Forum › Posts by Lyendith

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Right. Maybe Kon just went to check on that bitch the monster sent flying.

Surely she must have hit the ground by now. >.>

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm confused though… did they have sex by removing only the top?

Seven chapters in and they already have crossed more lines than Mei-Yuzu ever did ... oof

Another Ice Age will transpire before those TWO even make it to third base.....

Remember when Citrus was considered a slightly scandalous and skeevy manga? X)

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, at least I certainly get why Sakura would want a distraction when she's married to freaking Sasuke.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ Makes as much sense as any other theory. XD

Chapter 7 should come out here soon. The only thing I can say is Mari still hasn't hit the ground. Probably.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's not impossible, though that would make the situation even more convoluted. >.>

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Right. We were denied the festival and the class trip in AnoKiss. =[

oooor not and they will just vaguely miss the truth of each other's relation to Rin somehow. That can also happen.

"Hey, one of my friends is called Rin and also tutors a middle-school girl! Crazy coincidence, huh."
"Yeah, I guess Rin is a common name."

last edited at Apr 5, 2020 10:09AM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hopefully someone translates the rest. TToTT I can't do it this time around.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's a bit hard to tell this early, but that's how I interpret it.

At any rate, I'm curious to see Mayuki and Akira interact privately; we haven't seen much of their relationship so far, at least not from Akira's side.

And man, I could stare at page 27 for hours… it's so beautiful…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ The thing is, I don't think Mayuki herself has any delusions about kissing making her "more mature", at least not after chapter 1 ("We should try different configurations"… yeah, sure… XD) While maybe not "in love", she still has a fascination with Rin and liked the experience of kissing, so she wants more of it. We've seen that she's very simple-minded and easily fixated on things; not very prone to think them through either.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Reposting my previous message

I wonder what Rin's smile at the end means… is it one of relief, or one of bitterness?

Like, she won't have to break Akira's heart if they're "just friends", but at the same time maybe she was a bit hopeful…? That aside glance just before is especially puzzling to me…

But anyway, I'm not as bothered by some clichés like the "confession tree" as BugDevil is since Canno clearly plays with them a ittle bit. In this case for example, confessing under the magic tree would most definitely make no one happy at the moment.

I do agree that this series isn't exactly subtle though. >.> Ironic considring AnoKiss was sometimes a bit too subtle, with characters bending over backwards to not say they were in love.

last edited at Apr 5, 2020 5:48AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 3 is out on MD for those who can't wait! It's this time focused on Akira, as you might expect.

I wonder what Rin's smile at the end means… is it one of relief, or one of bitterness?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yori coud ask advice to Mafuyu from Given for the song. Minus the whole "the one I loved is dead" thing, preferably.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Although i almost choked when i see Sayaka saying "Senpai" when her Senpai appeared since the translation don't use honorifics at all to begin with.

And that's why I tend to keep "senpai" in my translations. Because unlike "-san" or "-kun", senpai is not just a particle but an independent word that can be used alone. And when "senpai" is the only way a character is ever refered to (like Sayaka's senpai) you don't really have a choice but to just… keep it − lest you have to bend over backwards just like when you put everyone on first-name basis. Since it has no direct equivalent, I basically treat it like a term of address like "mister" or "miss". In a purely Japanese context at least, it works (in a series like Beastars though, keeping it would be jarring). Depends on how lax the publisher's standards are though.

Now regarding the chapter 22 issue, I don't want to completely blame the translator, as maybe the proofreaders or the typesetter told her that cutting the sentence didn't work… there can be many causes for these kinds of fuck-ups. On my translation of ReLIFE for example, a proofreader made a "correction" that completely altered the meaning of a sentence without informing me, and we had to change it back after the chapter was already released. Thankfully it's a web publication so we could fix it quickly…

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 10:07PM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm pissed at the French translation of volume 4, which botched an absolutely crucial scene at the end of chapter 22 (the "how can you say you hate something I lo−YOU JERK"). Instead we just have "Don't say you hate yourself." with the bubble inexplicably hiding part of the text box. I almost want to sent them an email to complain. è___é

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ That line goes perfectly with your avatar. X)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

This chapter doesn't feel very comedic to me. Are we sure drama isn't a better tag?

Would be a good idea to add it, yeah. I mean, it's Canno so a mix of comedy and drama is par for the course.

^ Fourth session: Hand holding!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

BYM?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So Montenegro managed to escape that song when it came out?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That Chiyono girl is a piece of sht, i mean really? just because she didnt respond to your feelings you hit her and hate her? so childish

ikr, almost she is a teenager or something. Crazy huh, that teenagers act stupidily

I really wouldn't wave off slapping someone in the face for turning you down as just kids being kids. It's a pretty wildly insane thing to do even for a teenager.

She is angry that's the person she love can't love her back.I don't know, it's not that common but it's not impossible that she will slap her.I know that change from the naïve kouhai who run away while crying.

I mean, that whole "look only at me or never talk to me again" speech did sound slightly yandere-ish…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I can't help but feel bad for Akira in those first pages. X)

Rin: Akira, I have something important to talk about, can we talk after class?
Akira: OMG the girl I like is gonna confess to me, I can't wait I can't wait!!
Rin: I kinda… kissed a girl last night.
Akira: …Oh.

Speaking of which, I really love the work on eyes and facial expressions in this series. I felt that Canno had lost a bit of that around the end of AnoKiss, but she's really upping her game here. Love the subtle shadowing too (like when Rin says "I can't").

I think in Cannos works being gay is the norm not the exception. But I can definitely see modern kids in accepting environments being more confused by someone being poly then someone being gay

It's more that, since everyone treats being gay as normal, the "weird out" cursor is moved to something more unusual like polyamory. Still, I appreciate that even though guys and het people do exist this time around, no one bats an eyelid at gayness anyway. It's still idealistic, but it feels more real than the post-apocalyptic fantasy world that was Seiran Academy (even if that was nice too).

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Aye, it's such a pity that Again!! is not a yuri series. =[

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 2 is out in Japan. It delves a little deeper into Rin's past and what happened during the "slap scene" at the beginning. Seems like Akira's love for Rin is one-sided after all. For now.

Preview here.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Triangle love for dummies [To Get an A+]

…Dammit, why didn't I think about that. :þ

And I really hope the story involves a trip to Egypt now.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Actually no, it means that I'm an idiot.

The Japanese title is 六月の雪深し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Fukashi), which means "The June Snow is Deep"; I mistakenly read it as 六月の雪探し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Sagashi) because the two characters look the same except for their radical.

So I'll have to fix that.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I think it's a tongue-in-cheek joke about how the love triangle will be resolved easily - by polyamory. That's my guess at least.

I mean, technically a polyamory is still a triangle. :þ

Still, I wonder how much research Canno did on the subject, since she seems to like depicting it. Unless… she's more than just friends with her two pals from Hyper Kettle Yesterday? >.> Okay, probably not.

Anyway, that's a risky move for sure, and it has a lot of potential for going awry. But I just wanna see Canno develop a single story over a long time for once. So please, no digressions about Mayuki's basketball clubmates or whatever. TTvTT