Forum › Posts by astroboy

astroboy
Earth Girls discussion 10 Dec 08:06
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

All hail Mira, goddess of yuri. This is probably one of the best series I didn't know I wanted. How do you even come up with prehistoric yuri lol

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Should clarify that the title should be

White Clover's Love

The original title is 白詰草の恋 (Shirotsumekusa no Koi), or White Clover's Love. Dunno if that has a double meaning in Japanese, but yeah. It's pedantic, but the

's

part helps a bit.

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

It's sad that such a great series has so few fanwork. Thank you for translating this! It was quite the treat.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Thanks for the release, it's really great. Just something I noticed on page 4

...so I sneaked out and here I am!

Shouldn't it be "snuck out"?

Other than that, it's perfect. Thanks again! (I wonder if there'll be an increase of Christmas stories as we get closer to December, there's been at least two posted this month already...)

last edited at Oct 14, 2013 5:41PM

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

This is a pretty awesome AU, thanks for the translation, whoever did it!

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

WOW that was like a slap in the face to all KyoYui fans XD

Also to me because I ship AyanoKyo. But they were both like screw her! we don't need her and we can screw eachother!

Huh, funnily enough I ship KyoYui and I interpreted that as she was kind of taking out her frustrations on not being able to get further with her on Ayano or something.

Either way, this was a pretty OOC doujin to begin with so I doubt anyone took offense.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

I kinda hope that page 24 actually happened in one of the timelines...

astroboy
K-dan! discussion 25 Aug 18:05
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Suddenly realized how glad I am the K-On cast's all girls, hoooly crap. This felt...weird.

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

I was in the /a/ thread this was scanlated in and I have to say, they did goddamn magic with it. The raws looked much, much worse before and the typesetter did a great job. Nice to see it released on Dynasty.

astroboy
Yuyushiki discussion 20 Aug 15:33
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Thank you for your hard work!

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Thank you Fly By Yuri! This series is ridiculously cute.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Tae is so cute, good lord. My glasses and long dark hair + tsundere fetish is hnghing.

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

This was really cute, thanks for the hard work!

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Artist doesn't have a pixiv but she has a blog here: http://blog.sina.com.cn/czrdian
She did this one too: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/what_kind_of_expression_would_mikasa_ackerman_do

If possible her artist tag on Dynasty could be "czrdian" as I can't into pinyin. If anyone can actually read Chinese it'd be great.

astroboy
DEKATORIS discussion 28 Jul 21:25
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

BUT - I DO think the best is when the style is EXACTLY the same as the anime or manga- (obviously dosnt apply to origional works).
Lets face it- if you are making a doujin of a show- that means its because you like that anime/manga- its style and/or characters, and want to have them do stuff they cant in the origionals (since they have to go on TV or sell to a wider audience).

Even though we're talking about opinions, I don't really get that. If you're going to make a doujin, and draw it and everything, I don't get why you'd make it look exactly like the anime/manga - if I wanted to see the official style, I'd go and watch/read the source material. Same thing with fanart. You're reading the doujin to see someone else's personal take on it, and if the personal take is just basically them regurgitating the source material with a twist for "wish fulfillment" then what's the point? So long as the art is good, the story is enjoyable, and the characters are intact, there's not really a reason to practically copy/paste the original anime. It's kind of demeaning to the doujin artist to say "We don't care what your personal take on ___ is, just make it look like the original and it's pretty much great".

That aside, this guy's art is slightly creepy (probably just the wonky facial proportions) so I get the dislike towards the art, at least. Futa's definitely alright in my book, and it's been added in "needlessly" in other doujins, so that was alright. The characters just felt a little off, and it isn't a great doujin overall. But some people out there might like it, so kudos to them.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

This...was something. Dem titties.

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

HAH!? So this is a sequel!!? (<- An idiot who just got what p0015 means)

Yeah. Link to prequel just in case: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_love_you_so_much

last edited at Jul 23, 2013 1:23PM

astroboy
M discussion 21 Jul 19:51
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

There's a typo on page 3 ("You dropped it in front of me [earlyer]" should be "You dropped it in front of me [earlier]"). Otherwise thank you for this release Namassuka!

astroboy
Unit discussion 20 Jul 10:44
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

No worries! Good timing too, as I was just adding "Mori" as an alias. Added "Daishinrin" as well. Went ahead and added the final (probably?) part of this little series here: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sss Will get the artist's other works shortly.

For future reference, we use the ??? tag for works with an unknown artist. Which you can find here: http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/blank

Thanks kindly for that. Just wanted to make sure the artist/author was sourced since his doujins were a good read. Good work!

astroboy
Unit discussion 19 Jul 13:38
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Sorry for the messed up tag suggestion (tried to type in Author:Mori but accidentally pressed the enter key and it submitted it). I mistakenly thought that the author "unknown" was actually unknown and was about to suggest that it be changed to Author: Mori or Author:Daishinrin, but it wasn't at all. Thanks for hosting this, sorry for the trouble!

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

I was hoping this would get picked up! Thanks Maigo for picking this up, it's a great series.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Pretty funny that I recently was getting back into Azumanga and then this gets uploaded to Dynasty. This series is awesome though, thanks for putting it up!

astroboy
Falling discussion 03 Jul 20:37
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

It's kinda cute but could've used more (it was incredibly short) and the artist could've upped the contrast so it was easier to see and so it didn't look so blurry. Higher contrast != super sharp black and white though, I think they could've found a balance. Overall it was okay but lacking.

astroboy
Aiura discussion 29 Jun 22:57
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

It's rather Yuyushiki-ish. Not really yuri at all, but with occasional jokes and hints about that kind of thing.

I would have to disagree. Yuyushiki was pretty direct ("little bean" comment, for one - and the way-too-many-to-count confessions of love) even if it was still a pretty SoL-type anime. Personally Aiura was less yuri than Hida Sketch, but that was just because I couldn't really get into any subtext there might've been. Maybe Saki/Kanaka, but I really couldn't see anything.

last edited at Jun 29, 2013 10:57PM

astroboy
Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

I hope this gets updated more (and more frequently), it's a really funny manga. Thanks for the hard work, Ara Scans!