Queenky
12/31 discussion 25 Aug 04:30
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Ending the year with a bang, I see.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Also, is no one going to talk about how Touko changed shoes at some point?

Yuu changed shoes, too, between pages 5 and 7. They're both wearing indoor shoes but we saw them both running with regular shoes.

last edited at May 2, 2019 3:36PM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I love getting more of Kaede, but I really miss Konatsu, and now we gotta wait two months to see her side of the story (hopefully).
Sneaky, sneaky Fuyuki snapping a pic of the photo with his phone!

Queenky
Image Comments 24 Apr 04:51
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011
65550697_p0

Yeah, if only the scanlators had made some nice infographic to explain things properly! ... Oh, wait!

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Koyuki, I love you, I do, but you have to understand that Konatsu might be dense but she definitely can’t read minds, ya know?

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Ah, I’m gonna miss this manga so much! It seems like yesterday when the first chapter appeared here on dynasty, and by now I’ve reread it all more times than I can count, it’s definitely one of my favourite manga. Thank you MiamMiam team, thank you Lyendith for your hard work and for the patience you’ve had in dealing with some of the comments on the series.

Now, Canno-sensei, please give us a spinoff and give poor Uehara a girlfriend already!!

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

I am just not sure if volume 7 really ended in chapter 39, and chapter 40 is the start of the new volume...

It did, Nakatani said so on her twitter: vol 7 is over and the tankoubon will be out on April the 27th, and that same day chapter 40 will be out on Dengeki Daioh.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Finally, I will never respect this fanbase, for reasons previously stated.

This fanbase won’t lose sleep over it, thankfully.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

She better grovel.

I'm still hoping that we get a chapter from Yuu's perspective where she got advice as well before they meet again though.

According to the preview pics for the next chapter on Nakatani’s twitter, your wish could very well be fulfilled.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Everyone - Kase included - seems to gloss over this panel.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

“They’re finally getting a proper look at Koyuki”, indeed.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

The timeskip left me a bit disappointed, honestly. Last chapter ended with Koyuki wanting to talk to Konatsu about “tons and tons of things”, but it doesn’t look like there’s been much progress in that regard.

I wanted to see Konatsu’s reaction to the frog plushie, too, but since we don’t even know if Koyuki decided to give it to her, I wonder if it’ll come back later as a plot point.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Yamada's crotch and Kase-san

I want this as the title for the next chapter, please.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Does anyone have the Japanese dialogue of what Kase said to Yamada? Not that I think the translations are bad, but having the original intent might be useful for all this rampant speculation.

Here you go.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Deliciously dense Nozomi is way much WORSE and painful compared to common PKE dense Eli.
Was this after the "Nozomi goes by herself on college searching and Eli gets mad" or the "Eli throws a tantrum at Nozomi because she went to Maki and Umi for studies instead of her"? My memory is a bit foggy someone remind me.

The second one, I have the SID here next to me. They quarrel, they make up, they hug for 4-5 pages or so and then they act like a married couple at Nozomi's while Eli helps her studying.

Queenky
Kase-san discussion 04 Feb 03:28
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Doesn't this new chapter belong in the sequel?

EDIT: I was right:

https://imgur.com/a/snMEs

What? That’s just the title, “Going to Tokyo and Kase-san”.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

On the matter of Kase-san and her previous relationships or lack thereof, the volume version of "Crepe and Kase-san" is a bit more fleshed out than the magazine version we currently have. Here's a post from /u/ by an anon who owns the volume:

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Is anyone else pissed off that those translators just skipped that many chapters?

I... have no words, really.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Since these are special chapters do they actually fit anywhere canonically? Or are they separate from the main story chapters?

These comics are meant to be read as a continuation\behind the scenes of the episodes of the DVDs they're bundled with, therefore:

The HaruYuu (dvd volume 2) takes place sometime after episode 3a, in which we see Haruka join the meet committee to have a sports festival because Yuu wanted to be a cheerleader. (It's the episode where Mitsuki sees Haruka for the first time - or she doesn't, because her glasses were broken)

The KotoShizu (dvd volume 4) happens immediately after episode 7a, Kotone and Shizuku are back at Shizuku's after the swimming contest with Kotone's younger sister, when everyone got to know about Kotone's arranged marriage.

The KaeYuzu (dvd volume 6) happens right in the middle of episode 12a, during the graduation party for Mitsuki and Rina. Yuzu and Kaede are supposed to do impersonations of Mitsuki and Rina (they're even dressed for the part) but Kaede gets overwhelmed and Yuzu drags her to the other room, this comics happens, and in the anime we see the remaining of the scene.

ETA: the KotoShizu was translated on /u/ years ago, we decided to make our own version as well, for completion's sake.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 4:37AM

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Where does chapter 26 pickup from exactly? Is it after the graduation from the anime?

The anime covers the manga up until volume 3, chapter 8. We skipped all those chapter and picked up from there onwards. If you've seen the anime and start reading from chapter 26 (aka volume 3, chapter 9) you won't have missed anything at all.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Hmm, what does that "drawing job" thing in the end mean?

It's a pun, you can find the explanation in the release post on Lazylily's site.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

What happened to chapter 35?

Right there, between chapter 34 and 36.

Queenky
Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Well shit, who will work on this now? (also this may sound very harsh but im kinda glad it wont be lazy lily any-more, for a fansub group all they did was moan and shout at each other, it was doomed from the start)

I've been the editor for Sakura Trick since April, and not even once I witnessed shouting at each other. Furthermore, the "hiatus" post is dated november 9, and yet we released a new chapter yesterday, didn't we? We just have a really really lazy translator, which complicates matters. I love this stupid manga too much to let it go, so as long as I'm on board I'll do whatever I can to keep it going. If people are glad it won't be us anymore, I just hope someone else will pick it up, then.