Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The author can go fuck themself since she/he obviously wants all yuri fans to kill themselves with this horseshit of a yuri managa...what the fuck tho...my heart can't take it and I hope there's a good fucking ending for ruki, fue, and massa

Seriously, what?

People, you need to step back a bit if you're getting this freaked out. Go read some Wife And Wife and decompress.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like that she's a pretty normal kid. An awful lot of Science babies are either the perfect children, tiny copies of their parents or very precocious. This one, she's a fairly regular kid, given her environment.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this series is more likely shoujo ai than yuri. I doubt they even have a kiss at the end but I still hope for it.

the heck is shoujo ai.?

A weeaboo-ism for "yuri lite", stuff like MarMite and the like.

"Mainstream" manga readers even use it as a tag for such works instead of yuri, so people can get confused.
From what I heard, in Japan both "Shoujo Ai" and "Shounei Ai" actually mean it's also loli/shota, nothing to do with "lite".

idk, I've heard people say the Japanese don't even use "shoujo ai" in the first place, and it's a western fan adaption of "shounen ai" which, as you say, refers to gay shota.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this series is more likely shoujo ai than yuri. I doubt they even have a kiss at the end but I still hope for it.

the heck is shoujo ai.?

A weeaboo-ism for "yuri lite", stuff like MarMite and the like.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...which means there are random men wandering around just raping every female they encounter...

Perhaps they were meant to go looking for another tribe (maybe even outside the forest) and borrow some of their men for a few hours.

That was actually one of the ancient legends (almost certainly untrue) about the original Amazons in Greece, that they'd kidnap boys from ordinary villages in order to breed and as slave labour. Same applied to male prisoners of war.

The weirder bit is how Amazons (the Greek legend) got transplanted to the jungle, presumably because the Amazon River in South America having the same name as the Greek river the warrior women were named after.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We already have a thread on this, plus it was mentioned in the Fluttering Feelings thread.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6074-what-does-the-fox-say?page=1#forum_post_79442

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Could you post this here as well, so it'll be part of the stickie?

Nezchan Moderator
Nosebleed discussion 04 Feb 09:55
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only real dislike of nosebleeds I've seen lately has been when it, as a very broad sort of humour, is overused as in Neko no Sakegoto's "nosebleed Alice" stories where the author has her do extreme nosebleeds in literally every story. That, and there are occasional cases where you have a promising yuri scene paused or even stopped altogether for the sake of a nosebleed joke.

But aside from those cases, which really aren't that common, I haven't seen much hate in the forums. Maybe you could point to some examples?

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 03 Feb 22:31
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Bed60dbf88815437476bed5e89017e5c

Nico looks afraid, it's like "I'm gonna die. She's gonna kiss me and her harem is going to kill me."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you start talking about Internet Explorer I'm going to have a full blown panic attack.

Netscape, then.

Or there's always Lynx...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Glad there was no abortion in this manga, I don't know why. The Theme Of Akemi ver. Teruo.

Do you have a head injury?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe Kureha will go with bob hair bear-san and I can read this manga ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lol jk read the raws

This post would have benefited from reading the previous post.

I think it was too subtle.

Maybe a bigger font?

Blink tags might work.

I still have serious trauma from the early days of the internet, please don't use blink tags.

Fine, I'll have to settle for marquee and rotating images.

Does this forum accept autoplay music with no controls?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always wanted to see more of this couple. Morishima dealt with long-distance relationships a little with The Conditions For Paradise, but this would have a much different dynamic. Pity she never returned to Mizuka and Kau'i.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lol u talk like i have one. Lol the mod is derailing the discussion right after a user complained about it.

Worst.

Mod.

EVER!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jk my heart belongs to Nez-chan

Like Stephen King, I shall keep it in a glass jar on my desk.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm guessing, since I'm still alive, kouhai's 3d waifu allows the washi-washi, neh? (・ω・)

You're lucking orangepekoe is nice :D

Nice? Just nice?

Pekoe-chan is fiiiiiiiiine!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, I remember this one. Do you guys think Mokou really came back in the end, or was Kaguya just hallucinating that she saw her? You know, since Mokou never appeared.

I, honestly, have no idea. I mean, it seems like something Eirin would do, but we saw Kaguya holding a skeletal hand and wrist.

I'm confused.

It's possible, especially given Mokou's hand had time to decompose, suggesting this was a time skip.

Besides, it's not like madness is anything new to Kaguya.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I pretty much never read this pairing and am a devoted Kiene/Mokou man, but that was one of the most romantic things I've ever read. Goddamn beauty.

Y'know, I hate it when my OTP is questioned due to really romantic stuff like this.......I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SHIP ANYMORE. Mokou x Keine is so cute, but this.....So romantic, I just can't stop the feels. Welp. Time for some Vivit Gray.

I'll be honest, Keine/Mokou still works given that this takes place at least several hundred thousand years later. They get time for a satisfying romance, and eventually these two make peace with each other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

is there a lesbian island somewhere...

Where ever it is, I call dibs on being the Prime Minister.

I'll be Minister Of the Interior!

And oh, the interiors I'll minister to...

Nezchan Moderator
R.I.P. Monty Oum 02 Feb 16:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For those not aware, Monty Oum, creator and lead animator of RWBY, passed away today. I know his work was followed by many here, so it seemed appropriate to make a memorial post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmsAH20mO10&feature=youtu.be

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i love how the merest interaction between a man and a woman will make at least someone on this site break out in hives . . . remember everyone, the straights are people too!

Yup, people you can't friggin' get away from in most media. I can definitely sympathize with the desire to have stories that don't go that way.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Flee to civilisation, where we approve yuri!

Really depends on the civilisation.

If it doesn't approve of yuri, it's not really civilization.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Swearing on Raising Heart is about the cutest damn thing ever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I don't think it's going het with the daycare dude. From what I'm seeing, this chapter is mainly humanizing him and showing that (1) he's not the enemy he seemed to be, (2) that he's a bit nostalgic about his own mother taking care of him in a similar situation, and (3) that Michiru is actually becoming more serious about both her career and her parenting.

I doubt any of that is the seeds of romance.

Nezchan Moderator
LOVE/DEATH discussion 02 Feb 10:05
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well they are supposed to be yandere characters after all. Violence is as natural as breathing to them. Having their object of affection act so sweetly towards them isn't typical for them though. It's more likely to be screams of terror or fearful obedience instead.

TBH I personally think calling them yanderes is totally missing the point. Neither of them show the obsessiveness or crazed possessiveness that marks the classic yandere, to start with. But more importantly, it's clear that both of them are basically the archetype of the highly-trained, hair-trigger assassin type, put in a completely different context (girl-girl romance). All the stuff they do, if you remove the battles, would not be out of place in any issue of Yuri Hime or Hirari.

Violence is their language, but to me it's in a much different fashion to a typical yandere.

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 10:32AM