Forum › Posts by Ackerman

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This is like one of the mangas that I liked Stretch. It is soooo informative. But I get hungry though ...

last edited at Nov 24, 2017 4:03AM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Wow! Like this...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I may not relate to it but imagining the culture... Heck!that's really tough esp. in japan...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Wow... I liked this.... even the ending. .. :)

Ackerman
Roundabout discussion 20 Nov 07:01
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017
  • Hehe... nice one! It was a little bit off-putting to forget, right? But taking the cue from bright and cheery amnesia, quite possible.
  • How the character developed unlikely in that direction is a turned off in some personal taste but still, it is there.
  • Oono usually gives up easily, so finding and appeasing Asami is a big step.
  • The cheating? I'm not sure about this. Oono has a honeyed-lips. So she can easily swooned girls. But to cheat is a different thing.
  • Whether it is before or now, the problem will still be there considering how popular Oono was. Can a highschooler really date 5 people at the same period of time in the same school? Damn... if that is the case, Oono is one heck of a talented player. On the other hand, if Asami chose to continue, she must learn how to trust.
Ackerman
Nutmeg discussion 20 Nov 05:33
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

From this author? Very promising! Thank you:)

Ackerman
Baba-yaga discussion 20 Nov 05:02
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017
Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Basing from 15Y+, the author needs to improve in her narrative tools especially on flashbacks as what Nezchan pointed out. I am not sure if the author tries to use ellipsis in here because it doesn't seem to fit the bill. But the art is distinct that I automatically remembered her other works.

Edit:
.... or maybe I have too much of Twilight Saga fandom... LOL

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 7:21PM

Ackerman
Otsu Hiyori discussion 19 Nov 10:44
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This... Simplicity is elegance. The writing, the art.. are simple. But the art captures you and the words pierced your heart with bittersweet pain but other times, put a smile on your lips a roaring laugh at your throat. Damn, it's very exhilarating!

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Casual declaration that something so horrible happened that she lost all memory of it - and neither of them seems to be bothered by that?!

I mean it is really concerning... especially considering how lighthearted everything usually is.

Although I feel like it's still going to be something sill and light hearted.

My bet is that she probably caught Mari "cheating" or in some kind of compromising situation, ran with the misunderstanding and suppressed her memories.

you know, that really makes sense

I agree on the compromising situation but it must be that Mari doesn't know that Arisa saw. And I'm more to bet about the marriage interview, build up insecurities by Mari's resolve not to out their relationship to mother, Mari's being a non-initiator on sex and being dense and Arisa's fear of losing Mari. If I may inject the social status between the two MIGHT brought the insecurities.

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 7:06PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I was thinking of "men" as the plural of "man" since the MC was surrounded by male employees. I was laughing so hard after reading the afterword. Damn, my "idiot" level in Japanese.... hahaha.... But seriously, that was a fine read...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I enjoyed this. Thanks for the suggestion, Serenata.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I will take a different route. The ending you know?... bubble gives off a lot of possibilities.

1. the husband may not be clueless. He knows what is Seri-chan to Ryouko. Thus, he was intrigued and very curious. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. Ryouko plan to move back and bought a house hoping to be with Seri-chan. So, the park meeting was intentional not coincidental. Confirming that Seri-chan felt the same, she resolved to transfer.
  3. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  4. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

These are all possibilities inspired by real life journey of a Chinese woman who is in a same-sex relationship. She helped young Chinese generations because of non-acceptance of same-sex relationships. The article was part of a documentation on LGBTQ.

I like this take on it. While the younger generation is slowly changing things, I've met quite a few women (and men) who are in this sort of situation / relationship. One should also not forget that some women marry to be able to have children, even if they are not really interested in men. Even in more tolerant societies, it can be very difficult indeed for women to find donors if they are not married (+ doctors who will help in these cases -- not everyone is a big fan of turkey basters).

That being said, I have also met young women who were in relationships with older married women with children. This included one case in Japan that was pretty darn dark, with the older woman basically outright abusing the younger one, both physically as well as mentally (wealthy married woman meets rather young adult who ran away from home...).

To jtt, yes, it is a harsh reality. It is sad that, it is society that drives people to clandestine life to avoid the biases and cruelness of unfounded judgment.

To others, the possibilities I mentioned are based primarily to "consistency and inconsistencies".

1. The husband remarks on staying, may it be a banter/joke, is inconsistent to the word "business trip". Business trips are made because there are transactions that can't be done in the office. It takes extra time and effort to make one. Schedules, tickets, deadlines and meetings with the other business party or employees of the other branch. That said, it is illogical to postpone it. If one can go back to the one page, you may notice as well the tie of the husband. If I am the wife, I will fix it for him or even tell him to fix it before leaving the house. Business trips must build impression. You are not only representing yourself but the company also. So, by this impression, I justify it that Ryouko doesn't bother herself to take care of the husband's needs and more, the husband doesn't mind. He is just as jolly and interested to know Seri-chan. Why? That for me is "inconsistency of behavior".
  2. If one will go back to pages on the park scenes, the questions/statements are directed to solicit personal answers from Seri-chan. Short but effective choice of words. Buying a house in that neighborhood. Why? It doesn't show a lot of friends and memories except with Seri-chan. So, why buy a house that entails business trips? Would it be logical to ask the company for transfer to the place where he does business trips and even buy a house there? If it was only a one-time/few business trips, why buy the house there? Your answers at this point are also pure speculations that has no substantive evidences as well from the few pages of the manga. But for me, buying the house in that particular is inconsistent to the husband's work and no details was provided on Ryouko's work.
  3. So, to be consistent to the inconsistencies, I provide scenarios that would explain things. Like, the business marriage. I could have point out that the husband is not gay since stereotyped businessgays are always neat. But, if this is the case, why the business trip(as explained in #1 that the business trip is questionable)? He could just stay in the house. So, I was thinking there is more.
  4. So, if you put these scenarios would it explain why Ryouko and Seri-chan can do it during the business trip of the husband? Seri-chan knows what is going on. That is why she willingly come into terms by spending time in the house of Ryouko. The convenience of having a husband and a house to avoid the judgmental eyes of society.

Edit:My speculations/inferences will change if there is more to base from. And that is the beauty of us all, we think differently. Just like the recommended manga I read yesterday by Yuri Guy in the New Readers forum, Qualia, the protagonist Yukari thinks differently. Rather shunning it off, think of the endless possibilities.

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 8:39PM

Ackerman
Stretch discussion 17 Nov 10:43
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This is different from all the stories I've read. I like the creativity on how the physical fitness blended with the narrative. Quite informative and useful for an obese person like me. LOL.. Seriously though, the ending is promising but unsatisfying. It lacks engagement from the readers. It is almost like detached. I don't mind the slow pace because in return, I was entertsined by the crisp storytelling and light humor.

Edit: Thanks to Nevri for the suggestion. I hope I can find another works like this. :)

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 8:50PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion, Yuri Guy . It was a very good read. Keep writing, authors! :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I will take a different route. The ending you know?... bubble gives off a lot of possibilities.

1. the husband may not be clueless. He knows what is Seri-chan to Ryouko. Thus, he was intrigued and very curious. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. Ryouko plan to move back and bought a house hoping to be with Seri-chan. So, the park meeting was intentional not coincidental. Confirming that Seri-chan felt the same, she resolved to transfer.
  3. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  4. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

These are all possibilities inspired by real life journey of a Chinese woman who is in a same-sex relationship. She helped young Chinese generations because of non-acceptance of same-sex relationships. The article was part of a documentation on LGBTQ.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Okay that does look pretty far-fetched, but I like the idea of him realising it before Kaoru, because that would make less of an asshole to cheat on her : he also needs to be with somebody that really loves him or somebody that he loves. The big problem, except the fact that this is only pure speculation, is that we don't know what happened with Uta and Reiichi's parents and it's pretty obvious it has a big role to play in the story.

I don't mind far-fetched ideas nor speculations. I think that is the backbone of any forum, right? To convene - to learn from, to share to. :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Just finished reading from chap1 and the way I understand it,

1. Kaoru was not totally romantically in love with Reiichi. When it was in highschool and the how and why Kaoru pursue Reiichi are still unknown to me. I was thinking it has something to do with the parents' relationship to which the focal point of the misunderstanding and the sad memories that comes after was Kaoru. Your guess might be mine as well. :)
  2. Reiichi is very observant as a person. He knew the "closeness" between Kaoru and Uta to which this maybe a possible reason why he is emotionally detached and turned down Kaoru several times. You see the different expression when he is alone with Kaoru when the latter showed expressions of concern, attention and jealousy. But this is only short-lived because Uta always comes in between, physically or not.
  3. Unknown to Uta, she was Kaoru's security and comfort. A panel in this latest chapter showed a high school Kaoru eating alone with a picture across. That is a classic sign of depression. In chap 1, a panel showed the past on how happy both were while Reiichi was looking and a similar incident happened when both were going home after the job interview. The point is: Uta is to young to know what romantic love is, Kaoru was old enough to know it couldn't be and Reiichi to know that he has no place between these two.
  4. The awkwardness between Reiichi and Kaoru is for me not acceptable as spouses. I was asking why. And the answers for me are #1,2,3. Then why did Reiichi marry Kaoru? Your guess might be mine as well. :)
  5. The fall might not be as bad as we think if i based it from Ritsuko and Reiichi's reactions. I saw the distance between Kaoru and the two. There was no point that Kaoru stop following and thinking. Thus, the slip. Why was she affected for what she saw? I believe it was like a deja vu for her - a sad past, a painful memory.
  6. Ritsuko is not a surprise or degenerating element in the story. Actually, her presence brings consistency to the fluidity of the story.
  7. For the cheating, it is not conclusive. Noticeable is the neatly combed hair...might be a possible reason for the breakup before... hahaha... if looks could kill.. I mean, Ritsuko being ambitious and career-driven.
Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

That was a good read...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

A good description of Mochiverse: Yuri runs in the blood.

Hahaha.... Almost finished reading all her works, I seemed to agree. :)

Ackerman
Tamayomi discussion 11 Nov 06:28
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Well, this author does yuri in his doujins, but in a serialization, I'm not sure he will.

I think it will be a welcome change if he did. :)

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Loving every page from A Love Smeared In Ashes to here!

Ackerman
Tamayomi discussion 09 Nov 06:59
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Damn, that was good! I like the art. It transported me to the field. Dang! She can really throw the curve ball! Just rich, raw passion for the sports. I was laughing because I liked the uniform, so dainty. I mentally take note to mention it and Yomi just said it in p. 10. Lol.. Anyway, just like what Yoshino said, "I will be watching their stories." :)

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Reading the table of content and the first chap, I think this is good. The chapter titles speak for itself hopefully. The two MCs are actually opposites. The delinquent is callous from the outside but empathetic while Hana is refined from the outside but apathetic. Let us see how one learns from the other...

last edited at Nov 9, 2017 6:16AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Can relate with the title especially if reading favorite authors. Spirited Away- one heck of a good movie. Hayao Miyazaki forever! As for this story, it is worth reading. It has a nice feel into it.