Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dood, I feel ya... When I read "Shit and Fuck" more than once in a comment I just skip it and wait for a mod to delete it, is just sad... like "Woah dude, take it easy or just don't take it at all" they react as if they actually bought the manga or they're directly paying the authors for specific instructions of how a manga should be done.

To be fair though, I don't delete stuff just for naughty language or being overwrought. Although I often facepalm at it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since the most recent status quo change, Jason has been BFF of Roy Harper and while they have canon love interests (Starfire for Roy and Jason has been with three girls) the shipping of the two of them is pretty strong on certain factions of the fandom.

Add that the writer enjoys writing scenes like these

http://imgur.com/uMUKIAn
http://imgur.com/I0J3BTE

And they will starring on a book called Red Hood/Arsenal on june.

The fact that there's LITERALLY A SLASH in the title makes me laugh. There's no way the writers did that accidentally.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Horaaay! Finally managed to beat Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System! Probably ranked as my second favorite in the series after VIII (Very unpopular ranking, i know)

Did you start playing Final Fantasy with or after VII, or did you start before that?

Reason I ask is that I've found that most people who really like VIII started with the later games, while people who started with VI or earlier (I started with IV) really didn't connect with it. Both groups loved IX, of course.

Another thing I noticed was that VIII was the (almost) culmination of a trend of pushing fantasy out of the Final Fantasy games. Look at the progression from VI through VIII, and you see fantasy progressively being pushed out in favour of science fiction elements more and more. This came to a head with the Spirits Within movie that was totally science fiction with no fantasy elements at all. IX, of course, reversed course, and was followed up with X which had a much more even blend, which carried on after that.

Just my weird observations on the series, sorry about that. Carry on.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

don't tell me she is a boy after all ;_;

I'm assuming when she says "I've got a lot of different things" means she bought or already owned a bunch of sex toys, and the condoms are for those.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The giant heads made this much funnier for me.

Well, the dialogue was laughable, but that's funny in a different way.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think we can all agree that page 5 is the best cunnilingus ever.

Wasn't that a blowjob?

Not for long it wasn't.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BTW I know Japan loves vending machines but do they seriously have cigarette machines sat outside stores etc?

Strikes me as seriously dumb idea unless they only took credit cards, they'd be a huge liability for underage smoking control - unless they just don't care? They are not that common in the UK and by law have to be in adult only places like pubs - and if you can get at them (fake ID etc) you could buy cigs in a shop just as easily.

Cigarette vending machines were common in North America until the 90's. It's not just some weird Japanese thing. I remember them outside restaurants for instance.

Nezchan Moderator
Freezing discussion 02 Mar 18:51
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't help but think that was posted in the wrong place.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Main Pairs

Or lack thereof, apparently.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I recently did go ask my brother about this very subject , because it bothered me to a curious degree and that I must find out how his thought process worked during this time in his life . I was very surprised and utterly dumbfounded when the answer was so simple that I almost felt like an ass for bringing it up . My brothers words were " I just saw women as something beautiful and I wanted to have what they have. " Well sitting speechless for a bit I did happen to think WTF with sirens going off in my head . So his reasons were materialistic as he just wanted to obtain what he didn't have , I still don't know if I should think this a joke of a statement of take it at face value , but whatever the real reason I guess my curious mind let him off with that one . I also asked my brother about why he dressed so overly nice to a point of being flamboyant , and well the answer was more than simple in fact it goes with his original statement but with a branch so to speak in which he said " the only way I could come close to being as beautiful as a woman was to dress as beautiful as a woman would without going into woman's clothing." So I do need to ask are guys this simple ? Do guys really go with the simple answer, or is it covering for the underlying answer ? I have asked my girlfriend about this , and even she couldn't answer this lol . I may never know the real answers as I am the older one , but I do find this intriguing in the sense of wanting to try and understand the opposite sex just a bit more , but then again understanding my own sex is even more baffling lol .

Sometimes it actually is that simple, and he's a crossdresser. Sometimes it's far more complicated, involving denial and repressing one's self. Or a great number of options between the two like dissatisfaction with the "male" role in society and finding a different balance. You'll probably never know, and hell even your brother might never know the full truth of it. It's certainly nothing that could be easily answered, especially online by people who don't know him well. The best practical course is simply to take him at his word, of course. Nobody but your brother knows what it's like to feel what he's feeling.

The upshot is that identity and gender is tremendously difficult to fully grasp, and what appears to be a simple answer might be both simple and complex at the same time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

isn't utena more about transgender than yuri?

It's mostly about how no matter what your sexual orientation, you're still going to eventually make out with Akio.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's weird, the games I've been obsessing over lately don't have any yuri content whatsoever, the Avadon games by Spiderweb Software. Indeed, there's no romance whatsoever. Although my norm is whenever I roll a female character (this game, Skyrim, whatever) I always assume her backstory is as a lesbian.

Oh, thinking about it one of the studio's previous games, Avadon: Escape From the Pit had a canon lesbian couple who were sent to a prison colony for it and made a life there. Nice to see that sort of thing explicitly laid out in a game.

Oh man, Spiderweb; it's nice to read someone else liking those games. I used to love their Mac games when I was a kid, and I haven't really played any of his work lately besides a bit of The Black Fortress (but I do own a lot of Vogel's work). Vogel's body of work feels very under-appreciated to me, when people discuss Western RPGs. Through, his grudging acceptance of Steam has helped get a bit more exposure.

I haven't really played many proper RPGs lately; more of the grind-for-loot Diablo formula where characters are just tools for killing shit or getting shit. I should do that; get back to LISA or Black Fortress, or try Child of Light.

Don't know from LISA but Child of Life is pretty as hell.

As to Black Fortress, it's quite a bit more linear than Spiderweb's usual stuff but that's not really a drawback. You still get sidequests and the writing is pretty sharp. I've started the second game, The Corruption, which has an interesting start following a character who gets conscripted rather than a volunteer like the original. It's interesting to see a different point of view.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Saori is still kind of despicable to me in the end.
Dating a bunch of girls at once and then doing one of your girlfriend's mom's while she's home? And often?
This mom seems a little too accepting, I'd say.
The author even threw in a "Mayu got a new girlfriend, so don't feel bad for her!" Doesn't mean she wasn't cruely mistreated.

Thank you. I'm almost certain that if all the elements were kept the same but Saori was a MAN there'd be a big uproar in the comments but it's a GIRL forcing herself onto her girlfriend's mother, while quadruple-timing, and we're yuri fans so this is "cute"... No.

Well, the equivalent would actually be a boy who's having affairs with four other guys in a boys' school, sexing up his boyfriend's father...

Now that I think of it, that sounds like it would sell a lot at a yaoi event.

Perhaps, but I was never speaking of an equivalent. Just one change that I'm positive would steer the responses from this series being "cute" to something completely different given the elements in the plot.

Well yes, because men's and women's social roles are unfortunately so uneven (particularly in Japan) that it basically would be horrible. It's such a different thing that it wouldn't reflect on this manga at all, positively or negatively. So you can't use that as criticism since it's essentially apples and oranges.

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 3:56PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's weird, the games I've been obsessing over lately don't have any yuri content whatsoever, the Avadon games by Spiderweb Software. Indeed, there's no romance whatsoever. Although my norm is whenever I roll a female character (this game, Skyrim, whatever) I always assume her backstory is as a lesbian.

Oh, thinking about it one of the studio's previous games, Avadon: Escape From the Pit had a canon lesbian couple who were sent to a prison colony for it and made a life there. Nice to see that sort of thing explicitly laid out in a game.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's Hong Meiling from Touhou Project, happily havign lunch. Not sure why, but I love AVs of characters eating.

I kind of miss the system LiveJournal/Dreamwidth has, where you can use different AVs for different moods. Not expecting that to actually happen here though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morishima, I am disappoint.

Far as I am aware, she only did the character designs, then both she and Ikuhara used them and the basic concept and used them on otherwise unrelated series.

So don't be disappointed in Morishima for the anime, unless I suppose you don't like her designs.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Holy fuck! That transformation tho
Wish it was that easy IRL...

From the story, it wasn't that much of a transformation since she was already pretty. She was just hiding her face with the glasses and her hair, so you couldn't see much of it clearly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Saori is still kind of despicable to me in the end.
Dating a bunch of girls at once and then doing one of your girlfriend's mom's while she's home? And often?
This mom seems a little too accepting, I'd say.
The author even threw in a "Mayu got a new girlfriend, so don't feel bad for her!" Doesn't mean she wasn't cruely mistreated.

Thank you. I'm almost certain that if all the elements were kept the same but Saori was a MAN there'd be a big uproar in the comments but it's a GIRL forcing herself onto her girlfriend's mother, while quadruple-timing, and we're yuri fans so this is "cute"... No.

Well, the equivalent would actually be a boy who's having affairs with four other guys in a boys' school, sexing up his boyfriend's father...

Now that I think of it, that sounds like it would sell a lot at a yaoi event.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch03#17
"I'll satisfy this lecher's carnal desires so that he'll not go after my girlfriend"
I've never seen this kind of deal work out in yuri's favour. Either it'll get resolved/rebuked in next 1-2 chapters, or it'll ruin whole manga.

Well, at this point we don't know if he's actually done anything, or even will do anything. But the fact that she offered herself up as sacrifice is significant.

Of course if the Student Council actually is putting events into motion then the whole situation changes. Especially if the womanizing is a front.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a very different sort of story than Morishima's norm. It's rare she does anything fantasy-related in the first place, and I can't remember much of anything that's taken a dark turn like this. Although of course Princess Sakura did both.

Nezchan Moderator
Does anyone know?? 27 Feb 10:06
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pretty sure it's a stand-alone illustration, not connected to an actual series.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait, she can rely on Ritsu? That's a new one.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 26 Feb 20:07
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, get down off your cross, we need the wood.

Mind if I use this quote? Like a lot? As in a lot, a lot?

You may also use one I made up, "Is your chair comfortable? Then GET OFF MY BACK!"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Given the context of the story, plus Ritsu's dream and their assumtions about YuiAzu, it's pretty likely that they did have sex. Offscreen, to be sure, but it makes a lot of sense when you read it through.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait, so they just up and did it right there? Man, kids are crazy~

I'm not too surprised. Partly because hormonal teenagers, but more because at the time they thought they weren't the only ones. It's like being encouraged to, especially after the earlier discussion.