Forum › Posts by Lyendith

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh come on, this is too quick. =[

And now I look stupid for saying the story was not over, lol

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 1:41PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

edit: also, I looked up what publication this is in. why does it feel like every. single. yuri manga runs in a shonen magazine?

I think AnoKiss is the series that started this trend, in fact… or maybe Sasameki Koto just before it. Then YagaKimi happened and there was no turning back. Dengeki Daioh has at least one other yuri at the moment, actually (though I haven’t read it).

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 7:45PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hmm… Chapter 10 isn’t the last one, but the development is still pretty damn fast. Whether we just finished the prologue or it will end next chapter is hard to tell.

Ah, fuck, I’m becoming anxious too now. >.>

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ About that page… It’s interesting because it’s actually a bit more ambiguous in Japanese, due to how interchangeable names and pronouns are.

img

Shiro: "Tsuuka, kore ningyô chau mon!!"
Kon: "Kaijû naa…"
Shiro: "Kaijû wa kono shima ni mo Hisondon ya de!! Sou… ano ’Kaijuu ana’ ya. Kon-nee mo mukashi mita ttsuttotta shi." ("There’s a kaijû on this island too! Ya know… in that ’Monster’s hole’. Kon-nee even said that she saw it once.")
Mom(?): "Ii kara katazuke naa!"
Kon: "Anta ni sono hanashi shitakke…?"

I naturally assumed he was addressing her directly when I translated, henche the "you", but he could just as well be talking about her.

And between that chapter and the latest one, he only seems to talk about Kon in the past tense (he doesn’t seem panicked about her disappearance either). Sooo… nothing’s sure, but if Kon was dead all along, it would still make sense.

Or maybe we’re just reading too much into it. :P

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 6:53PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

And she's nowhere near to passing the exam yet!

…Oh yeah, that was one of Mayuki’s goals, wasn’t it. XD

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

She didn’t really "jump", she tried to catch it and fell in the process.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wonder why Furuka is so uncomfortable when talking to the kids… It’s not just that they’re too noisy, she seems to have an almost allergic reaction to them…

last edited at Dec 23, 2020 8:49PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don’t know, it does feel like a lot happens in this chap, but in the end it’s focused on Akira spilling the beans after several chapters of keeping everything for her. She’s like a pressure cooker that just exploded.

Now Rin knows that Akira likes her and that Mayuki likes Akira, Akira knows that Rin likes Mayuki and Mayuki likes her, and Mayuki knows that Akira likes Rin but not that Rin likes her.

Just like we had several chapters of Akira being jealous, I assume we’re gonna have at least a couple chapters of Rin being insecure.

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 1:33PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

You do all realize the story’s not over yet, right? >.>

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Forgetting their names is one thing, but forgetting their existence? >.>

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

She has that moe factor, huh. You just want to take care of her. :P

I like Sumire’s positive mindset at the end, in any case!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It’s in the table of contents on Dengeki’s website, so yes.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those wondering, last month’s extra is already translated, it’s just awaiting proof and ts. ^^

It’s centered on one of Mayuki’s buddies.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ Depends on what we mean by "gay" to begin with. Between "gay" and "het" I assume there’s a whole spectrum of bisexuality from "gay but a little het" to "het but a little gay", which somewhat blurs the line.

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 10:08PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wonder if Mayuki has realized that she barely needs any "practice" with kissing with her current level. She’s basically just hooked on it at this point.

Meanwhile, Akira is amusingly in the classic "your head says no but your body says yes" position you often see in hentai. X)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Did you just answer to yourself? XD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Rin looks thirsty af on that poster…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Uhm, I… can’t write comments as deep and detailed as those above, but I’m glad this kind of discussion is happening. X)

Now I’m seeing two possible developments for chapter 8:
1 − Akira suddenly becomes terrified and runs away, which Mayuki takes as a rejection of her feelings (and then goes to seek reassurance in Rin’s arms?)
2 − Akira apologizes to Mayuki for looking down on her and confesses that she has never kissed and is in love with Rin

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I have to wonder what happened for Canno’s characters to get this… horny. AnoKiss’s girls (especially early AnoKiss) were ridiculously chaste by comparison. It might be Kawauchi’s infulence.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It would be funny if Akira was the one who now asked Mayuki to teach her about kissing to impress Rin…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm glad Akira figured out Mayuki's feelings for her so quickly.

I’m honestly surprised it took her this long to figure it out. It’s not like Mayuki was subtle about it. >.> Though Akira has a lot of fangirls (and boys) so she probably thought Mayuki was no different.

Anyway, I’m loving the composition in this chap. The scene at the distributor, especially − at first Akira doesn’t look at Mayuki at all, but then we have this brilliant two-panel shot of Mayuki walking past her as she realizes she’s not as "superior" as she thought.

Same with the three panels of Mayuki gradually taking the high ground during the kiss.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

does anyone have a link where to buy the released volume 1 please? thanks very much

You have sites like E-Book Japan or Bookwalker.jp if you wanna read online. For physical import, there’s Ami-Ami, I think?

Hi! I'm a new fan. Anyone know how quick they translate this manga? I know chapter 7 it out in Japan, just curious because it looks so so good.

We translate within 2 or 3 weeks, usually.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 7:40AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 7 is already out in Japan!

Hello, food delivery, I got a humble pie for Ms. Akira.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That’s note entirely true. Chapter 3 did show that she had at least some consideration for Rin’s feelings, hence why she didn’t confess right away. It’s only now that said feelings are being directed at someone else that Akira’s thoughts start to become toxic. Before that she could tell herself that maybe their relationship would just evolve naturally with time and that she could safely confess then; she doesn’t have that luxury now, so she’s panicking.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Okay, that "ghost Kon" theory seems weirdly plausible after rereading the whole thing. >.>