Forum › Posts by Rankarana

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

What just got me a bit taken aback was when Nezu was featured eating cheese. The eng ver was somethong along the lines of "sex in my mouth". Now that's just a bit quirky even for me.

aaaah but that is the one line I did not change at all! In JP she literally talks about the 口の中でエッチな感じ or similar (the lewd feeling in my mouth) and 'sex in my mouth' is an actual english phrase to match it!?

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I've only been watching the anime after doing the related manga chapters, and in general the ~naughtier~ humour is, uh, partially a translation quirk. I'm a big fan of etic translation and functional equivalency, so I don't really like when a series that's full of bawdy humour is given a really stiff translation?

Thaaat being said, Inugami's got a pretty chatty, slangy style even in JP, and a lot of the characters use-- pretty [i]strong[/i] language compared to what you'd expect from a normal cute girls series? I mean, Inugami herself throws a ビッチ or two out in later chapters, and that's added to the whole thing that it's a bunch of highschoolers making sex jokes.

Also the anime does cut out some of the ruder gags - but I think that's more for time's sake than censorship's sake, for the most part? Though the general moe-ification of the anime probably struck there a bit too.

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 21 Jun 15:31
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm really hoping we get the reverse too and Emi taking Kei to the places she likes? That'd be nice.

also gotta have a chapter in nichoume yesplease

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 21 Jun 10:40
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Adult life! Count me in!
I do not know this scene but as the artist is a DJ, I'm interested by what gonna be said about it (and girls of course ;} ufufufu )

Artist: http://snobby-snob.tumblr.com/about

From reading the stuff there I think they're more an illustrator who works with a lot of DJs and stuff than an actual DJ (unless I missed something), but-- yeah either way that's pretty cool? Definitely an unusual and neat angle to be writing from.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

i think this doujin is actually about mtf trans Honoka tbqh

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 4:41AM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

okay don't trust me until I actually come out with the first chapter but Sexy Akiba Detectives is totally picking this up

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

NekoNezu is probably my favourite of the non-default ships
but yeah what I love about the series is that you get chapters like these, which are like headcanons for 'what if characters a and b hung out' but they're in the actual series??

where the NicoUmi doujins at tho?

well where ARE they
buff Umi from all those traditional sports getting frustrated and kabedonning Nico please
if there's any doujins vaguely close to this I /will/ TL 'em

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 6:11AM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

the best angsty kyousaya doujin that isn't genderswap-based

(no but legit that was super great and I'm happy someone got around to TLing it quickly)

Rankarana Uploader
June Brider discussion 04 Jun 23:38
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/bipypFN.jpg

just gonna frame this and put it on my wall tbqh

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

http://puu.sh/hT57D/ade56bf802.jpg

oldschool shoujo manga Aoi is just darling

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

this is possibly one of the greatest touhou doujins of all time

last edited at May 5, 2015 9:21PM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

amazing doujin for top 5 otp

literally the best thing, thank you based Codeyamada and Lazy Lily

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Many thank you CGRascals for another translation?

uh that seemed interesting, but... dammit rascal ughggh that was legitimately incomprehensible

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 6:05PM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Not really a fan of the concept, honestly.
Can you imagine a Male!Haruka having perverted fantasies about Yuu. Or a Male! Or a Male!Nozomi groping the girls of Muse. Or a Male!Hibiki sleeping with Miku.
I prefer not.

well Haruka is already an awful human being anyway and Nozomi's whole groping thing isn't actually any less creepy because she's a girl so I don't really think making them guys changes literally anything

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Hey guys you should upload the prequel too~~~

but still, pretty amused it got put up. Fun (weird) times! and I still love it etc

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I am SO WOUNDED that you didn't upload my NSFW Madoka het genderswap doujin let me send endless harassment to this forum and whine about it in every credits page I do from now on etc

actually though I'm kinda surprised I didn't get any insults from crack-kun on that? I feel almost neglected.

is that real, I'll upload that

yeah it is, http://sexyakibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/113614843455/nightmare-mermaid

imho Pekoe and drpepperfan made the right choice in not uploading it maybe kinda (though I won't lie, people's reactions to it being here would be amusing) but feel free to go for it~

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I am SO WOUNDED that you didn't upload my NSFW Madoka het genderswap doujin let me send endless harassment to this forum and whine about it in every credits page I do from now on etc

actually though I'm kinda surprised I didn't get any insults from crack-kun on that? I feel almost neglected.

Rankarana Uploader
Unfortunate News 17 Mar 10:22
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

wow I was just expecting like, straight H on the credits page or something

this is... something else.

Rankarana Uploader
Layers discussion 15 Mar 09:11
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

onions have layer

I am legit really happy that lots of people have noticed this too
"somebody once told me the world is going to roll me" - Parsee on her depression?!

Also big props to Dynasty for tagging Pokka as an author in there too! did my autistic tagging rants make you guys wary of when my TLs get uploaded orz

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Sexy Akiba Detectives, why you so fly?

we're the realest that's why

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I feel like the page of text had some significance. Too bad, I really wanted to read what happened to them to lead to the last page.

The last page isn't actually so much based off the story as it's just a flashforward to later stuff from the previous Atoki doujins. But yeah I'd like to TL it but it's effo' and the result never ends up particularly readable, so...

maybe I'll write my own yuuparu fanfics and put them in there instead-- I mean u-uhhh

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

V2 released with the short story actually translated and some minor TL things improved!

http://sexyakibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/109877561145/locked-room-in-the-snow-v2-now-with-short-story

Could the version here be updated to match?

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 9:47AM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Oh maaaan, more Atoki stuff!? That was a super adorable take on Reimu x Yukari, not normally something I ship too hard, but Atoki made it too real to deny. And those last pages, kyaa~ Super quality, and I'm always happy to see any Atoki in English.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

"I don't think there's too many people out there who'd take you as a wife". Try half the population of gensokyo.

Maybe they want her as a husband instead?

I forget if Chikage has done a m!Marisa.

Never! I think Chikage only draws her as a girl, partially 'cause Chikage's made a lot of merch based off her?

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

"Thank you ve[REDACTED]"

now I am curious.

The original is ありがとご(rya), which is literally "thank you ve[been said too many times before]"

It's basically just not something that exists in English netslang, so I chose something that's close enough and gets the point more or less across. and no I couldn't have just used (etc) or anything okay ;_;

a-anyway

Actually if any of the staff people are in this thread, could I be a little whiner and ask for Sexy Akiba Detective's website here to be changed to http://sexyakibadetectives.tumblr.com/ ? The blogspot is more or less dead.