Forum › Posts by Skywallker

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Makino no! You were supposed to be the one who wasn't blinded by fantasy!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

And thus natori becomes active

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The setup is a bit muddled but I'm looking forward to what comes next

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Considering Shinto rules, Aizawa beginning to despair could very well make her highly dangerous. I don't see why Michi would have put up some safeguard that would hurt herself if Aizawa would see her notice her. Going by how shy Michi is in the photograph vs how normal she was in the old flashback it's possible that she carried ghost trauma before even meeting Aizawa.

Michi having ghost trauma is one of the first things about her past we learn, remember the flashback of her attempting to help a little girl, only to realize the girl is a ghost missing its eyes?

That's what I meant by the old flashback

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So it REALLY needs to specifically be a finger in order to register Nadeshiko ? Cause Akane was pretty much face deep into her danger zone there, definitely plenty of DNA exchanging happening. I should probably not be looking for logic in my silly boner comedy yuri manga I guess :⁠-⁠P

Yeah, it involves a fingerprint scanner

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is this the first time Akane has done Nadeshiko?

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm thoroughly confused. Why did Honami turn into an ectoplasm monster?

Because mc denied ever knowing her

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'll write up what I think is happening in chapter 16, since it's fairly confusing. The manga doesn't expect you to know all this yet, so if you're confused that's perfectly fine. But there's been enough hints that some very reasonable guesses can be made. This is a dense manga and I think on a re-read you'll notice many details that bring this all together.

An abridged(lol) speculative summary of the story so far:

Aizawa and Michi met and became best friends during her brief time at school. Aizawa was busy as an idol but also sick with what might have been a curse. She likely met Michi through her investigating this curse, which would allow most of their meetings to happen outside school. This is important because practically no one has seen them together.

Michi was a fledgling exorcist and connected with Karasuma. Something happened at the Obon festival 2~3 months ago, where she took Aizawa, and Aizawa died a few days after. This is one of the hardest periods to guess now, but Michi seems to have drawn up the marks around school to bind Aizawa's spirit, establish a barrier that kept powerful ghosts out, and then lost her memories. It's important to note she was trying to protect Aizawa from something, and it's debatable whether losing her memories was a result of the binding or part of the same curse that killed Aizawa.

There is also something preventing Michi from acknowledging Aizawa. If she tries to speak to her, reality breaks down, Michi suffers physically, and her memories are erased again. (However this could be a safeguard of Michi's creation, which I'll get to later.) There is also a younger version of Michi who appears when she's unconscious and protects her/Aizawa. Young Michi seems to be some kind of independent guard system possibly embodying Michi's unused/sealed exorcist powers. But whatever power she was given is finite and running out.

Now that her powers are fading, the marks around school are also disappearing, including the one binding Aizawa to Michi. This could potentially limit her to the classroom again, where the original mark was. But the barrier is also broken, allowing stronger and more dangerous ghosts through. The ghost haunting De:Lphinus seems connected to Aizawa, since it reacts to her being forgotten and Non thought its voice sounded like Aizawa. It's currently possessing Ange to reach Aizawa.

As a lingering spirit, Aizawa has an unfulfilled desire trapping her in the world of the living. Hers is to be an immortal idol, never forgotten. Being forgotten triggers an extreme response, and she struggles to control her emotions. In chapter 15 she unconsciously possessed Kasumi after Michi called her her best friend, likely because Aizawa was Michi's best friend before. In chapter 16 Michi denies ever knowing Aizawa, causing her to become grotesquely misshapen, her features dissolving away.

While this frightens Michi out of her mind, I don't think she was in any danger. Rather, Aizawa was truly dying here. Being forgotten by the person she cares about most was too much for her spirit to survive. Different to what happened in chapter 12, this started with Michi denying knowing her, not when she acknowledged her. If it weren't for Young Michi Aizawa might have slipped away into nothingness.

Which brings me back to Michi being unable to speak to Aizawa: if Michi knew this could happen, her being unable to acknowledge Aizawa might be a rough safeguard to prevent Aizawa from finding out she'd been forgotten. Michi didn't seem to have a plan beyond keeping the status quo as long as possible.

Sayaka is another spiritualist at school with no connection to Michi. She has no idea what Michi and Aizawa have been through, but recognizes Aizawa is a ghost and that Michi made the marks binding her. It's purely speculation, but my guess is she plays dumb when it comes to ghosts to treat them like normal living people. This would prevent cases like Aizawa from being shocked into formlessness or worse. I think she's still not the brightest though.

It's also worth mentioning Aizawa seems to remember everything from the start, unlike Michi. She also likely knows Michi can see her, or at least does after this chapter. Though I'm not sure if Sayaka is aware Michi can see ghosts.

The play at the start of the chapter is a blatant parallel to Michi and Aizawa's situation. Aizawa came back out of a desire to be remembered. If Michi fails to remember her, terrible things happen.

Karasuma is a professional exorcist who perhaps took Michi under her wing. She knows the whole situation with Aizawa and recognizes her as a unique and potentially very dangerous ghost. Her visit in chapter 13 likely came after learning that Aizawa was causing harm and on her way to turning wrong. But she admits there's still hope for something better with Aizawa, which all depends on Michi's influence and protection. The end of the KogaFes arc will be Michi's big test on whether she can protect Aizawa, both from herself and predatory ghosts.

But all this pales in comparison to the revelation Seta indeed has 2 moms.

Considering Shinto rules, Aizawa beginning to despair could very well make her highly dangerous. I don't see why Michi would have put up some safeguard that would hurt herself if Aizawa would see her notice her. Going by how shy Michi is in the photograph vs how normal she was in the old flashback it's possible that she carried ghost trauma before even meeting Aizawa.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

When bis sister made her reveal my gut reaction was to imagine that the next panel would be mc slapping her

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hah, you though Tsu was the protagonist? The true protagonist just made her move

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

M&M now has a toxic Matron

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Nadeshiko had succeeded ages ago, but Akanes bad lifestyle meant that her succes wasn't resolved

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What's the betting that Asumi and Nanao end up going together to try and find Mai as a team?

Sound fishy

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm not sure about happy ending, she doesn't seem entirely into it

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She really is the ultimate stalker

"I have already borne your child, let's get married"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Sorry, I haven't read the entire topic, but I will say that the MC could be gender-fluid or even gender-apathetic. I know personally, I'd love to be able to flip between bodily configurations freely, based entirely on whim. The MC did express that he's not exactly comfortable with the situation, but his love for his GF outweighs that. At this point, it really is just "wait and see".

The awkwardness he has shown would indicate that he is neither

I think it's pretty clear that the story is about "pick your poison, get cursed or lose your love" and he is gonna do the boyish thing and cling on to his love with no clear plan about how he's gonna deal with it

She on the other hand seem to be bi as fuck, and if their family has carried that curse for generations then that might be an evolution, considering what will happen to all their partners

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well of this is what we are talking about then so be it

From my perspective the MC seems like a perfectly regular reserved boy. Who has neither shown any indication of not caring about genders nor being obsessed with them.

He lives with his grandpa and isn't very outgoing, desperately wants his romance to succeed, has a decent backbone, not used to being adventurous, bit of an overthinker.

Rather normal on most fronts

^This is what I'm talking about, my argument and very similar perception of the character.
And we have now supernatural element replacing this very regular boy into situation in which every trans guy finds himself.
Manga makes it look like "regression", contra transition (going backward of what usually happens in reality)

And this is very good example to show that every trans guy or girl, placed in right body assigned sex, would be just regular like any other cis person (like MC in his original form).
If you can catch my point and what I'm trying to explain to people.
You would not be able to find anything strange about them.
That's why transition is very important for majority of us and should not be denied or strictly controlled by some kind of "authorities" who are giving to themselves rights to make decision about our own destiny.
It's not human, it's degrading.

I have seen people I would have never suspected come out as trans

But with that said I'm in that boring camp that thinks that just because a story has gender bender it doesn't mean it's about being transgender. "What of someone ended up in an impossible experience" is one of the oldest setups ever

But of there are people who feel seen then good for them

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Just waiting for her to snap

One of these chapters has to be senpai comforting Her

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well of this is what we are talking about then so be it

From my perspective the MC seems like a perfectly regular reserved boy. Who has neither shown any indication of not caring about genders nor being obsessed with them.

He lives with his grandpa and isn't very outgoing, desperately wants his romance to succeed, has a decent backbone, not used to being adventurous, bit of an overthinker.

Rather normal on most fronts

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I mean, it is a childhood dream she is fighting for, ganbaru and all that

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That literally only just happened this chapter and it honestly feels out of character for Nadeshiko because she's been so open-minded in every other chapter. Before now it's been perfectly reasonable to imagine our three main characters uniting in a polycule and fighting Nadeshiko's weird Dr. Wily mom lol

How so? Nadeshiko has almost from the very start felt bad about this, even as she's tried to be more open-minded as her function as a sex robot dictated. She did indeed offer sharing Akane when she first met Jun, but then immediately realized she could not do it.

and

Yeah. You haven't read the story if you think Nadeshiko was ever fine with sharing Akane. Not that Akane did much to earn her devotion.

I have read the series, I guess I'm just conflicted because I can see a reality where an equal footing poly relationship between these three could work, but the more I think about the series the more it feels like the author thinks monogamy is the only way love works, which bothers me personally but alas

I don't really see that reality, Jun and Akane has never been on equal footing, Akane sees Jun as a little sister. Their relationship is closer to when Finn the human was crushing on Princess Bubblegum in early adventure time.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Jun did a not bratty thing, pop open the champagne!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Oooo from the author of Swap Swap!

So far this chapter was cute, but nothing groundbreaking. I'm curious what the author has in store though since I adored Swap Swap.

so the story wasn’t bad for a first chapter, but you needed to day some bad about the story anyway! the majority of the Yuri stories aren’t “groundbreaking” in the LEAST, do you remind every one that every time you read a story?

it will had been something else if some one was praising the story to hell and back so you can remind them this ain’t “groundbreaking”

I realize that the overabundance of entertainment today has skewed an average person's perception of what's worth engaging with, but is there really a point in getting angry over what amounts to a "well, it's ok" comment?

Oh the confusion on the comment section for reviewers who use 5/10 as 'average' instead of 8/10

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Oooo from the author of Swap Swap!

So far this chapter was cute, but nothing groundbreaking.

Cute but nothing groundbreaking describes swap swap too. And it was glorious

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Thanks, I already hate Nestlé-senpai or whatever the f her name is.
I hope the merger isn't permanent.

She's clearly made out to be an antagonist since the whole reason they are fighting for their club is that it's their special place to act like a couple