Forum › Posts by Lyendith

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Woah. This is what I missed.. well. I don't mean the NSFW part. I meant like I missed the kissing part in the anime

Yes and… no.

greanne2

greanne3

greanne4

It might be in shadows, but if that's not a kiss I don't know what is. >.>

But yeah, that was good. I'm almost surprised there aren't more MF doujins…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Page 22 could only remind me of this X)

But damn this series is like a fluorescent rainbow made of sugar. It's dangerous.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, so far this is… run-of-the-mill to say the least, although the music element is a welcome touch. I like all the characters except Himari, which could be a problem, even if Yori alone more than compensates.

The art's definitely cute.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

After finishing the chapter, go back to the chapter’s title page where Hitomi is not only wearing the matching outfit while holding Mai’s hand; she’s also wearing a wedding ring . Actually, Mai does too on the volume’s cover page.

Oh yeah! Although the rings are on their right hands instead of left…

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sadly a completely realistic fear. Humans are shit.

Oh man… =__= The attackers were teenagers too. That goes to show you how important education and representation are when it comes to this stuff.

Lyendith
Girl Talk discussion 09 Jun 16:21
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Actually I had to extrapolate a little bit for the tweets since they were partly hidden, and I wonder if I didn't mistranslate that one…

tweets

*Motto sore ga "futsuu" ____i kankyou de sodateba yokatta na…"

It might actually be "Motto sore ga 'futsuu' ja nai kankyou de sodateba yokatta na…" ("I wish I hadn't grown up in an environment where it was so normal" − i.e. girl schools); if so I'd read it as Kotori wishing she had been more prepared for the hardships of being gay in a mostly het society, which would be a lot more depressing…

Although your interpretation might still be correct.

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 4:43PM

Lyendith
Girl Talk discussion 09 Jun 11:23
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That's the impression I got too… Not sure if that big blush near the end was from that realization or from alcohol…

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nothing to do with the stories (or maybe there it does), but I really enjoyed reading the postscripts. You can feel they're all just a bunch of friends who love hanging out and drawing together… it's kinda heartwarming. ^^ I almost want to play Mario Party with them.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So when will we see an acutal series by Kawauchi? TT.TT I really want to see more of him/her now. The only other works I found was a oneshot on this site and this (yes, it's hentai).

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 8:07AM

Lyendith
Girl Talk discussion 09 Jun 07:52
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That page 19 though… that idiot face is just so perfect. XD But yeah, when I first read this I kept confusing Yuki and Miho…

Still, going by the first story's epilogue, Yuki was already with her new girlfriend when the new era name was announced… and she hadn't yet broken up with Kotori at that point. >.>

^ Yeah, that.

I'm confused, who is the one at fault here? I mean, Yuki was cheating on Kotori, but she also said that Kotori was the one who always neglected her.

That's kinda how it works in real life I guess… the fault for a break-up rarely falls only on one party.

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 7:53AM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I think the phrasing was ambiguous enough that both interpretations are possible.

In vino veritas, as they say. :þ

And I find it a bit amusing that even when the protagonist is het (or is she?), Canno still refuses to acknowledge the existence of men in her manga. X)

Speaking of Canno, this gives me good hope that her next series (if there is ever one) will be adult-focused. I liked the end of AnoKiss just fine but it felt like she was going through the motions a little bit in the last few chapters, while her latest oneshots like the last Mushoku & JK or this one have an energetic feel in the art and dialogue that I missed. I just can't really imagine her going back to high school yuri now.

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 8:17AM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Everyone? Only Yashima in the first story says that, because she doesn't want to be single at 30.

But damn Kawauchi's story hit me in the feels.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 9:15PM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wonder if Sakano was just stealthily saying that she already saw Yashima as her girlfriend…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Cute. Not much to say, just… cute.

edit: Oh, this is an anthology! Now I'm curious. =]

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 6:09PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah, I doubt this series can work in anime, at least not without significant alterations.

On another note, I'm currently translating the one-shot (well, three-shot to be exact) I mentionned earlier.

It's light on actual yuri but an interesting read nonetheless.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sayaka's reaction is just so perfect. XD "Okay, you've won, but damn I don't like you. =.= You'd better not screw it up."

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's most likely a one-shot, unless they intend to create an HKY Cinematic Universe or something.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

To be fair, her one-shots have often been adult-focused lately, like the one with the witch or the Mushoku to JK series.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Canno just released her first post-AnoKiss manga with her circle Hyper Kettle Yesterday (Kawauchi and Nega have theirs too)… and I have no idea how I can get my hands on it. TTvTT

From the preview, the protag is a 30-year-old woman with a severe hangover.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

On the other good news front, volume 7 is n°23 in the Oricon ranking this week, with 30,804 copies sold. A pretty decent score, even by non-yuri standards. =]

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

While I loved ChihaIzu, it bothers me that their hook-up was only detailed in a Drama CD that only a few hardcore fans probably bothered to buy. But then again, it would have required several more chapters, and they already have the most focus chapters after the main couple… tough balance.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

No surprise, but it was beautifully done. TTvTT You can feel the weight flying off Yuu's chest in that splash page.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

You all know how it feels to follow D. Gray-Man now. :þ

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That's why Ursula LeGuin questioned Miyazaki's rendition of her Earthsea books.

To avoid confusion, let's clarify that that one was by Miyazaki Gorou, not Hayao.

Anyway, I… hadn't noticed the Jojo poses. Maybe that just means I'm not contaminated yet.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Man I love everything about this but this release schedule is sadistic…

I'm surprised no one comments at how Furuka snubbed that flirting guy. X) I also like how Furuka still has that fuzzy-bubbly expression since the day before…