Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 09 Feb 18:00
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Mark your spoilers, koneko. Don't just rely on me to do it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

we must address the yaoi hand on page 23 immediately

Dare I ask what a yaoi hand is...?

Enjoy

Based on that, the hand on page 23 isn't a yaoi hand at all.

Hand length is generally the same as from hairline to chin. That one's slightly long, but not horribly so UNLESS YOU'RE WAY TOO SENSITIVE OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Best mom.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, since there hasn't been a daily pic yet, and this popped up on one of my feeds, why not add it to the pile?

Game: Final Fantasy XIII Pairing: Fang x Lightning Link: deviantArt

Nezchan Moderator
Lily Love discussion 09 Feb 10:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's also possible that the author just isn't all that good with beginnings, and their comfort zone is more once the relationship starts. Given a the plot as presented is about "lovers" and "soulmates" not being the same thing, the rush to get the relationship started and concentrate on that aspect instead would make sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 21:29
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

That's quite cute. Although it surprises me a little, if it weren't for the language you totally wouldn't know this wasn't Japanese.

Nezchan Moderator
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 19:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well. That escalated quickly lol.

Imagine if the next page were they having sex, and then plot twist! IT WAS A ONE SHOT! D:
Is odd because the art style is so pretty that when she said "I'm nerdy, nobody like girls like me" you can't agree... Is so risky to make an ugly character huh?

"Big Legs. Chubby."

(immediately shows both of those are false)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Embrace it Maki, go to the yuri side.

Or rather, embrace Nico. Many times.

Nezchan Moderator
Poison Mind discussion 08 Feb 16:07
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I read that hoping it would actually be role-playing at the end.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 08 Feb 16:05
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Iwggjc7xdit40

"I want luminous."

"I want your ass."

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 08 Feb 15:37
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Iblldk278sbqv

That bag is priceless.

Nezchan Moderator
The NanoFate corner 07 Feb 22:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Good lord, that version of Fate is as bad as nosebleed Alice. Do not want.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly dont think this is yuri. Feels more like sisterly to me, and thats ok.

The last page disagrees with you quite a bit.

You've never been kissed by a little kid and thought it was too cute for words?

I know I haven't. I stay well away from little kids and their cute little hands and tiny bodies that are easy to pick up. They are too cute for me. They would ruin my tough image.

Haha, well I don't have to worry about that. But really it's the sort of thing a 10 year old would do and not even think of it as romantic. More like the family sort of love, and the latter part of this has a family vibe all over the place.

Nezchan Moderator
Collectors discussion 07 Feb 20:53
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I blame the lesbianhighschoolkyablushfaint and the lookatmyperfectbubbleofrealitylalala type of works. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but they make up the majority of this genre and that's what people have come to expect.

I actually really like when stuff like At the Bottom Of the Stairway To Adulthood subverts that stuff. Or that one of Jin's where they break up, but both get happy endings with other people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly dont think this is yuri. Feels more like sisterly to me, and thats ok.

The last page disagrees with you quite a bit.

You've never been kissed by a little kid and thought it was too cute for words?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Something's whispering me that there won't be any actual healthy yuri, only subtext...

Just wait until chapter 13. It will come. THE YURI WILL COME. JUST WAIT ANOTHER 5 YEARS FOR TRANSLATOR TO ACTUALLY GET TO IT BECAUSE OF ALL THE BREAKS.

THERE'S 13 CHAPTERS. WHAT THE FUCK. WE'RE ONLY ON NUMBER 5.

If I start studying now, maybe by the time the last chapters come out I'll be able to understand the raws anyway.

http://status.yuriproject.net/needs-ed.php

last edited at Feb 7, 2015 7:59PM

Nezchan Moderator
Collectors discussion 07 Feb 14:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

God fucking damn it. I just finished reading that new chapter of Fragments of Love and when I started this one I realized that Takako has the same name as one of those idiots over in Fragments of Love and I had to read this whole chapter slightly pissed off and spouting a line of curse words under my breath. I'ma have to reread this one later because it was A FANTASTIC CHAPTER but I really just couldn't enjoy it at all thanks to that lol.

Are you joking?

Please tell me you're joking.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't help but be pissed about the "all men are perverts" and "lesbians hate men" tropes..

Apparently workplace harassment is considered a serious problem in Japan, and has apparently been unchecked until very recently. So I can see how that works into this story as a fairly realistic trope. Being #NotAllMen over it is to take a bit of a western-centric view.

Nezchan Moderator
Collectors discussion 06 Feb 21:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So the confession and first kiss happened in a hospital. Memorable, to say the least.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

major damage cause love is hurt LOL :D

Well, when you've got two ships banging up against each other...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kinda like how this story doesn't fit with the whole "lesbians only" theme. As Takemiya Jin said, "this manga isn't just about lesbians. There's also bi, gay and straight characters in it." And before you say that it's out of place in a yuri magazine, she also mentions that too.

Rakuen isn't even a yuri magazine, though.

Well yes, she went to Rakuen because the story wasn't suited to a yuri magazine.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToe7EMHEJ0&
for anyone curious, thats the mangaka of Moon, World, and Stars.

Yes for non-digital inks!

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 05 Feb 23:59
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

EHM... WTF with chapter 9!?!?!?! It wasn't like when I saw it in the raws, why are there 2 different versions!?

http://mh.dmzj.com/xxxyujltx/25425.shtml

It was explained earlier on this page. The magazine and tank versions are different.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 05 Feb 23:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I would love this so much if it weren't for whatever unholy thing happened to Sakuya's mouth.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Angst should be included in the tags.

But forum posts don't have ta....

Oh! Oh, I see what you mean. Nevermind.