Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, anything by Vivit Gray, for a start. Personal Color is good too. A lot of Yohane's stuff is pretty heavy on the syrupy romance too, with some interesting character concepts.

That's a good start in any case.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, after graduation, Sugi is surprised to realize that Tamamin doesn't know what's up, so it seems at that point she's been assuming that their friends have figured it out.

She shouldn't be too surprised. Taguchi is inexperienced and Kuno doesn't care about anyone's love life but her own.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Let's go further and add Weekend. What? It's an event!

I'd say no. That's taking it to a bit of an extreme.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

the part akko almost become date rape victim really don't sit well with me..

Well, given the same guy went on to date her classmate, he's really into the teenagers which is kinda creepy too.

At least Harada was a nice guy and a bit younger too, I think.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was suggested elsewhere by someone else, but seasonal tags? Christmas and Valentine's being the obvious ones, though maybe Halloween too?

(I'd meant to just make a Valentines tag to add to that Jin thing we did, but I heard that the tags were disappeared a while back and thought I'd see if there was a history there first.)

If you do those, New Years would make a lot of sense given how often it's a setting for stories.

Also, maybe Festival? Given this is Japan after all and it's a common special event setting.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

It seems it's time for another periodic reminder to TAG YOUR DAMN SPOILERS! By which I mean any story information on chapters not yet on Dynasty. Instructions how to do so are at the top of the forum here.

Just because you're impatient and read ahead doesn't mean you need to ruin it for the rest of us.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 24 Feb 11:52
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48220676_p21

Tails are awesome, independent of NicoMaki. But they do pull off the look well.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 24 Feb 10:09
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It works, I think. Meiling can have her adult side, and would probably be quite the attentive lover. It's Remi who appears more unexpectedly mature here. But who can resist the charms of Meiling, and rise to the occasion?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/acoustic_blue_hour#27 UH!? Isn't that from Blanket!? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blanket#32 That's another story and has nothing to do with this one, or did Keine erase the history!? I really don't get the touhou stuff u__u

They're part of the same collection, and seem to be presented as semi-linked stories.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm super confused...if she is a lesbian how come she is with a guy now? Eh just asking.

Love makes liars of us all, I suppose. Guess she's discovered herself to be bi with a general preference for females.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only really worthwhile thing about this was that it stimulated that part of my brain that wants more Ayano x Kyouko. Beyond that, it wasn't worth the trouble.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sexism does only go one way

aaaaaaand like that you just lost all credibility, the conversation is over.

Some authors you should check out sooner rather than later, dude:

bell hooks
Audre Lorde
Gloria Anzaldua
Simon de Beauvoir
Naomi Wolf
Betty Friedan

time to fix some misconceptions you seem to have: i am not a guy, i am a lesbian, i have done research into sexism before and have been a victim of said sexism and believe me it is NOT one sided, men are victims of it just as much as women are, if men are not the picture perfect of masculinity they are insulted and belittled for it daily, men are not the enemy, assholes are.

and fuck off with those authors their bias knows no bounds and several of them have been proven to mislead readers for the sake of making their points more valid.

Case in point - instantly dimisses all viewpoints against their own.

Get help: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/personality-disorder

Nez Note

All right, this is going WAY over the line. Not only is it gratuitously insulting just because someone disagrees with you, but Diagnosis Via Internet is a way shitty thing to do.

So this is me stepping in as mod, and my message to you and anyone pulling the same stunt, cut it the fuck out.

Not that either of you are smelling like a rose here, and I'd ask that y'all get back to discussing the story rather than flinging mud at each other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah. I think they will in the future, just initial reactions are gonna be bitter.

Yeah, we're just too stupid to know our own minds. But your wisdom will surely rub off on us peons sooner or later.

I find it amusing you say this immediately after saying how bad it was to diss an actual person rather than a character.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So many black bars o_0

People are seriously impatient.

Also, a lot don't seem to really comprehend the concept of spoilers.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love that in the doujins for Rebellion, Homura really isn't much of a devil at all but more of a tease. There are a couple of exceptions, but mostly she's really bad at the role and puts up a front.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Look at my "NanoFate Romantic!" list, that pretty much covers most of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Meh, I don't really like these sexually promiscuous schoolgirl lesbians. Guess I should avoid the Lots o' Sex tag. Rather than swinging one way or another, I'm all about those first time experiences 2 girls have with their fated one! I prefer those kind of true love stories.

Well, a lot of people have relationships before settling down with one particularly good match. That's why I really like that one of Takemiya Jin's where the leads don't actually get together, but each find their own girlfriends later on.

You're not talking about Fragments of Love are you?? I personally really enjoyed that story (if that's what you're talking about here). Also, quite a number of people have sex really really early on in their relationships or even start relationships after one night stands. So it's not entirely unrealistic... in a sense, to see some promiscuous people settle down into a relationship at some point.

No, I'm talking about My Beloved. As for the last bit, I was thinking more in terms of the daughter but I suppose it applies to both the younger girls about as much.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Meh, I don't really like these sexually promiscuous schoolgirl lesbians. Guess I should avoid the Lots o' Sex tag. Rather than swinging one way or another, I'm all about those first time experiences 2 girls have with their fated one! I prefer those kind of true love stories.

Well, a lot of people have relationships before settling down with one particularly good match. That's why I really like that one of Takemiya Jin's where the leads don't actually get together, but each find their own girlfriends later on.

Nezchan Moderator
Hinata Gaii discussion 20 Feb 23:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is the only one?! Where are all my doujins about girls climbing the mountain of adulthood together!? Why aren't there stories about Aoi and Hinata going up close friends and coming down lovers?

Also, I can do without the huge images, it really makes for a jarring viewing experience, really breaks my flow, you know?

Why are there so many Canadians around here? In America we like things to be BIG and I mean BIG!

Dude, we've got legit megafauna up here. Moose and that big nickel pretty much fulfills our quota for BIG so we don't need more.

Nezchan Moderator
Hinata Gaii discussion 20 Feb 23:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, I can do without the huge images, it really makes for a jarring viewing experience, really breaks my flow, you know?

Your flow, it is not funky.

And that's terrible.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 20 Feb 22:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Be my potato."

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 20 Feb 21:36
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48437911_p26

I wonder if this counts as Reversal since obviously Kyouko was setting up for the Pocky game.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 20 Feb 20:22
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The guy is a genius. A scary one at that, no doubt. I didn't know about his other works (other than Prism and Stretch) until people brought it up. I checked them out (being a curious individual that I am) and I gotta say, they're actually not as bad as most hentai mangas. I admired the art more than the plot. It's why I fell for this manga because it has both (although the storyline is not the greatest).

Shou is a bit like a sociopath. He slightly reminds me of Brian Moser (from Dexter), except the torturing and murdering part. Unless of course Shou was doing that secretly, then I wouldn't be surprised.

U WOT M8?

Okay, I can see being hesitant to recommend his work based on his other stuff, but potentially libellous shit like saying he's like a sociopath and saying you wouldn't be surprised if he was torturing and murdering people is a bridge too far. Not only is it taking things to extremes and insulting based on very little, but diagnosis via internet is a stupid thing to do. You don't know this guy, you've never met him, you've nothing to base those statements on.

So knock it off.

last edited at Feb 20, 2015 8:23PM

Nezchan Moderator
Hinata Gaii discussion 20 Feb 19:53
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

10mb pages is overkill

Yikes, no wonder is loaded so slowly.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 20 Feb 12:30
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

sometimes there's nothing that turns you on like a crying woman....

Can't say that's ever happened for me.