Forum › Posts by And They Were Roommates

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Ok no no no I need more and I'm so serious, I want to see how their relationship develops from idol and fan to actual intimate partners that's not totally creepy.
Would love if it could also delve more into that whole subject of what happens to idols once they're no longer in the spotlight, and how they carry on with their every day lives.
Gosh do I love adult life yuri that's realistic, I'm glad she technically didn't break the rules to go stalk her, and took time off work when she got injured and let the relationship flow naturally, I don't feel like a lot of authors would've done that.
This story for some reason reminds me of that other one with a delivery driver also finding love, I feel like that could be a sub genre within itself.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Ticcytx-1704521182504960278-img1

here to pay my respects

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Tsunaminozazen-1704306243190632562-img1

I want a Bowsette that ACTUALLY looks like the female version of the character

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Perhaps the most depressing but realistic ending to a yuri manga I've ever read. This was really sad, but it's the reality of how things work, especially under capitalism. Makes me wonder if the author had more time to develop the story what they would've done. Would the couple have eventually settle in to the quiet little community? Would they have founded some kind of gay enclave with that other woman? We will truly never know, but it was an interesting and good story nonetheless.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

^ I think that's a white person

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

aww they look cute as brides

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

they both look white to me where's the dark skin?

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

awww this was cute, also yaaay more butch representation!

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

I can honestly say I'm gutted about this :(
also has anybody noticed the amount of adult life titles that have been getting cancelled recently?

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

I can definitely see this comic turning into like Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko or some other iyashikei story like that, where
they spend the rest of their lives there happy and peaceful.

welp so much for that

E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

predictable as hell but I really liked it it was cute, I really dig the artist's style.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with the others saying that the ending felt rushed, and it's probably because it was. Now I'm not gonna blame the author as this seems to be more of a case of the publisher rushing them to end it. That being said I thought the ending was cute, I liked how they were able to confess and talk about their emotions like reasonable adults, which seems to be a rarity in these works. It was honestly reminiscent of the ending scene of The Apartment (1960). These two are cute and I wish them the best in their relationship in a society that might not be as acceptable, especially given Hisaki's modeling career and how it can be affected by it.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Yakumakuma-1654746970278486016-img1

took me a second I had to read the tags to know who they were, holy shit this is a good parody

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Capitalism: The Comic
girl this so sad lol,
the whole point of the comic is them leaving their stressful lives in the city to go live in paradise, if they go back to the city with their tails between their legs it defeats the whole purpose of the comic.
Like others have said it's good they have family they can rely on though not many people have that, especially queer people.
I think they will stick it out though I'm hopeful
I can definitely see this comic turning into like Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko or some other iyashikei story like that, where they spend the rest of their lives there happy and peaceful.

And They Were Roommates
Roommates discussion 27 Apr 20:17
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

I'm here

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Yeah I don't know about this one, like I get it's a one shot but it still felt super rushed. That girl should've just minded her business and let things happen on their own. That kiss at the end felt...performative, it felt like that thing that some straight women do where they kiss another woman in front their boyfriends and other men for the shock factor, it didn't feel genuine. But who knows maybe she did develop feelings for her and all this needs it's a part 2. Also did anybody else get like a Nana vibe from this? I'm sorry I know I've said this before about other stories, but all roads always lead me there lol.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Alright so since all my comments got deleted here it goes again. This is super cute, it's great to see stories like these featuring older protagonist; which is quite rare. The relationship between the grandma and the granddaughter is adorable, love to see it. And those three ladies at the end were absolutely adorable as well.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Omychan2-1645583962717184000-img1

It's never bad seeing more Lumity content on here now that the show is over I'm gonna miss them