Forum › Posts by machigai kouhai

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You zip the image files and then upload it to a site like mediafire. Also if the raw isn't if high quality it's extremely hard to work on them. So if you have something that's like 800x1100 then that's probably one of the reasons why YP didn't accept it.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Mama Mama discussion 31 Mar 04:41
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Or we could have variety and just accept that people have different tastes

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Just in case you question now yuri it is Yukiko and a bunch of her friends made a 90 some pages anthology of just Sakurako and Kasumi being gay AF soooooo.

Honestly you should just read it like they're married. It's not really that far off anyway

Can u provide a site where i can read this anthology plz?

Not really, but you can purchase the pdf version from the artists on Booth. https://wakamatu.booth.pm/items/134624

Ah darn, its in japanese.No English version available?

There is no English version available afaik

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Minor consideration -- and this is just me being a drunk nitpicker who wouldn't give a shit except I used to write like this when I was younger -- I think a line like this:

"If I recall correctly, our arrangement was for you to come over on the weekend"

is stilted and ought to be replaced by

"I thought we agreed you wouldn't come over until the weekend?" or maybe "I thought you weren't going to come over until the weekend"

Other nitpicks / matters of taste:

Think "so don't expect too much, alright?" is also a tad awkward, might replace with maybe "so don't get too excited, OK?"

Similarly, I might change "...Somehow it's really embarrassing, so turn around, Umi" with "Turn around! It's embarrassing when you stare at me, Umi..." or something more like that.

But, I mean, I'm anal-retentive like that. Feel free to ignore as necessary.

Strongly encourage you to start qcing things if you don't already do that somewhere else.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Just in case you question now yuri it is Yukiko and a bunch of her friends made a 90 some pages anthology of just Sakurako and Kasumi being gay AF soooooo.

Honestly you should just read it like they're married. It's not really that far off anyway

Can u provide a site where i can read this anthology plz?

Not really, but you can purchase the pdf version from the artists on Booth. https://wakamatu.booth.pm/items/134624

machigai kouhai Uploader
Lack of good yuri :( 21 Mar 14:54
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Believe it or not yuri was still relatively obscure compared to yaoi even just a few years back. The thing is this genre is now getting more and more attention so to some of us that went through the period of literally having nothing to read, it feels like there's quite the abundance of yuri nowadays.
I mean what even was the next super obvious yuri anime after kannazuki no miko? lol

machigai kouhai Uploader
Lack of good yuri :( 20 Mar 22:36
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You'd be having a grand time with yuri right now if you can read Japanese and have the funds to import things from Japan. I'm echoing dpf on this and I feel like you might be part of the younger generation that did not endure the dark ages of "shoujo ai". Also try playing kindred spirits on the roof. It's really sweet and very well done for a game that came out about five years ago.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:36PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

In the words of the infamous Candy:
I would reject this present if I was Umi.

I'm starting a Kickstarter for Japanese lessons for Zuiccraft. Rip tmnr

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 6:40PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

TakumiEatsCats posted:

Why is Darii translated to Dolly? It doesn't make sense. Natsuki is taking bits of Riina's name to give her a nick name. RIIna taDA=Darii

The scanlators explain it here.

Taking two parts of each name and mixing them up together for a nickname is a very common thing that the Japanese do, having an opinion of what Natsuki's intentions might be is irrelevant. An opinion doesn't justify an incorrect translation.

Unless that was exactly her intention, making this a really good translation that managed to spot that word play.

By "her" do you mean Natsuki or the scanlator?

Anyway, it was a nickname born out of forgetfulness. When Natsuki couldn't remember Riina's name, her guess was "Dariina." Riina protested, so Natsuki cut it off to Darii and figured they could go with that instead.

...Vaguely related, but "Dolly" the sheep has her name written ドリー (dorii) in Japanese.

I, too, disagree with the choice (among other things). But it's the scanlator's call/opinion/interpretation, so that's that. Agree to disagree, and carry on.

Hey you moeblob you're so nice all the time. Sigh

machigai kouhai Uploader
Image Comments 12 Mar 05:00
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Hello typeset person this will help you a lot in the future. http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/

machigai kouhai Uploader
rely on me discussion 29 Feb 08:32
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Can someone tell the typesetter to hold shift key while using the free transform tool on text blocks orz

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 8:32AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

CS2 doesn't have content aware functionality but it doesn't hurt to try if you're curious. You can get it from adobe's site I think.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Well photoshop cs2 is completely free now so it's not too bad to pick it up

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Redrawing can be fun if you get used to clone stamp tool. If you have photoshop cs5 or later, you'll have access to content-aware fill and other tools of similar nature. The only downside to content-aware fill is that sometimes it picks the wrong pattern to fill, especially if you pick a very large area to use this tool on, so you might end up spending quite some time to either doing a whole bunch of small spots or having to set layer mask so it doesn't pick up wrong patterns.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Other than whatever said above I always recommend guides from futari wa pretty anon. http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/

You can learn a lot about typesetting from there and their guides are done in a really good order especially for beginners. Seeing as I no longer scanlate, the only thing I can really tell you as a reader is try to make the fonts engaging. I know most people like to use wildwords and call it good but if you actually branch out and use other fonts it makes your end product much better and give more life into the work you're doing. And the most important thing of all is don't be too lazy. It shows when you're posting releases. Quality should always be over quantity, therefore getting a QC is a really good idea. Like it's been mentioned, the more you do this the better you'll get. There are many different ways to do things so you'll eventually learn to do things that's the best for you. Good luck.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Artstyle reminded me of NaPaTa. Too bad he doesn't draw yuri.

Napata is a woman lol and so is Cuvie

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

The one image in here comes from an artist's Twitter and they already said in caption that it is futa so uh...

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

The screen is supposed to be on pana's end so what this really means is pana calls maki a lovely nickname. Also I find it funny that umi is the only one that's "Sonoda umi" on the screen.

Isn't people choose their own handle in LINE? I think densha-dan's explanation fits better(it's actually RinPana who did it though, in their classroom). But really, all this doesn't matter anyway because Obama.

It's not a theory. Yomotsuka explained it on Twitter after they posted this. And yes you can change your friend's name on your end. Like so http://i.imgur.com/jO8CXBg.jpg It doesn't actually change your friend's handle, it just changes the name displayed on your end.

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 5:43PM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Maki uses the most obnoxious handle name of them all in Line.

The screen is supposed to be on pana's end so what this really means is pana calls maki a lovely nickname. Also I find it funny that umi is the only one that's "Sonoda umi" on the screen.

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 5:04AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

oh my god... so this is a subtext? really? damn.. I thought I love yuri but someone's here even more fanatic than me if he sees subtext in this ABSOLUTELY non-yuri-related doujinshi

please my dear friend. dont tag. dont tag at all, please. i hate wasting my time on this. thank god its 4 pages. but next surely will be a nonyuri 60paged work tagged yuri. its disappointing even irritating (( dont make people nerving, make love :D

It was tagged that way because someone set this as a love live series. But one day I hope to become a perfect person like you and never make any mistakes and wasting people's time to read a four page pixiv comic. Time waits for no one after all.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Except it's not what the series is about though???? Like literally it's wrong????? It's like going into a room with a storage tag on the door only to find that it's a bathroom???? Nakatani is writing a story about a girl learning how to actually love someone and therefore using Bloom Into YOU is much more fitting and accurate as to what this story is about. It's not about Touko and Yuu dating at the end. For all we know, it may not even happen.

Also once again it's not a title someone translated and say hey lets rename it that way. It's what the author wanted and it's what's printed. It fits Nakatani's writing style because the dialogues were all somewhat poetic in that same way. I know the first chapter that's translated by ihoshiku probably doesn't do it justice but Nakatani straight up wrote a poem in the first few pages of the first chapter.

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 9:16AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Is it just me, or anybody else did not like too the "new" name of the series, too? (sorry any eng errors)

The old name is completely wrong and deviates away from the original focus of the story. Bloom Into You isn't a name we picked and chose, it was an official name taken from volume one tank.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Oh wait I did have a short fling with a very cute kind of tea for a while though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your affair with Earl Gray is your own business.

What you got against black tea?!

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Oh wait I did have a short fling with a very cute kind of tea for a while though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

machigai kouhai posted:

this is taking a turn for the worse

Just wait for the doujins...

Hoping for futa