Forum › Posts by mccann

mccann
Club discussion 13 Aug 13:38
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

From the first two chapters it was kind of obvious that a relationship between the two women wasn't going to happen. The interactions are too "realistic" - the blonde was irritable in a way that wasn't really fixable by really good sex. And the dark haired one wasn't romantic. They both decided that sex together would be fun, or at last more fun that what they were doing, but they wanted different things the next morning. The blonde wanted marriage and kids, the dark haired one wanted to see if they could have a romantic relationship. Their goals were just not compatible. That tends to be what comes of one-night stands more often than finding your soulmate.

mccann
Kase-san discussion 12 Aug 21:48
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

That last chapter. WHY DOES THIS REMAIN SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND UTTERLY HEART PUNCHING!?

I don't know. It makes me have the feels for the experience of new love (I've been married 7 years, but I still remember how big of an idiot I turned into when I first started dating my now-wife).

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

You know I remember stopping following this series when it was first coming out in English, it just didn't seem that interesting. Now I've taken the time to read it properly all the way to the end, I think I was better off thinking it was a harem Utena clone (harems are just something I'm not too into). :-/

mccann
Their Story discussion 30 Jul 12:36
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I don't know, this is one of few high-school stories I really appreciate. It's not like the stories where the characters have nothing going on in their lives outside of each other, and it's not like the characters are completely normal (how many of us didn't come off as complete weirdos to our crushes when we were in high school?).

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

My take is that it wouldn't have mattered if sensei was a boy or a girl, the relationship was doomed. Between middle school and college is not really a reasonable age gap. I think Miya wanted someone who was into middle school relationship stuff (hanging out with friends, showing off) and she realized sensei wanted more college-aged things (talk of love, serious relationships, etc).

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Why recently manga and doujin draw more of that 'position'? Is it good? Should I try it with my GF? @///@

They draw it because it's very visual, in the same way het sex is. The extreme pleasure effect is fictional though, as far as I know.

My suspicion is that it originated among otherwise straight authors doing girl-girl scenes without really knowing much about lesbian sex (how else would girls have sex?), and it spread from there. Now it's almost mandatory as a "finishing move" when it really isn't in real life.

I've heard rumors that some lesbian couples enjoy that position. There's little harm in trying new stuff in your relationship, as long as everyone signs off on it, worse comes to worse, you don't try it again because wasn't enjoyable.

mccann
Cinderella discussion 06 Jul 18:50
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

The only thing that bothered me was that it isn't that hard to walk while wearing glasses.

Yeah, that bothered me too.

I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did though.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

FYI- human albinos can have somewhat pink/red appearing eyes: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/albinism/basics/symptoms/con-20029935

mccann
Their Story discussion 02 Jul 17:10
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Sweat? She looks like she ran through a sudden monsoon.

You should see me after I run a couple miles. Soaked. :-(

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Every new piece of adult life yuri is like a breath of air as I drown in a sea of high school girls in S-class relationships.

exactly, adult yuri is the best

definitely

mccann
Lily Love discussion 07 Jun 19:33
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Poor Ice, she deserves better. :-(

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/RVbeN (noob) translation/editing by me, didn't know if Binbou Scanlations wanted to work on the sequel after this long.

That's awesome! Thanks :-)

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Wow, you really know the author is male, or a very small-breasted female with no female friends. I cringed during the running scenes, and during the sports vs underwire discussion.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

If I had to judge by manga alone, it'd say Japan has a rapist per 100 square feet.

100 rapists and 500 subway gropers. (I understand both are real problems, and that gropers are more common than rapists IRL, but they're to a point of a cliche in manga)

I don't see this story as horrible, but as kind of lazy and ... demeaning to rape victims... most of whom don't make other peoples' lives hell after being assaulted.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I hope we're able to get more of this someday :-)

mccann
Poolside discussion 09 Apr 11:56
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I was worried that their eyes were going to fall off their faces. Cute, if minimal, plot. Questionable anatomy.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

So, in Japan "murderous intents" means "overwhelming sweetness"? I normally don't like the school girl stuff very much, but this was cute. :-)

mccann
Lily Love discussion 22 Mar 18:41
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, how that wrapped up is pretty harmless and cute, it suits the story, even if it stretches credibility.

mccann
Pulse discussion 05 Mar 09:20
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

First let me say, I 100% support an artist making a living on their art (my wife is an artist). I have nothing against Ratana having her work on a pay site. That being said: I wish chapters like this (What Does the Fox Say Chapter 2 is in the same boat) - had a tag on them for "teaser chapter" or something like that. I know the first two chapters are free on another site, but I have no desire to sign up on another site and would like to know going into clicking on something that it isn't a real chapter on Dynasty Reader.

mccann
Teach Me discussion 02 Feb 07:45
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, at least it seems like it's a series that won't spend 20+ chapters with the main character trying to figure out how she feels about her love interest, which is a huge plus in my book.

mccann
Lily Love discussion 31 Jan 13:29
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Ugh! Go away stalker dude!

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I wonder why none of her newer works have been translated (https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2272). But I don't know enough Japanese to know if they're yuri or not.

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

As someone who had horrible allergies, this is adorable. Also, dear main character, get flonase!

mccann
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Yeah, this is married life. I'm totally the short-haired one though, work is crazy and I neglect my wife too much probably, but we have a nice place to live and a lot of pets. :-)

mccann
Lily Love discussion 09 Jan 09:51
American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm still really enjoying this series, and happy that it's moving along well. I love the linework especially (which is probably a weird thing to like, but it's really good).