Forum › Posts by halmoni

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm not sure if I understood the last chapter properly... I came here to see if you could enlighten me, but I'm still as confused as I was before.

What I understood from this chapter (using a Spanish translation) is that Yu-ji was in love with Seol-a but she didn't like her own feelings. She tried to pretend that she didn't care about Seol-a and when Seol-a listened what Yu-ji was saying, Yu-ji thought that it would be easier to not try to be forgiven by Seol-a and that with the distance her feelings for Seol-a would be more bearable. Moreover, hurting Seol-a was a good (though selfish) way for being always remembered by the girl she loved. Seol-a's memories about Yu-ji would be so harmful as the love she felt. Yu-ji wrote all that in a letter and after some time Seol-a got to read it.

I've heard mixed things about the Spanish translation lol. Some people like it, some people hate it. But idk why you're reading the Spanish version when your English seems fine

-Yu-ji had feelings for Seol-a. These feelings were most likely ones of attraction or love, but like mikasamikasa77 said, the line "I want you" has a sense of ambiguity (compared to just saying "I like/love you").
-Seol-a overheard Yu-ji by accident, and this ruined their friendship forever. Yu-ji and Seol-a ignored each other for the rest of high school.
-Yu-ji wanted to be with Seol-a even though they had gone separate ways; she did this by becoming Seol-a's "scar"
-In Yu-ji's mind, it wasn't possible to go back to how things were before, and so she couldn't bring herself to apologize
-It was difficult for Yu-ji to live with those feelings, especially since she didn't like that part of herself and she knew it was wrong (aka her desire/obsession to be with Seol-a)
-Hurting Seol-a was the only way for Yu-ji to be with her; otherwise, she'd just be forgotten. I don't think she wanted to intentionally hurt Seol-a ("But I didn't want to be a burden on you"), she did it for the sake of becoming a part of Seol-a's memories forever. She didn't necessarily want Seol-a to feel the same pain that she did, so that's why she said "You don't need to know anything".
-Yu-ji wrote the letter and her younger sister read it after the funeral. Seol-a never read the letter.

I think the general gist of Yu-ji's feelings was that she didn't want to burden Seol-a with her own feelings, but as a final, selfish request, she asked Seol-a to keep her in her memories, despite how painful it would be. Yu-ji managed to accomplish this request herself by not apologizing or reconciling with Seol-a. The last part of Yu-ji's letter (아파해줘/Feel hurt) was meant to convey this feeling of asking for something, or like "Please do this" (-te + kure/kudasai in Japanese); so while it did say "Feel hurt", it was sort of like an indirect way of saying "Remember me". It was hard to translate since English imperatives/commands aren't as direct imo.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 8:17PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@ffins07
de nadaaa

nice analysis btw! I had a lot of the same thoughts while reading the chapter. If Seol-a and No-rae went to Australia right now, Ssamba would have to change the title to "Australian Feelings" lol

I definitely felt like I didn't know Yu-ji very well until this chapter, since most of the past Yu-ji arcs only had inner monologue from Seol-a.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@anonymous

Yup, that's correct

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

And last but not least, Ta-Da! YuJi was a psychopathic person who liked Seol-a. And she apparently said these things because she wanted to hurt Seol-a, because she thought this was the only way Seol-a would remember her. And also because she liked hurting people.
I must say I'm not dissapointed by this chapter

Hmm I don't think Yu-ji intentionally meant to say those hurtful things. She only said that stuff because she didn't think Seol-a would overhear.

But because the deed was done and she couldn't magically go back in time, she decided that if she was going to go down in Seol-a's memory as a bitch, she would be remembered as the worst bitch ever. In order to make a lasting impression/effect or something like that.

The part of her personality where she would rather hurt someone deeply instead of making up with them because she wants to remain in their memories is irrational and twisted, but I don't think she wanted to hurt Seol-a in the first place. Things just turned out that way.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 2:56PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Extra edition trans- http://pastebin.com/K2i2P2Z7
trigger warning: convenient plot devices

Ssamba called it "extra edition" but it's not different from a normal chapter or anything

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Plot points have nothing do to with the creative process of writing a story?

How well written and delivered a plot is (in other words how enjoyable a story is) has nothing to do with how the author decided to go about with their "creative process".

Yes it does mean that. Put it this this way. Let say I read a book and It has well written grammatically, has good prose etc... Suddenly I find a typo, the quality has gone down. But it's only a small instance, it doesn't mean that I'll throw it in the garbage and call it a "shitty story" like you've said in the end of your last post.

Typos and other grammatical errors can affect the delivery of the story and change meanings of words or phrases in certain instances. They're different from cliches.

A man has a bad habit of never putting down the toilet seat after he's finished. He has no other bad traits. A second man has the same bad habit but he also is prone to anger, thinks only of himself, never cleans up, etc... Both have the same fault, yet the first man is definately more eligible to marry.

Okay, if you want to use this example, let's actually address the cliche instead of ignoring it. A man has a bad habit of never putting down the toilet seat after he's finished. However, he always cleans up meticulously after himself, making sure that the toilet is clean and sanitary after using it. A second man has the same bad habit, but he never cleans up after himself; in fact, he doesn't bother to ever flush the toilet. The toilet is often left in a dirty state, with stains and drops of urine everywhere. See the difference?

I did. You simply said the same thing that it's not the cliché being used the problem it's how you use it afterwards. This is a meme everyone seems to parrot, because they "like" the story better when that happens. This is the dilemma people have with Moral vs. Legal.

Completely off topic, I have no idea what you're talking about

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trivial

I don't think you're using trivial in its correct context...it means "something of so little importance that it's deemed as unremarkable or commonplace". Not just "something that is common".

No. History time? The term cliché was coined when there was an influx of cheap/barely different from one another stories because pressing paper with "new" revolutionary machines happened.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=cliche
Cliches referred to commonly used phrases/words that printers used, not stories.

Also, really? Calling me tryhard for debating something on a forum?

No, I wasn't calling you a tryhard. I was saying that your explanation for why car accidents are cliche was so ludicrous that it looked like you were pulling things out of your ass.

Following your logic from the car example, everything and anything is cliche. Any object can be rendered obsolete in the future. You might as well be saying clothes, traffic lights, roads, paintings, etc. are cliche because there's a possibility that we won't use them in the future.

An author could write the most original, creative, out-of-this-world plot ever, and it could still be a shitty story.

Again, it wouldn't. That's an hyperbole, which you seem fond of using to make it look like my arguments are less sound. Nice try though.

Explain? How so???? So if a story doesn't contain cliches, and it's super original, it must be good? Uh...okay......sounds fake...but...okay........

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I've never said that but it does affect a story negatively. A few moments of lesser quality does not mean something is garbage, but it prevents it from... For example being a masterpiece.

How so? How does something being "unoriginal" or "typical" prevent something from being a great story? There are tons of plots and stories out there that would be considered cliche, but are also considered masterpieces. When you say that cliches will inherently degrade someone's work, it's like saying "A fruit will taste worse if it's a certain shape"; the two are completely separate traits that have nothing to do with each other. A story can be cliche and unoriginal. That doesn't automatically mean its quality has gone down, because there are so many other factors that contribute to a plot's quality.

Cliches may have negative connotations, but whether those connotations are true for a story or not, depends on many other variable factors.

You still haven't brought forward an solid argument against cliché = inhenrently negatively impacting.

Read my previous posts.

I keep getting bashed because you insist that criticism equals dislike

Because YOUR criticism specifically was based on your personal dislike for cliches.

See this isn't a cliché because there's nothing trivial about the concept of a human being or a "boy" or "girl" and love.

Cliches have nothing to do with about whether something is trivial or not. It's about how common or overused a concept is. Love stories are most definitely cliche. But why don't you ask Nya-chan to define a few cliche moments for you? Because apparently 99% of the events in FF are cliche.

It's quite possible we won't use cars in the distant future.

Wow you must be a gold medal champion for mental gymnastics. Holy crap the length some ppl will go to claim that some event is "cliche" lmao

An author could write the most original, creative, out-of-this-world plot ever, and it could still be a shitty story.

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 4:15AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

xxcindybeexx
You explained nya-chan's argument about 100x better than he/she ever did. Thank you for actually reading and understanding my questions.

events in the story unimaginative
the author is almost going down a checklist for the story
the way the characters deal with it/develop in it are what drives the story

Is informative, substantial, and way more objective than

it weakens her work
I roll my eyes up because yet another cliche shows up.
I guess what Ssamba lacks is actually an editor, who can help her shape her story better.

And I'd have to agree with you; it's difficult to avoid cliches. But I was never particularly bothered by any cliches in FF because of how Ssamba delivered those scenes (characters, dialogue, etc.).

Clichés as a definition are something that has because so commonplace that it has approached the realm of banality
When something is commonplace, as an individual you react less strongly because it has become routine. That's just "normal" human heaviour, his is why repeated actions, like a factory job makes one feel numb.

Cliches are unoriginal. But that doesn't mean that they necessarily establish a stale, unoriginal story. Writing, plot development, characterization, etc., are all elements that contribute heavily to any story, so just because a situation or event is cliche or common, it doesn't mean that we should presume said situation to be boring/numb/uninteresting. A story being cliche and a story being well written/interesting/strong are two disjoint factors.

I think you would be hard pressed to find something more "objective" than that.

I think if you actually read his/her arguments, you'd be hard pressed to find anything objective at all. Refer to my comparison above.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I have the impression I could rephrase it in 10 different ways, you'd still say it's no good. The cliches can be good in moderation.

But can you swear she's not going to pull an arranged marriage?

What does having an arranged marriage even have anything to do with whether FF is a good story or not? Did you not read anything I said? Once again, cliches are not inherently something negative; it is largely dependent on the context and how the author uses them.

How would having a dramatic, cliche arranged marriage affect the story negatively in an objective manner? Especially if it's necessary to advance the plot? In other words, how would you back up your argument of "cliches=something negative" aside from using your opinion as the golden standard for how cliches are supposed to affect a work?

Certainly whether we find a story enjoyable or not ultimately comes down to personal opinion, but to say thay using cliches automatically means that a work is subpar, is silly.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

somehow, they get caught in a cascade of impropable situations straight out of stock shoujo mangas and I feel it weakens her work.

I've read literally thousands of manga. I'm no expert but I recognize patterns.

And please, don't attempt to belittle my opinion by making me sound like a stupid internet troll.

I wasn't asking you to repeat your reason for why you're reading it. I was asking for more substance in your criticisms. You said you don't dislike cliches, and yet at the same time your justification for your criticism is that these cliches weaken Ssamba's work because YOU feel like you're rolling your eyes when you see said "cliches" (unless you have another more reasonable answer as to why you believe cliches contribute negatively to FF). It's a weak argument that contradicts your previous statements and it hardly justifies saying cliches=weaker story, because like I mentioned before, the two have no real correlation.

In other words, come up with something better than "I don't like it" before you make a general sweeping statement.

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 5:14PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I expected the "if you think it's so bad, why do you read it?" and "If you are so smart, why don't you do better?" flames.

That is also cliche... :)

Also, about ^, I think ekw79 was just trolling. No need to overreact like this.

Maybe if you had more substantial criticisms than just "A is cliche, B is cliche, your mom is cliche, everything is liek sooo cliche!!!! Ssamba pls get a real editor and fix ur horrible story, my eyes can't handle ALL THIS ROLLING!! 1!1one! 1", you'd get those sweet, sweet non-cliche replies you're looking for :^))))

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's not that I dislike cliches in my manga. It's just cumulative in the case of FF. She used the "conversation overhearing" twice. The "car/bike/bus accident" THREE TIMES, the "love rival" multiple times, the dead ex, the "I run away from my feelings by going back home", deep conversation on the beach, etc...

I'm used to these cliches. But they rarely show up all simultaneously in the same story.

What was the probability of the ex showing up in the middle of the confession? He disappeared for years, but he shows up and interrupts a confession. He must have had a spider-sense tingling.

I'll keep reading it, because Seol-a and No-rae are really nice characters, with a great personality, they are both adorable and I want to see them kiss (in chapter 100? I doubt they go further than that), but my enjoyment gets spoiled whenever I roll my eyes up because yet another cliche shows up.

I guess what Ssamba lacks is actually an editor, who can help her shape her story better.

Okay, so how exactly did you want Ssamba to cater to your specific needs in order to move the plot forward? If you're rolling your eyes at every attempt from Ssamba to advance the story because it's 3cliche5you, it's hard to believe that you're enjoying this series as a whole. I'm not quite sure where you got the "dead ex" thing from. There's no solid evidence to prove that there was anything romantic between Yu-ji and Seol-a. It sounds like you're just listing a bunch of events from the story and calling them cliched.

Why don't you send a resume to Comico and tell Ssamba that you could be their editor? Since clearly you know what's best for FF's story. /s

I'm pretty sure that a webtoon as popular as FF at least goes through a basic editing process before being published.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Somehow, while I love the characters, as I said numerous times, the plot devices Ssamba uses are a bit too artificial. I see the ropes there. Overearing conversations in the classroom, check. Riding a Ferris-wheel, check. Truck-san killing, or injuring, a character, check (twice). Interrupted in the middle of a confession, check. I feel like I've read this kind of devices in a million shoujos

I still like it, but she doesn't aim for originality. Same sins than Lily Love.

I'll probably be flamed to death by the FF fans, but oh well, once I've read this chapter, I was like..."hmmm, where did I read something like that before? Oh right... EVERYWHERE!"

And yet, you'll keep coming back week after week to see what happens. Common plot devices aren't necessarily a bad thing. You can have cliche plot devices with an amazing story, great dialogue, and multi-dimensional characters. You can have cliche plot devices with a shitty story and flat characters (i.e. Citrus or Valkyrie Drive).

I for one, have never read a yuri manga/manhwa that focuses so much on the nuances of the initial attraction between two characters. Add to that a variety of interesting side characters and a story that doesn't follow the typical beaten-to-death yuri tropes. If FF isn't original because of its plot devices, then it'd be hard to say that any story at all is "original".

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I have a question since I just found out about this forum. Maybe you guys have talked about it before, but in the Chapter 42, where Seol-a was talking about what happened to her with those girls in High School. There was a girl (Yu-Ji) who was the one who talked to her first and then talked bad behind her back.
Did Seol-a actually have a crush on her or was she just hurt about how they treated her? Because her ex classmate told her don't hate Yu-Ji too much and Seol-a thought "I didn't even once".And then in the end she compared her with No-Rae who has a crush on

When Seol-a said the line "I didn't even once/I never even once...", the verb is not specified. It may or may not have been "I never even once hated her".

Personally, from what I've read and interpreted, Seol-a did not hold romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Not hating someone doesn't automatically mean you must love them or something; they were best friends, after all. The strongest evidence for this is the fact that Seol-a was confused by her feelings in the beginning. During the MT, she noted that she had these frustrating feelings, but she didn't know what they were or why she felt that way. If she had truly fallen in love before, then she would've noticed waaaay earlier.

When Seol-a thinks about No-rae at the end of the chapter, she isn't necessarily saying that she felt the same way towards No-rae and Yu-ji. She was comparing their situations and saying that it's too late to go back to the past, for both Yu-ji and No-rae. For Yu-ji, Seol-a never got the chance to talk everything out with her and reconcile. And now it's obviously too late to do this since Yu-ji passed away. For No-rae, Seol-a realizes that she can never go back to just being "friends" with her because she acknowledges that she's romantically attracted to No-rae.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 48 trans - http://pastebin.com/jBGGBvGZ

sorry if it's crappy or if there are any mistakes I was busy all day today and I NEED TO EAT

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Seju got into the cheating because of the worry that Sumin would leave her. Why would have she done that? Becasue she loves Sumin. Why on earth do you have to care about someone's behavior toward you that much if that person is nothing to you?

Quote of the year, ladies and gentlemen. If you love someone, make sure you cheat on them to really get the message across. That'll show them!

Seju fans will insist that the main motive behind all of her actions is love. Others who've actually read the dialogue will say otherwise. Let's just agree to disagree.

@moridori
안녕하세요, moridori-님. 제가 현재까지 WDFS를 영어로 번역했던 사람 입니다. 이 게시판에 있는 해외 독자님들도 대부분 이 작품을 매주 구입합니다.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

http://pastebin.com/PvsLt7CA

Ssamba will be on break next week

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

And what made Seju that way?? Her love turned obsession towards Sumin. Just because Sumin was the victim we're neglecting what she did? Remember that nobody forces Sumin to come back to Seju. Yes, she's suffering. But they both are. Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it) then she came crawling back to Sumin, out of what, love? I think not. It was out of resentment. They're making out not because of love on Sumin's part and Seju's willing to take it as long as she had Sumin by her side. I'll ask your statement back to you, "Is that also how you treat a human being regardless of how shitty your life was?" And it happened for sooo many years. Their messed up situation. They both allowed it to happen.

Now, Sumin's found Sungji and Seju's already tied with that situation to Sumin with her powerful statement "till we die". So Sumin is allowed to be happy and move on while Seju will be seen as the villain if she doesn't let it happen. Isn't it normal to fight what you just thought was yours(nobody owns somebody, yes. But her mentality turned that way already from their repetitive situation for the past years)? Her only world is Sumin and it will be taken away. I don't think Seju will just sit back down and let it happen. I'm prepared for the yandere mode. :P 90% tragedy and I'm only expecting 10% happy ending here. I'm still hoping for that 10% to happen.

I could ask you the same questions. What caused Sumin to go around and sleep with other women for the sake of revenge? Seju also had the choice of not sleeping with Sumin, but she did so anyways. Nobody forced Seju to do so. Obviously Sumin didn't go back to Seju because of love. Like I've already said, they don't/can't love each other anymore, and they both know this.

They're making out not because of love on Sumin's part and Seju's willing to take it as long as she had Sumin by her side

I think you're missing something there. They have sex because of...? Resentment? With the way you're phrasing it, "Seju's willing to take on Sumin's hate/emotional unstability/whatever your reason was", it sounds very patronizing towards Sumin. I'm not saying that Sumin is fault-free. But I absolutely do not view present Seju as someone who's faithfully just staying by Sumin's side. When they have sex, I think of it more as Seju reminding Sumin "You belong to me, and you always will. Nothing will change". Because that's what Seju wants. I hardly think of it as Seju "taking on" Sumin's hate or whatever.

Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it)

What did you expect Sumin to do? Let everything settle down peacefully and forgive Seju? Although it does seem somewhat immature, there's nothing wrong with letting your ex know that you're sleeping with others. That's how Sumin was trying to cope with the situation. It's natural to feel angry or resentful after the person you trusted most in the world betrays you.

Isn't it normal to fight what you just thought was yours(nobody owns somebody, yes. But her mentality turned that way already from their repetitive situation for the past years)? Her only world is Sumin and it will be taken away.

I don't care what Seju had to go through, it doesn't justify her controlling attitude over Sumin in my opinion. Sumin already had her whole world taken away when her parents passed away and Seju cheated on her. And now she's trying to build a new one with Sungji. Is it fair for Seju to take that away from Sumin again? Ultimately, your perspective on the situation ("it's Sumin's fault for going back" or "it's Seju's fault for perpetuating this whole situation") is going to determine whether you sympathize with Seju or Sumin more.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:35AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Is something wrong with the Lezhin app? What does the fox say is gone as well as most of the others I read. I got excited cause I had time to finally read it and it's gone.

iOS is under maintenance so it's down. The PC site and android apps should be working.

@addicted03

I thought Seju had given up on love already. In the past, when she said she would wait, she most likely meant that she wanted things to go back to how they were before. But now, since that's obviously not possible anymore, she wants to maintain the status quo. Seju was the one who said Sumin can no longer receive or give love.

Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love

She also states:
"Don't you think we were destined to be like this from the beginning?
Neither of us loving anyone, and just being the way we are."
So I don't think there's any real love involved in their current relationship, and Seju is aware of this.

Yes, even I would acknowledge that Seju is probably clinging onto Sumin because she was the only person who was really "family" to her. But rather than having faith in Sumin, I see it as Seju trying to have an iron grip on her. She wants (or believes that she already has) total ownership and control. And that's not the proper way to treat any human being, regardless of how shitty your family or past was.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 8:53AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

About the claiming of Sumin as an object, I don't see it like that. Yes, she has this weird, unhealthy possessive streak regarding Sumin, but I can understand her point of view. Her family is horrible so she grew up emotionally warped and she clung to the first person to ever show her a bit of love, Sumin.

About the whole "object" thing, that's something that was implied in the dialogue. Even in English, it can be rude to call a person "mine", because the phrase is often associated with objects (I.e. saying she's mine instead of she's my girlfriend). The Korean phrase is the same except it's a bit more literal. It's not exactly a polite or respectful phrase to use for people, but it can be used for strong emphasis. Of course this is all heavily dependent on context. However in Seju's situation, I thought it was fitting because of its possible negative connotations + ties with strong emotions. I personally don't like or use it.

Although Sumin "voluntarily" goes back to Seju (sumin is an independent woman capable of rational thought vs. sumin is mentally/emotionally dependent on seju so she isn't returning to seju intentionally), I fail to see how victim blaming contributes to the discussion of her relationship with Seju.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 5:43PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

really confused about the man who hit sumin lol Seems like he doesn't give a damn about Seju but meanwhile he hit sumin because of seju ???
In fact that's a lot of stuff I don't understand in the story, reading wdtfs is as hard as watching Inception for me lol need to read the same chapter few times in order to understand what's happening, and don't know why you guys can illustrate that much (especially halmoni) I am so dumb
And again thanks halmoni for your super fast translation, hope Gaji could rest more and get well soon!

He does give a damn about Seju. He was distraught by the fact that she was too weak from the breakup to properly tell him to piss off, and he said he was the one who gave Seju her name.

If any of you have not received translations 2-3 days after messaging me, message me again.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

How do we know that Sungji is not just one of Sumin's "conquests"? What makes Sungji special? considering Sumin has had her fair share of the market, and she's still coming back to Seju-momma!
I'd feel bad if Sungji was just another insignificant girl in Sumin's life.

I don't quite remember every moment, but there have been hints here and there showing that Sumin has been affected by Sungji's unique personality.

1) When Sumin got drunk af on the day of her parents' anniversary, she hugged Sungji and attempted to make Sungji fall in love with her (i.e. close physical contact + "I'm so glad you're here blah blah blah"). But Sungji didn't just blush and give in to Sumin's advances. She told her what she honestly thought ("You're strong because of the happy memories you had with your parents, and I hope you can tell me about those memories next time" or something like that), and she made Sumin fall for her instead. If Sungji had given in to temptation at this moment, she probably would have been another "conquest" girl.

2) Sumin didn't allow Seju touch the band-aids that Sungji put on her fingers. So clearly Sungji is important to Sumin in some way; she didn't want the parts of her body that were...purified, I guess, by Sungji, to become tainted by Seju.

3) She starts doing stuff that she normally would never do, like buying dolls and putting out her cigarette when talking to Sungji on the phone. Although old Sumin was a romantic, I feel like she stopped being one after her relationship with the chairman. The lawyer lady broke up with Sumin because she felt like Sumin wasn't putting any effort into their relationship.

4) Sumin's attitude towards Sungji has been changing. At first, she was very skeptical, and she doubted that Sungji was as innocent as she was. However, now we can see that her inner thoughts have become less harsh. She went from "I wonder if she'll fall for me if I say blah blah blah"/"First love? Yeah right"/"Her heart's racing lmao", to "I wonder if I'm supposed to just say that I'm thankful for her effort"/"We can take it slow". She's actually trying in a relationship. And Sungji has made Sumin less of a grumpy asshole.

5) From what we've seen, most of Sumin's "conquests" started out as sexual relationships. Sumin and Sungji still haven't slept with each other. Sumin tried to sleep with Sungji in the anniversary chapter and she failed. She got drunk with Sungji again for her birthday, but chose to not sleep with her this time. Sumin is putting time and effort into this relationship, even though there hasn't been any sex involved so far. So I'd assume that something's different.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Anyone else having trouble viewing on Lezhin? I went on my laptop through chrome and signed in the website but it's not showing chapters past 09 and it's not showing the ones I bought either. On my mobile iOS 8, it's still not finding the title anymore on Lezhin mobile. What happened??

Lezhin is doing a maintenance with the iOS app. Sooo until they fix everything, it won't be available and you won't be able to charge coins.

The PC chrome version of the website is working fine for me.

Can anyone explian me about the guy who hurt Sumin? Who is he? And why did he do that?

His relationship with Seju is unknown. All we know is that he's tied to her family somehow (cousin, step-brother, half-brother, fiance, etc.), and if you read the dialogue in the beginning, he seemed to be a bit over the top crazy with his love for Seju.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 2:04AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Lezhin is doing a maintenance with the iOS app. Sooo until they fix everything, it won't be available and you won't be able to charge coins.

There will be a month long break after this chapter. The translation will be sent out later today. seju is EVIL called it