Forum › Posts by majere

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

People who fight over whether a character is a top or bottom always annoys me so much because it’s just ascribing random personality traits to sex positions, and acting like top and bottom are these two immutable and incompatible identities. And it bleeds into real life too, where some people just lay down and expect someone else to do all the work for them becuase “they’re a bottom” or people getting insulted for not “acting like a top”

Any of yall seen that screenshot of a grindr convo where someone actually said “ew, tops don’t use exclamation points, they’re supposed to be dark and brooding”

Seriously, it's just a weird reinvention of gender roles based on something that's somehow even less representative of your personality than gender. Enjoying anal doesn't mean you're an "uwu soft boy cinnamom roll uwu" or whatever the fuck it means you like taking it in the ass.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

...thank god these idiots have locked each other down instead of inflicting themselves on sane adults.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Okay, look.

Yeah, the comic is implausible. Absurd, even. People aren't wrong for pointing this out, and if it takes you out of the story, that's a legitimate POV.

It's also true that it's just a comedic manga, and it's okay to not take it too seriously. Both of these things are valid perspectives based on personal preference and opinion about what kind of stories you like to read. It's okay to want stories to have some grounding in reality, it's also okay to like stories that are batshit insane.

The thing I can't countenance are the people in this topic who are like "Oh, no, this is plausible, you guys, some girls just hit puberty a little early!"

Citation needed, motherf---ers. ;p Yeah, some girls hit puberty early. They might be a little taller than average. And have a relatively buxom figure. They might even plausibly pass for a short teenager.

They're still children. They're not 170 freaking cm tall with tits bigger than their head. This premise has no grounding in reality. It's okay if you like that, but don't get so defensive about it that you ignore reality. This girl is like 20cm above the top of the range of what is considered normal for her age. That's not an early bloomer, that's gigantism.

Yeah, "This is actually a realistic representation of any 10 year old who has ever existed" is not the stance to take as to why this character is okay. This character is okay because how absurd their existence is is the primary joke of the series. I really doubt the author is expecting me to find this person who entirely looks like a grown ass woman being actually 10 years old believable.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ages of MC’s?

I’m a little weirded out, so I’m skipping this one.

Looking at the data it seems like their ages are…drawing and drawing. Looks like it’s safe.

Don't be obtuse.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I could try to make the effort necessary to follow what is happening in this truly terrible intro but it really doesn't seem worth it.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah this is one of those "This is a more realistic interpretation of a yandere" which is... so much less fun than a zany cartoon yandere

Yeah, the closer a character's behaviour is to like mundane real world behaviour the more likely I am to feel the same way about them as I would a real person which in this case means I feel repulsed and like I don't want to read about this character anymore. Terrible people need to be terrible in an outlandish fashion for me to suspend my disbelief enough to like them.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Hell yes.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I fucking love this author and their weird ass artistic idiosyncrasies.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't even read this to get off it's just one of those pieces of smut that is a good time to read just because of how good it is. Also, I don't even know why I love the fact that Kaya was perfectly normal (and in fact rather prudish) before seeing senpai masturbate awakened something in her that turned her into an insatiable little lust goblin as much as I do but it's definitely my favourite little touch this sequel added to her character.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Isn't decapitating punishment because sneaking into heaven is a difficult thing to do? How does "capital punishment because it's something easy" make sense?
... on the other hand, just because it's difficult doesn't make it a more heinous crime either, I guess ^^;

Easy to commit crimes require harsher punishments to dissuade people from doing them I guess is the mentality here. It's of course an insane mentality but that's par for the course with how heaven operates here.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ruruka is as much a scumbag piece of trash as MC, truly they're meant to be together.

This is why her getting assaulted every chapter continues to be funny because it's entirely her own fault and it would stop happening if she stopped being a petty dumbass.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I for one am absolutely checking in on the comments every so often to see if this series deviates from the tone set in the first few chapters in a way that would actually make me have any interest in reading it and I definitely appreciate those brave souls who stick around to let me know that no it does not so I can save myself the trouble.

last edited at Jul 25, 2021 8:17PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

What part of any of the MC's experiences with using this potion made her think it will ever DECREASE her chance of being molested?

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This MC is too pathetic for me to root for like come on girl have a little bit of dignity or at least don't drunkenly masturbate on a fixture in a kiddie park like a degenerate.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The thing is, sometimes you need to be on the nose so your point will get through to people. Being subtle is fine and all, but not only it can go over some people's head, but others will make a point to ignore the subtlety if the message carried goes against what they want/value.

Just take yuri. When writing such a story in a subtle way, a lot of people will ignore all the hints to assure you that "nope, they're obviously just friends". While an actual kiss will makes it harder to argue against (and yet, some might still find ways to rationalize it to fit their conceptions).

Yes, this is a caricature, overly exagerated, but the underlying point is valid. Women, especially in japan, are still often considered as just there to get married, have kids, then take care of them while the husband go earn money to provide for the whole family. Carrierist women in Japan are too often frowned upon. It's slightly better in western countries, but frankly, there are still ways to go. And the more women tries to fend for themselves, the more they tend to be pushed back.

In all time, satire has been a way to bring to light painful truth that a lot of people would rather see kept to the shadow. To me, it feels that this manga is kinda the same. You have to take it with a grain of salt, as it's exagerated, which is what caricature is, but that doesn't mean the underlying point is moot.

This is a very good post. Plenty of satire is about as subtle as a brick to the head because the point isn't to be subtle the point is to point at a shitty aspect of society and yell "This fucking sucks!" And yeah I'm sure that's annoying if the thing they're yelling about doesn't hurt you personally and you were perfectly happy ignoring it but it's also cathartic for a lot of the people that it does to have that problem recognized and denounced and maybe even get some escapist fiction where someone fights against it and wins that isn't cloaked in plausible deniability to make it more marketable.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 7:31AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is fantastic.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

this forum: "oh noes something morally questionable is happening in my mango, call the... the police! the... the fire brigade! the... the salvation army!"
also this forum: "oh noes the putative victim called bullshit on it and walked out, the bitch needs to SUFFER!"

Now excuse me while I go find my eyes, I think they rolled under the bed.

You: "Bitches and moans no matter how people react."

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 7:00AM

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

First time I've ever rooted for the blackmailer because I disliked their target so much and their demands were so meager so of course the blackmail fails and the hypocritical busybody comes out on top. Maybe I'll check in in a while and see where this is at but I dislike this FL way too much to follow this.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm still glad I put this manga on double secret probation after chapter 1 and just pop in every so often to see if it's stopped sucking because every time I pop in it sucks even more. This is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while, like some Liberty tier bullshit.

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 6:12PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's neat there will be some OCs too, maybe new relationships will happen.

Do relationships happen in YuruYuri? I was under the impression they just got noncommittally teased indefinitely.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm glad this was the chapter I decided to read to see if this manga had improved because that misunderstanding is quite possibly the worst example of idiotic forced drama I've ever seen.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

^That would be best case senario :) I've seen it done a few times too so it's not unheard of!

I think the best case scenario is that it's more like a "No Dating" policy like a lot of idols have rather than a rule of how magic works because that would both be a very funny subversion of a kind of gross "the innocence of a maiden" trope and in keeping with the bureaucratic way this series has portrayed magical girls.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I would like to give kudos, to that joint kiss joke at the end. As a big fan of the groaner, that one was a doozy.

Oh hell, that joke flew right over my head until I read this and now I want to die.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Forgot I read this already and it left just as bad of a taste in my mouth the second time around.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah ABO is too often an excuse to justify Turbo Misogyny with bioessentialism and generally just ends up feelings gross. It's like rape culture distilled into the basis of a society.