Forum › Posts by Rankarana

Rankarana Uploader
Watch Me discussion 03 Jun 00:20
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

The Atoki Byakuren X Shou one is honestly more of an ot3, imho?

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

One of the pages was a bit badly cropped and has some orange outlines. My bad!

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

g o o d

einherjar has been the best event unit since LiPPS, this is so wild

New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

i--

i don't think anyone else uses that

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

i dunno if the translation really conveyed it but Sachiko considers them gfs and Syoko doesn't? I think it's a pretty cool take on their characters, fwbs who actually lowkey (highkey) love each other for real is

really good

New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

These two supposed to be sister ships through. So maybe pseudo incest?

eeeh by that merit, almost every kancolle pairing is pseudo-incest -- unless the artist makes a purposeful reference to it being incesty, it doesn't really count.

New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm reading this at a school, it's okay??

theres a LOT of tity

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

this is absolutely terrible

i eagerly await the next chapter

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

im always ready for Cool Byaku Content

this was really neat though!

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

--you realise the entirety of scanlation is based off people using their opinions to infer translations, right

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

It was 200 yen for me, IIRC?! but maybe just because I bought this on its own rather than with the proper LL doujins the artist was selling.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I appreciate this release, but to be honest, I was taken right out of the story by the gratuitous profanity Chris is spouting on pretty much every page. As someone who's done localization myself, I'm always put off by this.
[...]

look out though because it's actual satanist Yukine Chris
fighting for your life with Yukine Chris

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Inugami: “If I pull that [bra] off, will you come?”
Ushiwaka: “It would be extremely pleasurable…”
Inugami: “You’re a big girl.”
Ushiwaka: “…for you.”

well done
you made my tl choice 1000% worth it thank you

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

this is adorable. i miss older autobiographical LGBT manga like Happy Picture Diary and Rica'tte Kanji, and this has the same kind of vibe?? it's a lovely read.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Honestly one of the most fun things about TLing all these different YuuParu doujins is artists tend to have a very wide interpretation of both (esp Yuugi's) characters? Like, even down to the voice - Atoki's Yuugi is a cool-headed, relaxed, caring older girl with the tone to match, while Hazuki depicts her as more of a cool hardass when she speaks. Atoki's obviously the queen of YuuParu /content/, but honestly stuff like this kind of fits my personal headcanons more?

Either way, look forwards to more!

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

This was great writing. I'm guessing the translators took a few liberties, but I feel like it was way more realistic than the default "doujin dialogue".

Honestly, there aren't that many liberties! Bocha is a super great writer who does very believable characters and dialogue to begin with. It's really refreshing to TL!

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

tbf i think people take the Taki thing way out of proportion? like Reina is the chuuniest ever, of course she treats a crush that she's going to grow out of now she has a proper gf as a Big Deal? plus taki is a grown-ass man who clearly does not like children so

also Taki is the cutest so I understand crushing on him etc

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 24 Oct 22:29
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Why though, it was such a unique name for a scanlator group xD

We'll still be Sexy Akiba Detectives in scanlations! Just not in the actual blog title any more.

Seems many people came there thinking they would find hentai. ^^;

it's actually because of irl friends looking at me weirdly whenever they asked for my tumblr orz

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 10:30PM

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 06 Oct 02:42
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

We TL'd the entire first volume, so if you liked that please do at least buy vol 1!

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 27 Sep 01:33
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

(also everyone should support the official Japanese release, too!!!)

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 27 Sep 01:33
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

The request was made by the Japanese publisher, which owns Viz Media. There has been no suggestion of an official translation - the request was made by the Japanese, for the Japanese.

Edit: Though this obviously does not mean such a thing isn't possible or already in-the-works.

Does Shougakukan normally send out C&D's for english scanlations? Seems kinda weird...

It is a bit weird, but-- I guess like, 95% of content on Dynasty is either doujinshi or owned by Ichijinsha, who're probably too small and have no Western arm so it doesn't really matter? Shougakukan are the Big Boys, but-- yeah, Other Sites haven't, afaik, received the takedown order.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

It ended a little too suddenly - and the namesake never came up! - but it WAS pretty cute. Liked it, hope to see more from the artist.

Rankarana Uploader
After Hours discussion 26 Aug 17:54
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Also, oh noes, incoming two-month wait?

Is this up-to-date tho?
As in, how long ago was this originally released?

The two month wait is already over; chapter 4 and 5 are already out and 6 releases next month, afaik.

last edited at Aug 26, 2015 5:54PM

Rankarana Uploader
TeruMoko discussion 26 Jul 23:29
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm happy one of my favourite artists is a Terumoko shipper, this was gorgeously drawn and p fun.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I didn't know Tima put their doujins up on booth! Thanks for the heads-up, NHFH~ rinmaki goodness purchased.

also everyone crying about this doesn't deserve their TLs btw. I purchased the wrong issue of Hibana yesterday without any After Hours in it and you don't see me crying! buy the original doujin and read it in JP imho