Forum › Posts by kingtiger

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

All it needs is Blackberry as a drill-haired stalker who's jealous of all the other phone girls being more popular than she is.

+++11111111

And then like a Nokia candy bar phone being completely left out and abandoned lol

Kind of reminds me of the OS-tans haha

last edited at Sep 25, 2018 10:06AM

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the acronym CBD used outside of urban planning discussions.

They use it all the time in China and I’ve heard it used in other Asian countries (Indonesia/Philippines).... maybe its an Asia thing?

This is quite an interesting setting... can’t wait for more!!!!!!!

kingtiger
Citrus discussion 20 Aug 08:03
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

lol that little kouhai hiding in the bushes... she's just thinking what we're all thinking... that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu and Matsuri has feelings for Harumin, Yuzu and Mei hehe....

On a side note about the second to last color page... i wonder who is the guy with the Japanese fans, and the two girls on the bottom right of the staircase (blue/black dress and green dress)?

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

When I first read that line about Kase-San saying “that kind of stuff doesn’t suit you, you should stop” I thought it was a red flag/seemed a little possessive (not in a positive way). I think the way page 17 is drawn it’s eroticizing the lipstick application process/it’s something that Kate-San is interested in/something that Kase-San likes... so I wonder if the “stuff” that Kase-San is referring to is the “being mature like everyone else” aspect. I don’t think we really get a sense of why Yamada-San wants to try on the lipstick, other than “everyone at uni wears makeup and looks so mature”. If this is the case, I actually agree with Kate-San. I don’t think Yamada-san needs to force herself to be mature/force herself to be like everyone else. I think she’s definitely got a childlike innocence to her (as seen as her reaction to the plane ride, the trains, talking about sex etc), and to force herself to be more mature because everyone is kind of going against who she really is.

Especially since we’re coming up with the whole past relationships vs new experiences/people, this mature (older me) vs the younger/high school me will be an interesting dynamic to explore. Kane-San and Yamada-San fell in love with each other because of certain qualities/aspects they had in high school. Part of the whole university/post-high school experience is growing up/understanding different parts of yourself/finding out how you want to be. It will be interesting to see if and how they grow to accept the new aspects of each other.

kingtiger
Furutani-ke discussion 01 Apr 05:25
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I thought it was an April fool’s joke haha

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Rest In Peace SSamba. You touched a lot of people with your comic. We all enjoyed it very much.

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Considering this one ended with a "fin" and the last one ended with "to be continued", I guess this is the last part. Guess Ayumi really was just a two-timing bitch.

Aww hope that’s not true about it ending. I was hoping to see the story from everyone’s POV, and how each viewing angle would have revealed another layer of the complicated love square pentagon thing lol

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Did truck-kun appeared??lol

Only Stairs chan lol

Looooool

kingtiger
Citrus discussion 22 Oct 08:47
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

What matters to me the most now is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE YURI GODS LET HARUMI X MATSURI BE A REAL THING!!!

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Also side note... what did Matsuri scratch into the ground on the credits page? Yuzu x Mei? Or Harumin x Matsuri (⊙v⊙)

Maybe Yuzu x Mei drama will inspire Matsuri to be bold and say “Harumin-Sempai let’s not waste anytime. Let’s get together” lol

kingtiger
Image Comments 26 Sep 12:38
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013
Touhou-keimo104

I’m not sure why I do this to myself... reading it for like the billionth time and I’m still(TT^TT)lol

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 12:38PM

kingtiger
Citrus discussion 16 Sep 20:08
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Came for Yuzu/Mei... stayed for Matsuri/Harumin haha...

I hope we get to see more of Matsuri/Harumin. I like how Matsuri's so forward, but devious and Harumin's basically like "I know what you're up to; cut that out" lol

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

This reminds me of the one-shot about a girl who always cheers others, including the girl she liked when that girl confessed to another girl, though it's ending is on a much lighter note compared to this one.

yes, and after the delusion she cleaned out the pachinko, that one shot is really fun

which one-shot is this? It sounds familiar...

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013
kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Since we've only seen the story from Tsukasa's point of view, my impression of Kotooka was that she was kind of the airhead/oblivious of life going on around her/was purposefully ignorant so she wouldn't have to deal with what was right in front of her. But I'm glad we got a chapter from Kotooka's point of view as it shows not only how perceptive she is, but how she also understands the weight and consequence of having these feelings. Going back, her seemingly distanced facade carries more weight to what is going on.

Also, Nadeshiko seems to have had an "ah-ha" moment and I hope we can see a chapter from her perspective as well.

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if in a society that places a lot of emphasis on relationships/your position in relation to society, there is more hesitation in disrupting the "social status quo"/relationship status quo. I agree with a lot of the comments here, that if someone just said SOMETHING, they wouldn't be stuck playing these games. But at the same time, I wonder if that's because I'm coming from American culture/a culture where our relationship to other people isn't as important as say our individuality.

I think it really shows how important the people to people relationship is when you look at the language. ex. in Japan they are always addressing someone by Sempai/Kouhai, as opposed to directly saying their name, where as in America you would just call a classmate by their name. I wonder if the trope of hesitating to reveal your true feelings is a common feeling in Japanese society, and if those feelings are brought about by the emphasis of the people to people relationship...

kingtiger
Oddman 11 discussion 31 Oct 19:01
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

By the end of this manga, I think she'll eventually go out with the guy. Only to find out it's not what she imagined it would be.

And it'll have a harem ending. Setsu's harem.

lol I hope so...

Also we've spent so much time with the Female Oddmen it's hard to imagine Dowman Sayman writing Setsu with the guy... there wouldn't be any emotional payoff since we know almost next to nothing about him...

Also Number 7 is just too cute o(≧▽≦)o

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Man, little kids in manga always make teary-eyed. They are just so innocent and cute and so easily amazed :D

... Kids in real life act like that too. I sometimes volunteer at an elementary school because my mom teaches there and I can tell you they're the sweetest (but no one is without their bad days). So every time I go they go "Oh look it's Isabel!" "Hi Isabel" "Hey Isabel guess what I learned today." "Isabel I drew a picture for you." and etc. They're 1st graders and they don't hate a soul.

Werd... I work as a store greeter and when the little kids get over being shy and wave back to you it's the cutest thing. They don't really know who you are but it's like they get excited just to see someone play/interact with them too. I totally get Onoda in this chapter and her interaction with the little kids. Sometimes I have to deal with some pretty crappy customers in retail, but seeing the occasional smiling kid can really brighten my day.

I just can't get over how the mangaka can have a great blend of comedy and serious stuff /character development that really hits home. I think s/he does a really good job of making the characters feelings come across and making them very sympathetic. Some of the stuff in here is so goofy, but at the same time some of it perfectly captures high school girls being silly. The Sports day pantsing chapter always cracks me up and reminds of how people used to pants each other in high school. Usually they were athletes so they had shorts on under their sweatpants and no one ended up flashing anyone lol. But yeah loving everything about Virgins' Empire.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Labhubhul posted:

Even another page or two would have been more concrete

You mean another page would've been more ROCK solid? (0u0)

You've really got stones to make a joke like that.

You guys hit rock bottom with those puns.

I feel the next page or so is going to be pretty rocky in terms of quality.

keep them going, rock it baby !! ....

you guys better stop....or I'm going to stone you all to death

These rock puns are a stone's throw away from getting out of hand

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

:D I can't wait for the other extras to get translated!!

kingtiger
Pink Rush discussion 21 Sep 12:37
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Lol I'm glad this isn't dead. I wonder if we'll get to see the relationship from the point of view of other staff members haha.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Lol a jambox? This really is before my time. :p

lol! One of the translators "dated" themselves with that term. xD Haven't heard that one since I was a kid.

"Jambox" was in English in the original. But as far as I know, what's shown in this chapter are bluetooth speakers; the music itself is being played off her phone.

Isn't Jambox referring to the Jawbone wireless speakers?

I like Amano Shuninta's Adult Life stories... They are adult but still playful and funny.

Can anyone explain the difference between watashi and atashi? And what about anta and omae?

kingtiger
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Lol that afterward

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

The way Amano Shuninta draws kids is too cute, her next work should should be about cute little preschool kids falling in love

kingtiger
Image Comments 05 Dec 23:29
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013
Touhou-keimo104

heh... every single time... (TT^TT)

kingtiger
My Beloved discussion 25 Oct 01:32
Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

awwww yeah!! now we can get to the best parts!!!