Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

And thus was invented the nose snorkel
Erp, and then I googled it...and it vibrates...

Added to the list of things I'll avoid having in my search history.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 6:50PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Can we for the love of yuri and eyeballs, please get dark mode on this site?

For the love of eyeballs? o.O

(Sorry, just what it made me think of. I would actually appreciate a dark mode too.)

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 1:16PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Are you thinking of Tiger and Hummingbird?

Yuki Kitsune
Collectors discussion 26 Oct 11:18
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just found out that chapters 21-onward are up on MangaDex from Dragomir Scans. I wonder if we'll be able to upload here...

Edit: Upload request submitted. We'll see.

last edited at Oct 26, 2022 11:27AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I suggested the princess carry tag for chapter 24 of Anemone is in Heat but it was declined. I'm not sure I understand why not.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24#17

AFAIK the Princess carry tag is supposed to just be used for images or short chapters/doujins that focus on it; chapter 24 doesn't really apply

There's about a dozen chapters that would respectfully disagree, including some where it's no more than a single page/frame. Here it actually continues for 4 pages, and that full-page image seems both significant and memorable. Going to have to toss my support behind Mr. Jones on this one.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

LMAO - They're food. They're bugs. They're pets. They're food again. I hope she didn't name them.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ I just found out about the YKK English release when I went to the World Science Fiction Convention last month. So excited! (It'll be so much less effort to read than my Japanese edition. Not fluent enough to read it without referring to my dictionary several times per page. But I practically know it by heart at this point.) Serialized 1994-2006, and finally seeing an official English release. Took long enough, but this amazing series deserved it.

Most of my favorites probably qualify as obscure only because of age--they're all from 2010 or before:
Aqua Blue Cinema
Chatting at the Amber Teahouse
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

It's pinned in the forum under News: Dynasty Discord Server

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Refined with the pen and hot with the hammer! Man, I'd fall hard for a woman like that IRL.

last edited at Oct 15, 2022 9:59AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ Something like Candy maybe?

Yuki Kitsune
Anime season 06 Oct 11:27
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

If you're a big fan of girls with guns, you've probably heard of this one already, but I'll mention it just in case; the aptly-named Gunslinger Girl might be up your ally. There is no pretension of yuri (nor het) whatsoever, mind you, but it has a very similar concept to Lycoris Recoil of orphan girls becoming government assassins who fight terrorism. Unlike Lycoris Recoil, it's much darker in tone and takes itself seriously, but I found that it had an actually engaging plot that was capable of turning on the waterworks.

I second this. It was a series I avoided for a time because it looked like it was going to be all Loli girls (especially knowing some of the other thing Yu Aida worked on). But it ended up being quite amazing. There's a bit of het crush--especially later in the books, less so in the parts covered in the anime--but it's addressed really well. The quality of the story is excellent, and many tears were shed.

Re: Lycoris Recoil -- I get where people are calling it yuri bait, but I guess I was able to enjoy it because it never felt to me like there was going to be anything between them. Maybe because Chisato reminded me too much of Hikari from Amanchu. (Cue saltiness.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't do hugs, but I really want to give Nico a hug right now. He didn't deserve that. So much heartache.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How many characters should be required for Insane Amounts of Title?

There's no hard or fast rule on this, but having at least 5 lines on the "Groupings" thumbnail is probably a good benchmark. So as long or longer than Umareru Kachi no Nakatta Jibun ga Anna no Tame ni Dekiru Ikutsuka no Koto, basically.

The following might be candidates by that criterion:
[snip]
...but I'd be wary of over-using this tag, or it loses its humor.

Mr.Zilla posted:
The amount of lines changes depending on what kind of device you're using. I think it makes more sense to do it based on the number of characters.

So far the shorted title with the tag is 73 chataracters including spaces.

Norainhere posted:
Hmm...yeah, I agree. There are more of those at that length than I thought. Maybe I'll just remove it from Umareru Kachi and make the criteria longer.

Maybe it depends if it's based more on the visual feel or the verbal feel. Umareru Kachi feels long to say because it has 30 syllables (and even longer by mora). Of the others I listed, all but Lonely Female CEO are in the range of 20 syllables. But syllables are also a pain to count.

Guess all I'm saying is I wouldn't remove it from Umareru Kachi just yet.

(Edit: Dammit, I love the humor of this tag. Didn't plan/mean to take this all serious. I'm shutting up about it now.)

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 4:17PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

If anyone wants to suggest a new tag, please do so in this thread and not on the "Suggest tag changes" page - that clutters up the moderation queue and I'll just reject them.

How many characters should be required for Insane Amounts of Title?

There's no hard or fast rule on this, but having at least 5 lines on the "Groupings" thumbnail is probably a good benchmark. So as long or longer than Umareru Kachi no Nakatta Jibun ga Anna no Tame ni Dekiru Ikutsuka no Koto, basically.

The following might be candidates by that criterion:
A Yuri Manga Between a Delinquent and a Quiet Girl That Starts From a Misunderstanding
A Cute Bird Comes To An Office Lady Who is Tired and Healed by Birdwatching
For Each Retweet, Two Straight Girls Who Don't Get Along Will Kiss for One Second
It's Painful That I Have No Idea What High School Girls Are Thinking Of These Days
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?!
A Story about a Very Lonely Female CEO who Falls for a Lesbian Prostitute in Seconds

...but I'd be wary of over-using this tag, or it loses its humor.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

When your friend is having a full on breakdown so you call her a pain and hang up, great job Shimamura.

I mean, she's shown time and again she isn't capable of dealing with these sorts of things. Shimamura is acting very much like Shimamura here. Even if it's likely the literal worst thing she could've done.

The worst thing would have been to hang up in the middle of it. At least Shima heard her out.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The title is far more entertaining than the content itself, unfortunately. That felt like a slog to read.

Especially the way they squished it into the top of every odd-numbered page. Mad respect to ogey rrat for the effort. Not my thing though.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Another series I've had sitting in my "To Read" folder for a while. Loved the story, loved the characters, hated the end. Only because of the time skip, though. The way the relationship between the main characters was resolved is fine, but there were too many loose threads. (Rio's story, for one. And then there was also Rio's story. Not to mention Rio's story...) There are manga that end on a time skip where it feels planned. Run Away with Me, Girl is a great example. This one just felt like it got axed with no warning. Not that the last chapter felt incomplete in itself, just that it should have been chapter 29 instead of 23.

(Sorry for being down on it. My pet bunny just died. Was looking for something to raise my spirits. Maybe I should come back and clean this up when I'm feeling less depressed.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Adachi and Shima need some organizational help.
Leaving Azure 2 (Ch27.2) leads to the April Fools' chapter (Ch25*) then to Leaving Azure 3 (Ch27.3).

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Blastaar said :

They're honest now that they're in a relationship. What would be accomplished by going back and "confessing" that they once had "ulterior motives"?

What's being rewarded is not the "messed up behavior" but the fact that they're confronting and dealing with their feelings as they developed.

I've been thinking for a while now that the Blackmail tag really only applies to the first couple volumes. Even if they're not "together" by the end of chapter 10, they've certainly moved beyond using each other dishonestly.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Me clicking link: Please let there be progress! Please let there be progress! Please let there be progress!
Line 1: "Ordinary life goes on."
Me: Well, shit.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Thank you @princess_daphie for delivering another superb chapter! I know this isn't common fare at Dynasty these days, but I think all of us regular readers really appreciate your efforts.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Thinking about that ^ exchange a bit more, I realize that this may be the first time Sakurako has expressed a desire for something more out of their relationship. She's always saying things like she's happy just being with Kasumi or doing things that make Kasumi happy, and she resisted labeling their relationship with an it-is-what-it-is attitude. But I think this is the closest she's ever come to saying that she'd like to receive some affection, too. In a way, it may be the first time she's acknowledged Kasumi as an equal in their relationship instead of as an idol.

(Which may all have already been brought up in discussion, but I'm not wading back through all of those pages to check.)

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 9:53AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I've often thought that one of the big advantages to adoption (depending on timing) was being able to skip the diaper phase. But with the vibes Rio gives off, it seems like she'll have them dealing with plenty of her shit.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

[...] as long as negative comments are actually constructive criticism [...]

See, to me, constructive criticism isn't negative at all. It's a great starting point for discussion or disagreement, but it's positive because you can build on it. I see negative comments as the ones that don't leave room to build.