Forum › Posts by Yuri-chin

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 11 Sep 18:04
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Did... did they really just decide to get to it right after making their relationship a romantic one? Gee, they moved faster in one chepter than in all the previous 14 combined!

It seems pretty realistic to me in lesbian dating terms

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 11 Sep 18:01
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

AYY a really nice update

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So is this worth picking up again or are they still just good friends?

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Finally an update! And there was some progress holy shit!

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I'm loving the super gal pals aura this is giving off

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 19 Aug 22:08
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This is still my favorite on-going manga. It's just too good

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 16 Aug 22:21
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Oh yeah. They're gonna kiss next chapter 3

Yuri-chin
First Kiss discussion 07 Aug 13:03
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Why did this transport me 15 years back in time?

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Really love this story but the snail's pace gets on my nerves sometimes

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 05 Aug 18:55
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

can't wait, the raws look so good. but my japanese is not enough to even get the gist and this is one of the manga where the text definitely makes it even better.

I read the original manga that the author has published on his/her Pixiv which follows the exact same storyline except with a few things added in here and there. The main thing I notice is that this version is waaaaaaay more dramatic and angsty, Maekawa is a lot more complex in this version. Of course the art has also improved a lot.

Anyway I've read ahead and what's about to come looks pretty good. If the author goes at the same pace as the original one, this manga will be over in around 5 more chapters

Also..... I was right about Maekawa being in denial about liking another woman hehe

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 6:56PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Hmm I like the art in this one but I do prefer me some adult romance after all.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So i haven't kept up with this in months. Has there been any progress or are we still on the gal pals route?

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Its love godammit

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This is giving me Kase-san vibes

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 31 Jul 19:07
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Uhu this manga is so good

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 31 Jul 11:32
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Glad I waited to read all 13 chapters at once.

Can't imagine enduring the pain you people did reading this slow burn.

Loved it :)

I did the exact same thing. I read chapter 1 and 2 as it came out and I immediately knew I would love this so I waited for around 7 months to pick it up again. It was completely worth it

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 31 Jul 05:01
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I agree with the above of you that Maekawa has never shown any qualms over girl on girl love. However, it has taken several small details to find out that 1) she has never experienced this herself and 2) she never thought of herself in that way.
Going back to the beginning when she said that she had never come into touch with yuri (shame!!) You cannot be a gay 20-something y/o mangaka and never have been interested in yuri. Or never heard of it before, which is the case with Maekawa. On top of that, this is followed by her curiosity in Shimizu's sexuality, somehow she DID do research on Shimizu's love life as she was aware that she dated Kimoguchi (did I spell that right). This fact leaves her feeling extremely confused and with reason too, from the very beginning she assumed that Shimizu is gay. However, she never once questioned herself. She never once thought of :"but maybe she should be bi? Like myself?" No, the entire concept of bisexuality clearly does not exist in her dictionary. Maekawa has a very dark-white view of the world. It's either succeed or fail. Have a flawless relationship or break it all up in an instant. Be heterosexual or be gay. There is never an in-between for her. And even though she doesn't struggle with being maybe a but gay, what she DOES struggle with is that it is happening to HER, to her who supposedly did fall for guys before, had sex with them and did enjoy having sex with them .

TL;DR: Maekawa doesn't realize that she could be bi

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 5:03AM

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 30 Jul 21:45
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

But we got some progress here. Maekawa admits that she might like Shimizu!!

Will have been better if it was shown in her actions.

Patience my friend. She first has to accept that she's as big a gay as Shimizu is. I get the feeling partly of the reason she's breaking down is because she's having a gay outing as well as feeling the feelings that she's feeling towards another person for the very first time

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 30 Jul 21:34
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

But we got some progress here. Maekawa admits that she might like Shimizu!!

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 30 Jul 21:33
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Man this girl sure is tsundere

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 30 Jul 20:47
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

When Maekawa flirts, Shimizu is very guarded now...
It's not only jealousy why she snapped. She is trying, not getting response.
Seeing Shimizu with new employer was only a last drop.
I just think she is not quite aware what exactly she feels, but she reacts anyway.

I see people would like the sweetest kiss coming with realization of her feelings. I expect something very passionate, in this case. Passionate kisses and hot sex, it means.
Maekawa is smoking hot, too much for romantic feelings only...

I guess I'm just a romantic and seeing as Maekawa seems to think that dating really is just about offering her body to the other person I think that a sweet but also passionate kiss for starters would show her that, yes, real love does not require hot passionate sex as a means to be expressed. Real love and feeling it can be expressed in the most simple of things like Shimizu's face beaming up whenever she spots Maekawa. Or Maekawa smiling warmly at Shimizu's retreating back. That's real romance right there. More than just exotic touches. The sweetness of those moments has more value to me than graphic sex

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 30 Jul 19:24
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I was so late to catch up on this manga but holy GAY! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST I'VE READ BY FAR.

Maekawa is one of the most complex yuri manga character I have encountered up until this point. And I'm still not done being completely fascinated by this character. The cynicism, the darkness, the somewhat abusive behavior... all a product of her broken childhood. That band with the father that abandoned her. What such a thing can do to a person... and then theres Shimizu who is all of us lol.

And then theres how this one just clicks so well with one of my favorite tropes where the cold-hesrted character slowly starts to melt when in a continued relationship with the character that tries so hard to get through to them. This story is amazing. This couple is great.

And another thing. I do think Maekawa realizes that she 'wants' Shimizu. However I think she doesnt realize to what extent and why since I suppose she has never felt that feeling of being in love ever before in her life. On top of that she has no idea how to accept that Shimizu genuinely loves and cares about her which is why it's so hard for her to let her in.
I think that with the jealousy subplot some dams will finally start breaking and it will lead to a full realization of romantic feelings and the acceptance of this plus a reconciliation and hopefully the sweetest kiss imaginable

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I guess this was dropped then

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So sad that this one is no longer updating

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I've never read a Yaoi before (if this even counts as one) but so far it looks very cute