Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i dont understand what /u/ refers to :/ could someone link me to where the translations are? sorry i missed the explanation ;-;

Uh no, do not link them because I'll just delete them. Seriously, the scanlator said they were uncomfortable posting those links, so we're not in a big hurry to host them.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 15 Feb 11:26
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
B9t9pl8cqaa_obt

I'll be honest I'm more concerned with how her right arm connects to her shoulder. Her humerus is tilted forward while her scapula is tilted back, there seems to be no connection point.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 15 Feb 10:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this is a place where you can discuss anything related to this manga including the new upcoming chapter. Deleting comments, that don't insult anyone is rude I think. But if these are the rules...what can i say. Conform or leave xD
Nonetheless, the translators' final work is great.

Oh, get down off your cross, we need the wood.

You can speculate on the content of upcoming chapters. You can discuss same if you've seen the raws and use spoiler tags. You can even ask what the schedule for releases usually is, stuff like that.

You want to badger scanners about why they're taking so long and just dragging out drama to that effect? This isn't the place for it. Go to the scanning group's site and see how that goes for you. Here, I'll even give you a convenient link to speed you on your way.

Now, I trust we're done here.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 15 Feb 10:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Sketch_by_mylovelydevil-d8eowpc

Although that does bring up the lovely thought of yuri in rural areas.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 15 Feb 10:44
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Spread out yes, but also concentrated at the cities. Vancouver, Calgary (although with Alberta going broke there may be an exodus), Greater Toronto Area (which has more population than most of the provinces) and Montreal are the biggest centres. Start your search there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why are the link for the comico website deleted ? Is this illegal to to share the legal reader ? x)

I guess it was to calm down the drama which was going on...

You are correct, and I probably deleted one or two by mistake when I was going through.

If anyone wants to re-post a link to comico directly, please feel free.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can people in Japan not adopt if they're unmarried?

Not sure, but I do know that until recently it's been uncommon even in the west, and single adopters have a pretty high bar to clear even now. No reason to think that's much different in Japan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It feels like it's throwing too much drama on the table at once. It needs to pace itself better.

That's how life is. It always throws out all the bad things at you at once.

Life and fiction aren't the same thing, nor should they be.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This makes me wish we still had a Valentines tag.

Maybe we should bring it back? It seems like it would useful.

I think both that and the Christmas tag should return. There's lots for both of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This makes me wish we still had a Valentines tag.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Should "appeal" on page 18 be "apply"? It would make more sense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's sweet... depends on how you look at it.
The office lady is obviously not going to find a husband. She's bad with picking out guys (if she does pick one, they either reject her or they're gay).... which can only mean that she and her childhood friend are going to be together forever, whether they become a couple or not.

Yeah, it's obvious she's deliberately sabotaging herself and isn't seriously looking for a man. It seems more like she's playing for time until her parents stop caring about her giving birth.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 14 Feb 18:35
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Because the scanlators have lives that don't revolve around impatient readers.

Sorry but i find your response funny. Always the having a life thing :P
Other chapters have been translated within 2 weeks..why is this taking so long?

Nez Note

As the rules state, this isn't a place for whining about how long it takes or badgering over when the next chapter is coming. So no more of this from you, okay?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually, a lot of lesbians use toys to some extent or another. Can't say I've encountered many who weren't at least okay with the idea, and in fact several have built collections of the things.

But yeah, I agree with mccann that it's a lot less likely or schoolgirls to have them, particularly in Japan.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 14 Feb 13:42
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48627323_p0

I think these skirts classify as belts!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's ok girls! There is plenty of ways two women can have kids now!

Not so much in Japan (other than the method suggested in the story), sadly.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 13 Feb 21:36
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48627323_p0

Are they cosplaying Strike Witches?

Nezchan Moderator
Lily Love discussion 13 Feb 17:51
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Especially since real life definitely isn't as perfect yuri mangas in terms of looks lol.

(Nez Note Just a quick edit to make the quote a bit less obnoxious. Carry on, citizen.)

Funny i draw manga and cartoon and am good at it but if you truely think it is imposible to make ugly characters you are dead worng cause it takes skill to do so,it may look easy but it is not....it's not but once your good your good :-)

I don't think it's impossible to make ugly characters, it's more when characters complain about being ugly they're almost always not drawn ugly.

Of course, most artists spend most of the time drawing stuff they consider attractive, and switching gears to something they're not used to is hard. Some specialize in ugly stuff, but then most of them aren't really drawing romance and the like.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 13 Feb 11:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

where are the lesbians in America?!!

They all moved to Canada to get married!

Nezchan Moderator
Lily Love discussion 13 Feb 09:32
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since we're on the subject of MoC queer women, i've been wondering...how do people feel about submissive MoC queer women? Or those that are more versatile bottoms? Like do they exist? OK, dumb question, of course they do, but are they (we?) as rare as i think?

MoC?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For everyone else:
I've only ever read Girls of the Wild's and maybe tried a few other manwhas over the years (one was a gang's muscle that had a huge, hard core fetish for cute, fluffy, cuddly teddy bears AH! Hello Mr. Teddy) but that's it. Has anyone else read other manwhas worth reading?

Well, not yuri obviously but I've read a bit of Id and it's quite fun in a Dungeons and Dragons/Lodoss War kind of way. Some very standard Tolkein-esque character classes, but played by fun characters. The whirlwind dwarven romance is a big highlight in the early chapters.

Nezchan Moderator
Cross Heart discussion 13 Feb 09:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One thing that really stands out to me here is I think this is the only (correct me if I'm wrong) manga on the reader that really deals in any depth with the aftereffects of rape, PTSD (although it doesn't use the name), isolation, etc. She-Wolf kind of touches on it in a really light way, but I can't think of any other that gets into these topics.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always wondered how gay couples chose their last names when it comes to marriage. too late to change it nico.

Lots of options, really. Choose one or the other, keep them the same (as an increasing number of straight couples are doing), hyphenated names, making up a new name altogether and both adopting that, and probably something I missed.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 12 Feb 22:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
25ed7e581ced957daf751792fa36a39d

Pretty sure this was published way before the tsunami, but maybe one of the big earthquakes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, and there's what within my lifetime was called "Boston Marriages" in North America, where lesbians simply live together and act as spouses in everything but name. But of course you don't get spousal benefits, inheritance is as if they're strangers, no hospital visitation rights, etc.