Forum › Posts by yuri-yaoi

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

I found it really funny that Sachi asked "can you eat bamboo" when bamboo shoots are a staple in ramen.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Villian-turned-hero is always a fun trope to see.

joined Jul 23, 2017

So many top tier Nico poses in this chapter.

yuri-yaoi
A-Channel discussion 17 Nov 22:00
joined Jul 23, 2017

NTR? In my A-channel? Meow likely than you think

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

Wow, so glad these are put together now.

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 13 Nov 23:56
joined Jul 23, 2017
Drqzl9uv4aavkii-orig

Top tier rarepair

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 13 Nov 23:51
joined Jul 23, 2017
Wata%20(1)

I'm so glad Tomoko has friends now. Nemo and Yuri surprisingly balance each other very well

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 13 Nov 23:49
joined Jul 23, 2017
Dj3q2ypu4aa0qik-orig

Nemo doing her cutest

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

Huh, I figured Nozomi was going to take a photo but I was hoping she'd actually kiss Nicocchi afterwards

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

Going by manga and anime Japan is a den of opportunistic rapists.

Sexual assault in Japan is a whole can of worms. High frequency, low report rates, and no one wants to be the single snitch. It's considered shameful to be sexually active (hence the whole purity obsession) and they haven't quite differentiated between consensual sex and rape. It's not like it happens on every corner of every street, but it happens much more often than people are willing to say it is.

last edited at Nov 13, 2018 11:41PM

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 05 May 13:44
joined Jul 23, 2017
En-64958784_p0

you x everyone ?

yuri-yaoi
OL x Gyaru discussion 05 May 13:41
joined Jul 23, 2017

I didn't really get the 'paid dating' vibe at all. I just took the expensive comment as a joke.

It felt really obvious to me. Gals invest a lot of money into their appearance and are already known to partake in enko (schoolgirl prostitution/paid dating) to afford their lifestyle, so her cutting her nails (rip) + the comment is a pretty blatant implication. It doesn't help that the paying lady is an OL, as the stereotype is that office workers are the most common customer for enko.

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

People are way too hard on this series. I found it to be an exceptionally cute series about five young people in a pretty brutal romantic circumstance. I get why some people feel the ending was rushed, but calling it crap doesn't seem fair to me.. Kotooka had to overcome her past trauma and get over her fear of losing her friendships, Nadeshiko had to decide what she needed to do to be satisfied with herself, Tsukasa had to come to grips with the fact that her feelings are unrequited so she could properly move on, Subaru needed to realize that he can care about and have relationships with people other than Tsukasa, and Asakura needed to recognize that he's attracted to Subaru as well. They all overcame their basic stumbling blocks to moving forward, so the manga ends with the potential of their futures in front of them.

Agreed, but it doesn't have enough of an obvious yuri end for most people on this site. So long as there is a shared focus on het/yaoi couples on here, people are a lot more prone to nitpicking and overreacting to things that otherwise would be ignored.

That being said, it is a rushed ending, but there are plenty other manga with rushed/axed ends on this site that don't get treated half as bad as this.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Oof, those letters hit me straight in the heart.
Relationships aren't easy in real life, how about we all step off? This manga was a snapshot into their love and relationship at the time, and even if it may have changed it doesn't mean they can't cherish the happiness they had together when they were romantically involved. It's the whole "breaking up is terrible" mindset that traps so many couples in an unhappy relationship- becoming friends isn't necessarily a bad thing.

yuri-yaoi
I'm Santa! discussion 04 Jan 23:01
joined Jul 23, 2017

Poor Honks doesn't know what she signed up for.

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

Not sure why anyone would pay that much for a mechanical pencil. I do have some gold nib fountain pens around half the price, but luxury fountain pens are a much higher step away from a mere mechanical pencil.

In my experience with these goods, there are three kinds of people:

1) "Look at this it's a brand name hey do you know this brand hey hey" The people who don't actually have the funds to buy something so frivolous, and buy it anyway. These people tend to be the most vocal and worrying, because sometimes you can tell they can't afford the goods but they still post haul pictures.
2) "#designerbag#Valentino#Beauty#Fashion" Shoppers who buy luxury goods because it's a part of their job. Either shop staff at luxury bouquets or e-famous people (bloggers, vloggers, etc) who need to keep up with these trends.
3) "Brand loyalist" The target audience and usually stereotyped as the one percent. They're loyal to a brand or designer and will buy nearly anything from them to show their support and love. Think of those people who buy anything a celebrity wears just because they love the celebrity.

yuri-yaoi
A-Channel discussion 27 Dec 00:13
joined Jul 23, 2017

Tooru, Teenage Heartthrob. Reminds me of that K-On chapter with Ritsu and Mugi hanging out.

I agree. Both chapters are just about hanging out but the more unusual pairings reveal new parts to the girls. In this case, it's nice to see Tooru be cool rather than cute.

I think she was more cute than cool.

Understandable, Tooru is undeniably cute.
I suppose I find her reaching out to Keiko and treating her as more cool than cute. It's cute when she overreacts and tries to act responsible after Kei calls her cool, but it was cool when she naturally reached out in the first place. Kind of effortless, I guess!

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 12:14AM

yuri-yaoi
A-Channel discussion 26 Dec 13:12
joined Jul 23, 2017

Tooru, Teenage Heartthrob. Reminds me of that K-On chapter with Ritsu and Mugi hanging out.

I agree. Both chapters are just about hanging out but the more unusual pairings reveal new parts to the girls. In this case, it's nice to see Tooru be cool rather than cute.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Best food manga returns.

I know I'm a heretic, but I really ship Sachi and Eri... They're just so adorable together!
Same. I do doubt the author will make any clear-cut endgame ships just because the mood so far has been so fluffy.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Hurrah, I'm glad they finally got a donor to come through.
Wish people would stop bashing them for wanting to find a donor though. It's their right and desires and what's done is done, there's no need to mock their decisions or anything.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Super cute. Wish we got to see Nicos other siblings, though.

yuri-yaoi
joined Jul 23, 2017

Shockingly cute

joined Jul 23, 2017

Good Mood Tone...

Mezashi, you're the best!

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 01 Dec 18:44
joined Jul 23, 2017
Tsunderewatch

Good job TL
Also impressed @ Widowmaker. Teach me!

yuri-yaoi
Image Comments 01 Dec 18:43
joined Jul 23, 2017
Teethguitar

Smooth

Also "teeth guitar" is a running meme in most music anime things. K-on did it too.