Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, I have no clue what's going on there.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 24 Jan 13:21
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
47786403_p0

Maki's dialogue seems to be "This feels empty without a ring, you know."

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 24 Jan 00:32
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Cries, don't tease us! I want proper yuri in the series too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hm, I don't like this as much as Tiv's other series, but it's still fairly decent

Hold on, does this mean younger kitty is a crossdresser? Or just an awkward translation?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bokura_wa_minna_ikiteiru_ch04#7

No, Niu is male. Physically, at least; 8.5 seems to suggest transexuality

Yeah, I'd only gotten up to 5/5 when I posted that. Looking at 8.5, assuming it's not just an awkward translation then transsexuality seems the clear reading.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 23 Jan 21:07
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Nasteh: Spoilers, please. You do them by putting two "=" before and after the text you wanna post. Like this: "=="Something that's a spoiler!!!!"==" Leave out the quotation marks though.

They haven't got a history of being a good commenter, so I did it for them. Good catch, thank you.

last edited at Jan 25, 2015 5:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hold on, does this mean younger kitty is a crossdresser? Or just an awkward translation?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bokura_wa_minna_ikiteiru_ch04#7

Nezchan Moderator
Philosophia discussion 23 Jan 10:20
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Before i go any further, is there a rule against 'asking-about-an-upcoming-chapter-that-is-yet-to-be-released-but-you've-somehow-managed-to-read' in this forum?

It's rude to talk about the content of unreleased chapters without using spoiler tags, is that what you mean?

You tag spoilers by putting == at the beginning and end of the text you want hidden, like this. If you hit Quote on this comment, you'll see how it's done.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think Maiden's Cake came along right at the end of the era where yuri stories were mostly inconclusive and you had to imagine the girls ended up together, or outright downers where they didn't or worse. Makes me grateful I'm reading when proper romances happen between girls and this sort of thing is the outlier.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Although it is wholly possible to live without having any meaningful contact with those of the opposite sex, frankly I think that's unrealistic for your average person, especially if you're a student attending a co-ed school (and let's be real, the majority of universities today are co-ed campuses). You're inevitably going to meet/interact/talk with people of the opposite sex, regardless of your own sex or sexual preferences. If you wanted to live free of interaction with the opposite sex, you would have to make a conscious effort to do so. In a world where statistically a little less than half of the population is male, I'd think that it would be pretty difficult to live without knowing any men. Unless the setting was an all-girls campus, I'd feel that the complete absence of men in the story would be quite unrealistic, especially given that Seol-a is seen as the queen bee of the school.

See, this is the part that doesn't scan for me. Seol-a is indeed queen bee, whether she wants to be or not, and that's a plot requirement of this particular story. It's not based on whether women having significant male presence in their lives is realistic or not, it's a decision the author made for this particular story. Having a queen bee to that degree isn't any more realistic than women having only female friends (regardless if they're queer or straight), it's simply a plot decision.

Extrapolating that plot decision to other yuri on the grounds it's "realistic" seems to rest on a very shaky foundation indeed, not least because realism is no indicator of a story's quality. Especially since romance stories already are fantasy stories of a sort.

last edited at Jan 22, 2015 12:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Or view the entire list of issues, with links, on one page.

http://dynasty-scans.com/issues Is this what you mean? Or something different

Like that, but for each magazine. So clicking Yuri Hime would get you a list of issues separate from the rest, and you would have a link on the individual stories to bring you back to the Yuri Hime page. Like I said, the functionality was there in the past, but things got reorganized about a year or so ago into the current arrangement.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It would be useful if we could navigate from one issue of YH to the next. Or view the entire list of issues, with links, on one page.

I remember that used to be possible, when you finished one issue, you could hit the link at the top of the page and get the full list of YH issues (or Hirari or whatever) and simply click to go to the next one. Not sure why that function was removed, but there were a number of changes in how things were organized at the time. Wouldn't mind seeing it back, it was handy.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hmm, after the better part of a year, I'd hazard that maybe Yuri Project lost track of this one among all the other projects? Or maybe just never got raws or something.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pity there doesn't seem to be anything else from this anthology. Had such a promising start.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As for men being portrayed as dangerous, uh, statistically, the world over, the number one threat to women is violence perpetrated by men.

I think statistics show the no.1 threat to women are their male intimate partners, male family members or male friends, which is mindbogglingly worse.

Which brings us right back to the recent chapters pretty nicely, doesn't it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, realistically any queer person living in a queer community or simply engaging in queer culture in a major city can easily go through their social lives without having prolonged conversations or meaningful engagement with the opposite sex. I haven't had male friends (much less straight male friends) in nearly a decade, so I do not think an absence of men in yuri manga is unrealistic at all. I also prefer not to have male leads in stories I read because every story in society portrays men as competent people. Women are frequently just damsels or tinsel on the tree. I have been so saturated with the male experience in media that i could easily never experience it again and be no lesser a person for it. I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied. There are tons of straight male stories out there, if you want to read them feel free.

To add to that, it's really not that hard for a straight female in most modern cities to have an all-female circle of friends and not interact with guys much at all outside of say, family or co-workers. It happens, therefore realistic.

Of course, then we get to the point that outside of certain genres, "realistic" isn't a really big consideration for most fiction.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

First Love/Hate, now Sachiko...man all the good yanderes are showing up now

i wonder if they ever show us that brainwash club

They did, but you've been made to forget.

How'd you make it out then?!

As a warning to others.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, I must be pretty genre blind because that twist came out as a genuine twist for me.
And then it became a double twist when it untwisted itself. That was amusing.

That's a major issue with the argument of 'cliche'. It doesn't take much analyzing to see that every story has been told in every which way possible. So inevitably a story may speak wonders of new beauty to one yet seem trite and overdone to another. It all depends on execution, and how our predetermined bias comes to fruition in the middle of a story.

It's also a great word when you want to sound smart and critical, but without the requirement of saying anything substantial.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"This love between a bird and a human intrigues me"
I kinda lol'd there.

At least it was the Goddess of Interspecies Lust, the Fujoshi Goddess would have just been awkward.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can be happily patient for the actual yuri to appear so long as the artist keeps up with the amazing facial expressions.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

They're holding hands?!
MY YURI SENSES ARE TINGLING!!!
Yuri fan~
Yuri fan~
Homo life~
So suffice~
I'm not even sorry

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 19 Jan 22:02
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48238594_p0

I think that was spit, as in Marisa was doing what we in the west call a raspberry or Bronx cheer.

Why she'd do that, I haven't a clue.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How much would I love to see the stuff on this sidebar, though? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_picture_diary_ch03#9

I have good news for you, then! I have one of those books ("Love Revolution!" volume 1), and Lililicious is planning to scanlate it. (It's listed under "Other doujinshi" on our planned projects list because Morishima published it as a doujinshi.)

Sweet! That's awesome news, thanks a bunch!

Nezchan Moderator
Cross Heart discussion 19 Jan 21:02
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ah, a re-draw? that why I knew I'd seen it before... :v

Also there's an ad for it at the end of the original first chapter that was posted some time ago.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh goodness what I wouldn't give for Riko and Haru to NOT end up together! Seriously, can't we just have two main characters in a Yuri manga who don't end up together?

I dunno, Takemiya Jin tried that and people 'round here complained pretty hard about it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Somebody, please tell me that this is not yet another love triangle school girls full of cliche plotless yuri and that i should definitely read it.

CLICHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

THAT'S THE WORD OF THE DAY, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!