Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Untitled discussion 19 Jan 10:40
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So I guess there are some dudes visiting that All Girls School.

The bookstore she's in isn't all girls.

Nezchan Moderator
Cross Heart discussion 18 Jan 20:30
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

OMG OMG MOTHER OF WHAT IS ALL GOOD THIS CONTINUED!!!!

No, this isn't a continuation. It's a rewrite of the original part of the story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It should be noted that Yuuka in shorts is tremendously hot.

Also love the Moyashimon reference.

Also also is Sakuya freaking out about the bread quality maybe a Yakitate! Japan joke?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ replace citrus by another manga and i'm ok with it =D

Haha, you beat me to it. Stretch it is! Cast down the false Citrus god!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i wonder if they ever show us that brainwash club

They did, but you've been made to forget.

Nezchan Moderator
The Flower discussion 18 Jan 13:00
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As a side note, I heard that the term trap is demeaning. As demeaning as calling a woman bitch. Just a little 2 cent from me.

That's not necessarily true. There are trans people who think like that and there are those who don't mind at all. It's just like one person being offended by something and another person being totally okay with it.

"Trap" is based pretty much entirely on "they're dressing that way to trick you", which is pretty gross to people who have to deal with that idea in the real world. Fans who have the luxury of being able to ignore that generally don't mind a bit. Funny how that works.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, I like this new secretary character a LOT! Actually, the student council in general provides some much-needed relief from Yuzuki's freakouts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...slightly anarchic Chinese.

For clarity, I suspect that this means "archaic Chinese", as in no longer commonly used.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Another good classic. Hopefully not an overlooked one.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kinda hard to pin down what tags fit, to be honest.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How much would I love to see the stuff on this sidebar, though? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_picture_diary_ch03#9

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Takako-sans work is always so interesting. I wonder why they stared at the picture in the last one. Was it because she was a ghost or just an old memory? (or there was a ghost behind her :9)

Because why is a teacher carrying around a photo of their student? It basically implies that he's after her.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I personally dislike Mitori, but I'll never pass up a Yohane comic.
..unless it involves some of the artist's more extreme fetishes.

Has Yohane actually done manga with those fetishes? I've only seen single images.

Anyway, we got more great faces from Kanako. Page 28 was wonderful.

Yohane does such a great Kanako, she's adorable. And the fangs/eyes are nifty.

Nezchan Moderator
Off Time discussion 16 Jan 20:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Every time I read this, I love it more. And I've read it a lot.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Azusa was a fitting way to untense the atmosphere!

A solution for a problem nobody wanted solved.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Top of page 34, "Things that is going to make me happy is going to make me happy", what does that even mean?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/touhou_blue_book_manamasumi#34

I would translate it as "I have neither the time nor the inclination to provide any form of quality control to my translations because I have no respect for the work I am doing."

Let's not go there, shall we?

... But maybe that's a bit too harsh? It's not like it's utterly illegible? And it's Yohane? So that's nice? Question mark?

Yes, more or less, definitely and ?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Top of page 34, "Things that is going to make me happy is going to make me happy", what does that even mean?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/touhou_blue_book_manamasumi#34

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In terms of romance this really isn't Kokoro x anybody. She's becoming frenemies with Cirno, and seems to see the rest of them as mentors/family but that's about it from her direction. Certainly Cirno isn't in love with her or anyone else in this story. Byakuren, I think kagakujinya hit it right on, motherly love with a side order of pervert, but nothing really serious.

Loving all the Nue x Murasa in the background though, they're so cute.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm assuming they're both Nitori's parents since only one of them is Mitori's.

Ah yes, I forgot that MItori is half-kappa. Although judging from their clothing, I would guess that they are both Mitori's parents, since one of them is dressed in very human looking clothes.

Isn't Nitori the younger one? I took it that the human parent was gone for whatever reason by the time she came along, but maybe kappa mom NTR'd human mom, and they got back together?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking into it, Japanese rules re: same sex marriage are kinda weird. Not allowed in-country, and they'll only recognize it from out of country if one partner is a citizen of a country where it's legal. So a Japanese girl could marry a Canadian girl no problem, but two Japanese girls can't go to Canada and come back married.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does anyone know the person besides Orin and Yuugi? Looks somewhat similar to Reimu, but I don't know her.

The person besides Orin and Yuugi is, as already mentioned in previous posts, Sendai Hakurei no Miko, another fan-made Touhou character.

If I'm not mistaken, she is Reimu's mother in Yohane's fictions.

Is the couple on page 10 someone in particular or just two random kappas?

I think those are supposed to be Nitori and Mitori's parents.

I'm assuming they're both Nitori's parents since only one of them is Mitori's.

Nezchan Moderator
YuruZero discussion 15 Jan 10:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuruzero_ch03#21

and who's that guy?

Fullmetal Alchemist joke.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Chopsticks Passed Down Through Many Generations"

Eww...

Tableware is a pretty common heirloom here in the west too, y'know.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 15 Jan 10:29
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if Ran really knows that Keiko's ex is really Keiko's ex. There can't only be one Keiko in Japan, right..? When one of the chs ended with the ex saying Keiko's name, Ran was surprised. But it didn't continue after that, so we don't know if Ran knows that the ex BF was Keiko's ex bf.

If Ran knows and she hasn't told either Keiko or the ex, it could pose as a huge misunderstanding between her and Keiko. I wonder what's in stored for the next chap.

I think Ran is all but certain that he's the ex of the Keiko she knows, because the events and timing pretty much match up with the things she knows about her Keiko. Maybe it's not 100%, but that's never stopped Ran before.

I do have to agree with that other poster above who's a bit frustrated that Keiko doesn't seem to show much emotion towards Ran beyond friendship, not even a wistful look. It makes things look awfully one-sided.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Watch your spoilers, people! I know up to 18 (and probably past that very soon) are available elsewhere, but please limit ALL discussion outside spoiler tags to what's been released on the reader. Even small stuff, since this is a manga that's all about the details.

Be considerate of other users who want to enjoy the story as it gets posted, and if you don't tag stuff as spoilers I will be doing it for you (and have already a few times), and erring on the side of caution.