn't a scanlator group anymore.

You should ask some group, like Yuri Project

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So many flags.

Shawn posted:

Satou is a horrible friend.

But a true yandere.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 12:41PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

EmilyJ posted:

the title of the manga got me interested as seeing "no genders" is always fun lol

Sorry to disappoint you, but in this case it doesn't mean "no". The title actually is (since again I see they didn't bother to tl it or at least I don't see it anywhere) "Silver Genders" or "Silver Colored Genders" (whatever the hell that means).

Silver (Gin 銀) is the main characters name.

Also their handle.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The back cover shows more of the cast and except the spiky haired girl appearing in the first chapter (which doesn't seem to have fake boobs) they are all ambiguously gendered.

I sense coming something in line with Bokura no Hentai, with a handful of characters each with their own sexual/gender/psychological issues, to educate the readers into the various flavors of LGBT+ people (after all, they are sitting on giant LGBT letters).

I'm not too optimistic. It may end up as a catalog, like Shimanami Tasogare.

Edit: Google yields that Tomono Hiro is a hentai author. He may me trying something more serious this time, but meh...

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 6:05AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't even know if we can speak of "slavery" in this context. They seem to be considered both pets and children, or something in between.

We see Marie ordering around the maids here and even her master, and it looks normal to them, but then, they don't seem to be seen as autonomous people. We see the police asking where the master is, as is normal in Japan when they see a wandering kid (but they ask for their guardian, not their "master").

On the other hand, the lack of adult beastkins is puzzling. It almost looks like beastkins are grown in vats and appear out of thin air. Because if they have parents, or there are adults of their race that can take care of them, this society is cruel. Parents are never mentioned. Young beastkins are just conditioned in their institution to wait for their future master.

I'm really under the impression that Itou Hachi is fleshing out her setting as it goes, and while ultimately she will try to make it coherent, its foundations are shaky and full of holes.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 6:09AM

Nya-chan
Yuru Yuri discussion 12 Nov 05:15
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Did we just get some actual yuri in this series?

Drunk yuri doesn't count.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It could go the Juukyuusai no Seifuku route and have the crossdresser be completely heterosexual.

But the introduction of the "handsome male friend", who gives an inferiority complex to the MC, points to some future confusion about sexuality and some game of seduction that's not going to end well.

Since the MC is a narcissist and enjoys attention, him ending up gay isn't totally out of the picture and probably in line with the usual way manga portrays crossdressers

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 5:53AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh God... I can't stand the characters of this manga. Out of the three, one is a bitch, one is dumb as a brick (and can't take a hint that he's NOT wanted) and the third is an angsty teen-.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 4:28PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Marie is still the best match for Mel.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Malibu posted:

Subbed! This one looks interesting, and I really like the art. I have a feeling the story is going to go down the transgender yaoi route, which isn’t my ideal genre, but could be an interesting emotional rolllercoaster. Let’s ride!

The only way to have transgender yaoi is for it to feature trans men. I'd like to invite you to read the description of the yuri tag right here on this website.

Does NOT matter what the setting is, just needs to have a relationship involving two women (including transgender women).

Well then... The trap community will be very pleased to know that DS thinks they’re not gay. That’s an interesting definition...

Since when do crossdressers have to be gay??

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yet another one.

Otokonokos are all the rage it seems.

All in all, I can't say I'm impressed by the way Japanese mangakas handle gender identity troubles.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 8:10AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

botmj posted:

Damn the MC is boring I wish she was more than just immune to Mimi’s cuteness and wants things to go back to normal

She not's necessarily boring. Just depressed because her roommate died without a corpse.

That she'd not be interested that much in "cuteness" for now is understandable.

Nya-chan
Their Story discussion 10 Nov 06:07
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What the hell.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The weirdest coming out ever.