Forum › Posts by Goggled Anon

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As for this chapter, that mascot reminds me of a certain blue badger...

The main reference in this case is Tokyo's police mascot Pipo-kun (which is likely where Blue Badger gets its influence from too.)

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 8:00AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Agreed, not to mention the other half of the jokes this chapter were poop jokes.

I mean, they were talking to a bunch of literal kids.

Anyhoo, this chapter brings us up to date with the RAWs.

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 8:48PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Technically a suicide attempt is not a crime, at least in Japan. It's more like a medical emergency.

Depending on where you attempt it, they could label it as obstruction of business.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Things are getting intense for the last? volume...fight on, girls!

https://twitter.com/harvest848/status/1563135550806077442

Going by this and my browser translate-fu it's not the last volume

For clarification, this chapter is the start of vol3, vol4 was recently released and the series is still ongoing as far as I know.

last edited at Nov 26, 2022 9:18AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

In case anyone didn't notice, I was finally able to settle on a consistent phrasing for that one part of the legend that finally gets revealed here (ie. keeper of beasts/formally "beast and its watchman"), and chapters 9 and 10 have been updated to reflect this. (Refresh your cache if you're still getting the old versions). It was just one of those annoyingly vague phrases that just couldn't be translated into English well without knowing the full mystery and all the ways it could be misinterpreted.

edit: Also the typesetter says they'll be skipping the chapter preview pages included with extras going forward since they're getting a bit redundant.

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 11:46AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Teetee

Goggled Anon
Inko-sensei discussion 13 Nov 17:29
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So yeah, it's just this chapter for now with no real explanation from Tatsubon other than "if this is well-received, I'll draw more of it", so no idea if it's a sequel or a spin-off or even the same universe as of yet.

Goggled Anon
Liberta discussion 10 Nov 18:06
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For a little added lore, the character at the end, Judas, comes from a 2018 Tatsubon work called NEET Blood.
https://twitter.com/TATSUBONi/status/1074404386791514112

I've typed up a translation out of curiosity, but I don't have time to typeset it myself and there's no way anyone on /u/ is gonna want to touch it, so anyone who wants to typeset it as a non-/u/ scanlations thing, be my guest. (tl;dr It's het, but the guy has his own squeeze (assuming it's canon to the Liberta storyline) and those who enjoy Tatsubon for the gory action won't be disappointed.)
https://pastebin.com/jsCB6UTN

Bringing this back to commemorate Miko's addition to the cast.

Goggled Anon
Liberta discussion 06 Nov 11:30
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

But dear translators, what's with the random Koharu? ;)

Thx for the catch. Fixed on MD, submitted to Dynasty.

Goggled Anon
VAMPEERZ discussion 25 Oct 23:50
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It's actually a love triangle, damn. It was so obvious she was gonna be her ex I was hoping they wouldn't do that.

Aria already told you. She's not her ex. She's her yaya.

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 11:50PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014
Ippeigyoubu-1584099323314176004-img1

Is this one of those Water Fun Games they used to give away in Sonic the Comic?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Only sometime would design a character with a DiEnd gun that shoots out Yu-Gi-Oh monsters as an excuse to draw mechs that transform into motorbikes in an isekai series. Also the girl's name is freakin' Seto.

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 11:58AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don't get the reference in the central panel on this page. Can anyone help me out?

The bottom one is Doppo Orochi from Baki the Grappler.
The top one mixes Parasyte with a quote from Ro-kyu-bu.
(Not entirely sure about guy on left)

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hey, hey, I just wanna ask coz I'm lazy to read this. I'm probably gonna binge read this after it's finished. So what about Yori? Does she know that Aki is inlove with her and does Aki know that Yori is in a relationship with Hima? Because I saw a part in the latest chapter about how Aki told Hima that she's in love with Yori.

Well, I do recommend you read it, but if you really want a quick summation Aki told Hima that she is in love with Yori at the end of vol 2 in a "if you won't take her, I will" kinda ultimatum. Yori does not yet know of Aki's feelings for her.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

AUTHOR DIDN'T WRITE AFTERWARDS NYOOOOO

The next chapter's one will make up for it.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This chapter added some subtle context to these pages. Namely how extra hard Aki criticising Shiho's singing hits Shiho when it's another singer she's crushing on.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 5:22PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hey Goggled Anon, did you translate the mini chapter with colour of Noko and Ikko?

It has indeed been translated and typeset. I think CDF just forgot to include it when they submitted the other chapters.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I constantly forget Chika even existed. She had such few chapters before disappearing to the background.

ps. Corrections for this chapter over on /u/

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How many chapters does this manga has? I always wanted to see the 3some between ryou and the twin sisters :D lul

Latest chapter just released this month is ch30 (No Ryou x Twins chapter yet, although they do adorn the cover of volume 2).

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Wait, can someone explain me what happened to chapter 4? I see all the others are available online (japanese). Was it taken down? Why?

It was removed because the period to read it free ended (tho currently there is nowhere to find it, since there is no volume either yet), probably gonna happen with chapter 5 too when the next chapter get published, comic pixiv have a period of time were you can read them and then they get removed, but usually only tend to affect middle chapters, since is a reason so you go buy the volume

(a thing in alot of these publishing websites, keep first few and last few, and all in middle is gone or paid only)

Pretty much. Also Comic Pixiv doesn't really have a paywall option for out of circulation chapters, and as far I can tell this series isn't on any other manga services, so unless someone had it saved, it's pretty much gone until we get a tankobon release.
The plot for chapter 4, assuming we end up skipping it for the sake of staying caught up with the RAWs, is Shio and Kafka walking to school and Kafka trying to get that handholding action.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Btw, if there's anyone around here who obsessively saves RAWs of Comic Pixiv series and happened to download the RAWs for chapter 4 before it went out of circulation (or whatever you call it when time-limited web chapters go offline), do let us know.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For those wondering, you can indeed hook up a Switch JoyCon to a PC via bluetooth and set it up as a side tool for certain art programs.

Goggled Anon
Not het discussion 11 Oct 18:08
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Not exactly sure how this applies to the cactus oneshot, but this looks like another fine addition to the "don't judge a book by its 60x85px thumbnail" series of tags.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Did you read Hourou Musuko?

Pretty sure that series ended with the trans female protagonist telling her girlfriend that she wants to be a girl and her girlfriend responds with "I guess that makes me a lesbian"

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Unlike how works tagged Not Yaoi tend to be those that give off a yaoi-ish vibe until you dive into them (eg. Love DNA XX), there's nothing in this oneshot at least that would've made anyone think it was het. I feel the Not Het tag would be more appropriate for subversion of expectation works like Temptation of Shiro Gal & Kuro Gal, where the hook is you think it's gonna be a het about gyarus teasing a dumbfounded boy but it's actually a yuri about one gyaru crushing on the other. That being said, further discussion of how the tag should ideally be used should probably be moved to the thread on the tag itself.
For this oneshot in particular, I feel like it's worth at least a Subtext if you don't wanna commit to the Yuri, unless there's anything specific the author has to say about it.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 5:48PM