Forum › Posts by halmoni

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Good job halmoni, FF then this, awesome stuffs make me want to spend money on. People get free stuffs so much they don't appreciate anymore. If I can donate to you somehow, I will definitely do. Keep it up grandma ;)

Thanks! Just gimme yo card digits and we good
jk no donations pls I'm not doing this for money

http://www.lezhin.com/comic/what_does_the_fox_say how do i sign up q-q

I posted directions on how to make an account on page 2 of this thread, and directions on how to verify your age on page 4.

Do i have to check this thread for updates or will you guys upload a page (like the credits page for ch 1) onto dynasty?
This thread is getting so much discussion I find it hard to know when there's an update.

And do you plan on doing overtooning as fast for this as for FF - i.e. roughs on Thursdays? Not holding you to it just curious, i understand it's community service :)

You can check this thread, you can check tumblr, and you can check Seiyuuri.

No, we're only gonna put out an announcement once the final product is done. There won't be any rough drafts released.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

oh ok, well lucky me I have Android phone. I'll probably get it there then, since it is easier. Thank you very much, Also is fluttering feelings also on lezhin or what.

FF is on comico, not lezhin. Comico has a different system for manhwa (the chapters are essentially "free", I suppose), which is why we're not as concerned about posting it to sites like Dynasty.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

If I may ask, So I buy the chapters (hopefully can use paypal), how can one read it in english? I am just wondering, sorry if I sound dumb.

We're using a program called "Overtoon" (or overlay, whatever you prefer), created by Doonge from Odd Squad Scanlations. This will allow us to put our edited, English translations over the original Korean chapter, so that when you click the chapter, you'll be able to read it in English directly on the Lezhin website itself. It's the same program we're using for FF as well, and the credits page for chapter 1 contains the link to anon's overlay guide. You'll need to buy the chapter in order to read it, regardless of whether it's in English or Korean. We'll try to keep readers updated when we finish each chapter. You can test it out with chapter 1 on the Lezhin site, since it's up and running.

For android, I believe it uses whatever card you've linked with Google Play to pay. So I don't think paypal is required. I don't know how it is on the iOS app though. Make sure to verify your age as well on Lezhin, since WDFS is a mature manhwa. But if you come across a problem, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Hey Halmoni, you're going to translate any other manhwa from Lezhin? They have more yuri? All manhwa cost 3 coins for chapter or each one have it's own price? How much cost to buy more than 21 coins?

Not as of right now. I only translated WDFS because many international fans expressed an interest in reading it. The cost for chapters depends on the manhwa and the author.

Coin packages:
61 coins for ~$9.00
131 coins for ~$18.00
271 coins for ~$36.12
501 coins for ~$63.27
721 coins for ~$90.44

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 6:33AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Am Korean so I'm not really good at English so I might have to use Google translate.excuse me if my English is bad. All I have to say is if you don't like the sample you've just read then dont buy the next chapter. Don't talk shit about it. It's not like lezhin is begging you to buy the next chapters. And don't talk shit about lezhin if you don't even know how this site works. Most of the manHwa and manga that are posted on this site is free(same system as comico) except the 19+ man hwa and Mangas. And guess what? Lezhin is one of the most popular webtoon site in korea cause ppl actually do pay for this 19+ manhwas/Mangas. And Manga/manhwa artist live for your free enjoyment? You must be kidding right? Or you must be really young who never earned money by yourself . Nothing is free. This artists, They don't live for your fu**ING free enjoyment. They are not wasting 4-5 hours drawing one page of manga for your FREE enjoyment ok?plz grow up..
that's all i have to say.and last thing. Plz don't post next chapters of wdfs here or anywhere cause it's not FREE. Lezhin and the artist of this manwha is already having hard time since this annoying Chinese translators translated all chapters of wdfs and other lezhin manwhas on their site without permission.

+1 for your name LOL. Don't worry, if you read the credits page, you'll know that we have no intentions of posting not free chapters ANYWHERE. We know it's not legal. We're using a program so that international fans can use Lezhin to buy the chapters, but also read it in English instead of Korean. Do you know if Lezhin plans on taking legal action against the Chinese sites that have WDFS chapters on it?

우리는 유료만화를 여기에 무료로 올릴 생각 하나도 없습니다. 해외 팬분들이 WDFS를 사고, 우리 영어로 번녁한 버전을 레진 사이트애서 읽을 위해 "오버레이"라고한 프로그램을 사용하고 있습니다. 물론 WDFS를 읽고싶으면, 직접 사야됩니다.

그러나 아직도 중국 사이트에 무료로 올리고 있습니다. 4chan (/u/)으로 가면 중국 링크도 다 있습니다. 이 경우엔 어떻게 하면 좋을까요?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Well, mangafox and mangahere are chinese, I don't think they'll care and will not take it down, but who knows, one way or other if you search you will find typeset of it, just give it some days, one week maybe.

My avatar is from Ratana, a one shot she's doing, here if you want the original image.

Damn it always sounds like you're promoting mangafox/here/fuck/etc. in every one of your posts. Seeing as how most people who actually buy the chapters want to support the authors, good luck finding someone who'll be your WDFS sugar mama and buy all of the chapters for you.

People like you make me wanna stop translating.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't think so. Yeah, yeah, probably Yu-ji will show up later on but I think the ponytail girl is not her. They don't look alike, plus the ponytail girl seems like she feels bad about the past, she seems guilty. I doubt Yu-ji cares about what she did to Seol-a. I mean, it would be a plot twist if she does.

Also Seol-a is clearly indifferent to the ponytail girl, I don't think Seol-a would act in that way with Yu-ji.

Anyway, next chapter they will talk about the past and stuff, so I think the ponytail girl will apologize about what they did (as I said before, I think she is one of the people we saw in the flashback of ch. 31 - http://i.imgur.com/97z0Q4o.jpg) or something like that.

I'm gonna bet my money on saying that the ponytail girl is Yu-ji. People change over time, and we do stupid things when we're young teenagers raging with hormones. I'd think that indifference would be a natural reaction towards someone who you had bad blood with in the past. What's done is done, but being angry won't change anything. I feel like Oh Seo-young or whoever was one of girls who bullied Seol-a, and was friends with Yu-ji. So Seol-a expected Yu-ji to come to the wedding, and that's why she didn't want to go (and of course she probably doesn't like Seo-young either).

According to the 2nd comment on comico, the user guessed that Yu-ji isn't Seol-a's first love, but rather the first real friend that she ever made. That's why her betrayal was such a huge shock for her. If Yu-ji was Seol-a's first love, then Seol-a wouldn't have been so slow on picking up the fact that she likes No-rae. The user also says that the car accident could have happened while Seol-a and Yu-ji were talking about her betrayal, which lead to Seol-a injuring her foot and never being able to dance again (which is a reference to all of those ballet flashbacks, I'm assuming). So they never resolved their problem, and Seol-a never knew the reason why Yu-ji betrayed her.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's all good! Thanks! My brother came for a visit so I borrowed his phone for a bit. Chapters unlocked! \o/
Yuri should be supported whenever possible!!
Thanks for working on the translations <33

welcome to the cool club my friend

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 7:02PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

A question: What are the points for? Creating an account gave 100, apparently, but how can they be used?

I haven't seen anything on Lezhin that uses points. So basically they're useless. The FAQ said something about special services or whatever using coins/points, but I haven't come across anything like that either.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Thanks to everyone that brought this preview to Dynasty, definitely caught my eye!
I'll definitely look into supporting the artist on lezhin, but just a quick question here. Can someone tell me some other Korean webcomics/manhwa that include or focus lesbians, besides Fluttering Feelings?

Lezhin has a small selection of yuri manhwa, but many Korean authors are not okay with the idea of us translating or posting the manhwa outside of Lezhin.

your argument has about as many holes as spongebob squarepants.

qurl you are on fiyah

So, what exactly is the point of this discussion? As soon as the overlay is ready, someone will typeset it eventually, and it will end up on mangafox, mangahere and well, everywhere, so why complain about have to pay for it, when it'll be avaliable for free later?

So, what's the point of anything ever? As soon as insert item that requires payment is created, someone is BOUND to make a free, good ol' pirated copy right? Why pay for anything ever in your life? Because Lezhin is ready to crack down on your pirating asses, that's why. This is the first time I've seen the actual publishing company reach out and say "Hey, you people out there better stop", rather than the authors. In case you don't know, Lezhin is partnered with CJ entertainment and has been supported by NCSoft in the past. They're some of Korea's biggest companies. If that's what you wanna mess with, that's up to you, but count me out.

I'm sure that if someone has the brain to actually pay for content legally, they're not going to go batshit crazy and start posting screenshots everywhere. If YOU paid for something, why give it to some anonymous, entitled children online for free? What do you owe them? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

But I still don't like the pay-to-view business model.

Life is a pay-to-do-anything business model. The real world sucks, doesn't it?

halmoni, is the app mandatory? Is there no way to get it through their site itself or through another means of payment? I have a windows phone and they don't have a windows phone app ;-; I'ma cry.
If the reply to this is somewhere in the thread, my bad.

Hmm I only see Android and iOS on the Lezhin site. But yes, the app is mandatory in order to add coins to your account. There is currently no way to pay on the PC version for international users. Maybe you can find a way to run android on your phone or something? Sorry, I suck with tech stuff.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 4:59PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Like others said, while I'm all for paying authors for their work, I need to know beforehand if it's worth it. I read Sasameki Koto online and immediately bought the 9 volumes in a language I could understand, because I loved it.

I'm not going to pay for a comic that may turn into something I dislike.

Then don't? lol. It's not rocket science. If you don't think it's going to be worth your money, don't pay for it. You do you, boo boo.

What do you think the Korean readers have to go through? Do they get free samples of every pay-to-view manhwa chapter before they buy it? Why do international readers get to be entitled to said free samples, in case they "don't like the work"?

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 5:37AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hello, Halmoni. I hope you still check this thread. I wanted to ask something in private, but I don't know how to contact you. Can you point me to somewhere I can talk to you? D: (also, sorry if this isn't related to this discussion, but what I'm gonna ask is somewhat related to this actually. LOL)

You can ask me a question on my tumblr (http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/), or shoot me a message on the FF facebook page.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

As an aside: I'd gladly pay for a solid manhwa like this, but I do need to know...how many chapters are there raw/translated? Or is it still ongoing?

If this becomes a $20 investment just for one manhwa...well I think it'd be worth it but I just wanna spend my money on other things, not to a middle-man distribution business.

P.S. - thank you for the in-depth showing on how to navigate Lezhin, whether or not you made it or just copypasta'd it.

WDFS is an ongoing manhwa. There are currently 15 chapters, and 14 are translated. We completed chapter 1, and we're checking chapters 2 and 3 right now. I've done the rough translations for chapters 1-14, and I'm working on 15 as I write this post lol. There are different packages for different amounts of coins (21 for $3.55, 61 for $9, etc.), so the more coins you buy at once, the less each chapter will cost in the long run (~$0.50 for the 21 coin deal is reduced to ~$0.44 for the 61 coin deal). If you don't think it's worth your money or you don't like how the system is set up, you don't have to buy/read it. I can't tell others how to spend their savings.

Hey halmoni, silly question, don't know if anyone already ask this either, so if I unlocked the raw chapters from Lezhin, when you guys translated a chapter, do i still need to spend 3 more coins for the translated version? My guess is no but just want to make sure. Thanks a bunch

Nope, you will not have to spend any more coins for chapters that you've unlocked. We're not trying to make any sort of profit from translating this. Once you unlock a chapter, you'll have access to it forever, along with the English translations.

But the character in the story is a heavy enough and regular enough drinker to be notorious for her overconsumption and drunken habits.

Sumin is actually not a heavy drinker. She has a low tolerance for alcohol, so she gets easily drunk from a small amount. Although she drinks frequently (or rather tries to), she usually feels too sick to drink too much. So she most likely has Asian glow/alcohol flush reaction/aldehyde dehydrogenase defects.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:26AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Btw, is it still gonna get updated here? Or do I have to go to the link? This wasn't rape, she was completely in control at the end.

Everything you need to know is on the credits page. Short answer, yes you will need to use the original Lezhin website to use the overlay method.

I didn't really get the whole guide thing. I have to have a phone that will install the Lehzin app? I can't just read/purchase on my browser? So confused. ><

I have an android phone, so I don't know if it's available for Apple products. You could check though, just by typing "Lezhin" in the search bar. You have to use the Lezhin app to add coins to your account, because the website version currently does not have any way for foreigners to pay. You can only use the mobile app because Google Play automatically links your card to your account, so that you can pay. However, you need to go to the actual PC version of the website to unlock the chapters, because 19 + mature manhwa are not included on the app.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Well I enjoyed the art and the promise of the yuri story to come...but I do have a question...is there a way to subscribe or (get notified) of when all ch/releases are done being translated, im asking cause well im 100% for supporting yuri since I enjoy it, id just rather have the whole works when I do purchase...let me know ^_^
So glad that some of the yuri market has recognized the need for eng translation ^_^

We'll post a notice here, and probably on our tumblr blogs as well (halmoniswag and dynasty-no-kyra).

Does lezhin work like comico? I mean does the new chapters available for free viewing for limited time?

Nope. Manhwa are either free or pay-to-view. It's completely different from comico's system.

As an aside, I wonder how much legal recourse lezhin has in sueing people outside of their country. Seems like it would cost them more than they would get out of the lawsuit.

True, but I for one am not excited to find out how far they'll go for their artists. If someone wants to try it out and see, be my guest. But don't say that they didn't warn you. I've seen Korean celebrities find and sue online anti-fans before. If you know about the Pirate Bay Trial, the founders of website were fined $3.5 million and put into jail for a year. Being online and behind a computer screen doesn't mean you're completely safe from the law.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I know some of you guys are so thirsty that you'll post links to anything, but let me remind everyone once again.

Chapter 1 is free. Chapters after that each cost 3 coins, and they are NOT free. We do NOT have legal permission to post images of pay-to-view WDFS chapters anywhere outside of Lezhin. I know that the Chinese scanlation team had to take down everything, but I don't know what's the situation with the Spanish scanlations (I provided the rough English translations for them). I don't want Dynasty to get into any trouble with Lezhin for this, so you can live life on the edge and make your own translations/typesets or whatever, but don't post them here.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

As for this chapter, lol blondie, why are you mentioning a woman's age like this. I thought everyone knew not to do this. I have a feeling our MC is a bit socially awkward, am I the only one to feel this? She kind of does her own thing and is sort of confused sometimes.

Yeah, in future chapters you'll see that Sungji's personality is a little bit awkward. In a way, it seems like she's detached from everything, but she's actually just shy/caring. She's super cute.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Wow... what a tease, so basically the ch.1 was posted here just to advertise that Lezhin site, speaking of scumbag move.
So yeah... no thanks for your offering, but ill pass ... tsssk.

Is Lezhin fucking paying me to do this? No. I'm translating WDFS because I think it's a lovely manhwa, people have asked me to do it, and I want to help the authors. But the process is complicated since it isn't free, and Lezhin is basically on the hunt for people who spread illegal copies. Do I care enough about random, entitled internet dweebs to put myself and others in danger of suffering legal repercussions? Sadly, the answer is a big, fat no.

I'm only posting chapter 1 here because it's free, and to notify those who have been interested in this series on how to read more chapters if they so wish to. You can take your basic bitch "pls only give me free manhwa bcuz fuck the author and fuck paying 50 cents per chapter lolzzzz" attitude elsewhere.

I mean, if you really can't afford that, then I wish you luck in the rest of your life endeavors because life's probably hard enough already for you.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 6:49PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Chapter 40 rough translation
http://pastebin.com/f00GctB1

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Does the overlay work on mobile browser? Shame it won't be released ere due to copyright action (boo lezhin).

Unfortunately, no. The mobile app doesn't include 19+ rated mature manhwa.

Lezhin is just doing what it can to protect artists' rights and their source of income. Unlike FF, WDFS is not a free manhwa after all.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm just gonna repeat what I said in the other WDtFS thread.

The rest of the English translated chapters will only be available through overlay. We're currently working to get a program set up for Lezhin's website. So yes, this means you will have to pay for the chapters in order to view them on Lezhin(only the first chapter is free), but it really isn't that expensive (~$3.55 for 21 coins, and each chapter costs 3 coins).

Here's the warning that Lezhin gave:
"The manhwa you are viewing is a pay-to-view manhwa under Lezhin Comic's services, and it is a creation under the protection of the Copyright Act.

Those who screenshot or illegally distribute pay-to-view manhwa without notice will be violating copyright laws, the Juvenile Protection Act, as well as the authors' ownership of the manhwa, and can receive legal sanctions which will include damage compensation charges."

Basically, if you're going to spread images of WDFS anywhere else besides Lezhin, there's a chance you'll have to deal with legal and monetary consequences.

Here are directions on how to make an account/buy chapters. When we finish doing the overlay, Kyra or I will post a guide on how to do that as well.

^Is there a way I could view the latest chapter for free?

So to answer your question, no not really. It's illegal to do so, and Lezhin is willing to take action against those who promote this behavior.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The rest of the English translated chapters will only be available through overlay. We're currently working to get a program set up for Lezhin's website. So yes, this means you will have to pay for the chapters in order to view them on Lezhin(only the first chapter is free), but it really isn't that expensive (~$3.55 for 21 coins, and each chapter costs 3 coins).

Here's the warning that Lezhin gave:
"The manhwa you are viewing is a pay-to-view manhwa under Lezhin Comic's services, and it is a creation under the protection of the Copyright Act.

Those who screenshot or illegally distribute pay-to-view manhwa without notice will be violating copyright laws, the Juvenile Protection Act, as well as the authors' ownership of the manhwa, and can receive legal sanctions which will include damage compensation charges."

Basically, if you're going to spread images of WDFS anywhere else besides Lezhin, there's a chance you'll have to deal with legal and monetary consequences.

Here are directions on how to make an account/buy chapters. When we finish doing the overlay, Kyra or I will post a guide on how to do that as well.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Despite the stoy being really good, all the behind the scenes stuff between translators, scanlators and manga agregator sites has really, REALLY killed my interest on the series.

Doesn't that apply to like...every scanlation ever?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

*No-rae and Seol-a randomly walking down the street*
*sudden burst of wind and thunder*
*futuristic car (stolen from Future Jin-woo of course) flies down from the sky and old lady comes out*
Seol-a: halmoni?!
halmoni: Seol-a! You gotta come back with me!
Seol-a: ... Where?
halmoni: Back to the f-- err... past. Quick! Get in the car!
Seol-a: No no no, we barely got together and the fans wants some hawt yuri actio--
halmoni: Bring her along! (And let me watch...) This concerns her too!
Seol-a: Wait a minute, something bad happens to us in the future? Are we going het?!
halmoni: No! It's your science babies!! Something's gotta be done about your science babies!!!
Seol-a: Wh-wh-wh-whaaa--

BACK TO THE FLUTTERS

hahaha, that's a good one, anon!
wait... what if halmoni is No-rae from the future!

That's top secret information yo

Pervy grandma always ready for some more SEOLRAE

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Edit:
@halmoni
Is "Eat your medicine" a slang thing, coz I remember way back in elementary (lol I feel old) it's always on our English test, with ___ your medicine question, and answer would be "take your medicine"

Yeah "take your medicine" was the phrase I was looking for. Sometimes when I translate, it's hard to think in two languages at once so colloquial/non-literal phrases can slip my mind. But that's why we have quality checkers lol.