Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh wow, Takemiya Jin is now playing Fate/Grand Order, that's kinda great. 2017 is sure having an interesting start. I pray that the gatcha isn't too harsh on her.

Edit: Dang it, her friends list is already full in-game; that was really fast.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 12:31PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The option to add to a list is placed here:

Go to any specific chapter or series that you want to add, and click that button next to the username to show that drop-down menu. Click any of those that appear to add to that specific list. And it's no problem at all! No need to apologize.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 2:30PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 31 Dec 12:26
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The only hope we had for yuri was Grand Order first order but they picked the male lead... I guess they don't like it.

Fate/Extra could easily have a lot of blatant yuri as well though if they pick female protagonist; arguably more than Grand Order tbh. The disappointment from not getting Gudako is acceptable as long as anime female Hakuno exists.

Phew, that's Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel movie trilogy + Fate/Extra + Fate/Apocrypha + Fate/Grand Order. Yeah, we'll be getting quite a bit of Fate anime next year.

Edit: I must say though that Fate/Extra PV was much more interesting for me than the Apocrypha one. Apocrypha was as expected of what it would look like as an anime, but Extra had all that usual surreal/weird stuff from Shaft piled in with Saber asking a skeleton (Hakuno?) if it was her master combined with the piano background music.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 1:05PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 31 Dec 12:02
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Apocrypha is being done by A-1 Pictures I think. I would be excited solely for Mordred and Astolfo except that Jeanne and Siegfried romance was pretty cringe.

Edit: Apocrypha branches out from the mainline series as well for those who want to know, but unlike Fate/Extra where the world changed completely, Fate Apocrypha still follows all that shtick with the families and magi and only branches out marginally from the mainline series, so background knowledge of mainline series would be more important here. Also no yuri iirc.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 12:09PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 31 Dec 11:41
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Nope. To be honest, what I liked about Fate/Extra is that it's a completely separate timeline from the mainline series, which is good for me since I hate Fate/Stay Night. You might miss a reference here and there if they decide to add those in like they did in the game, but aside from that it's definitely not a requirement.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Bless this Oshiyama person, even in the part where having boys would've made sense they still weren't to completely extinguish any potential for het pairings.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 31 Dec 10:55
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2phsbuTN8

Please don't screw me over 2016, this is literally the dream for me; I just saw the female version of Hakuno in this PV of the Fate/Extra anime. I will forever praise Studio Shaft if they did the unexpected and picked the female version of the protagonist to pair with Saber, since all signs pointed that they would most likely pick the male one (since drama cd and manga used the male version and they already had a voice actor for the male version from drama cd + heteronormative pairings and all that).

On the other hand, female Hakuno was always ahead in popularity polls, with the most recent one I've seen had 50+ characters in between her and the male version, so this move makes sense too.

This is also relevant to blatant yuri since there's oh-so-many moments in-game of these two plus Rin and Rani. A++ yuri if they follow those events.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Objectively speaking, I would recommend Highway Blossoms as well for that price tag. As for me though, that ending was far too cliche for my liking. I was seeing things coming a mile away and for someone like me where the ending can make or break something, this particular ending left a bad taste in my mouth; pretty sure it's the reason I took a long break from OELVN's for a while.

I also didn't expect to get miffed at those sex scenes. They made sense for the character, but they were pretty tasteless moves by the MC - especially the first one.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Best part is anybody who got this genuinely upset by this news during Christmas because they want to keep their waifu probably deserved to have a not-so-happy Christmas to begin with, while everybody else treats it like a Christmas present. Win-win. You did good Blizz.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

That's possibly the most "straight dude pretending to be a girl for trolling purposes" comment I've ever seen.

Tbh this is what I thought too, but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt at least.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I don't get these comments

"I felt awful since the reveal bcs u horribly stereotyped Tracer based on her looks&personality, as someone who looks similar..
..and it feels horrible to be reduced to a stereotype based on how u look/act esp since its so common. There were tears.

..so thanks for making me feel like I don't exist/don't matter. Happy holidays to you, mine feel less cheerful thanks to this"

Since they specifically solely mention their own appearance in relation to Tracer, it's probably a straight girl with a similar appearance to Tracer who has been stereotyped as gay based on her looks/attitude alone. I'm guessing they're saddened that it's erasing the existence of straight tomboys so Blizzard made them feel like "they don't exist/don't matter."

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'll just use that question to plug:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Godfathers
If there's one anime movie that you should watch during Christmas, this is probably that one.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Personally, I like that they treat that as something casual and normal instead of making a big deal out of it (well, the whole buzz they built beforehand aside). It feels more like "some people are gay, doing gay things like the normal people they are".

And using Tracer who's pretty much Overwatch poster girl is a nice touch in my opinion, instead of using a more "minor" character. Or an even more cliché one than a tomboyish girl (like Zarya).

I'm of the same opinion. Poster girl being queer + it being treated so casually is a win-win in my book.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 21 Dec 23:32
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
By_loup%20sauvage

^I really want Junkrat and Roadhog to be canon, urgh. They're so adorable together.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/Pa4lhuS.png

Aaah, this kind of reaction is amazing at this point. We've really reached a new level of gal pals.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 20 Dec 20:29
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
Mooooom

You're not the only one with that inb4 statement; I've seen a lot of people call that already.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh yes, gameplay wise my only real complaint about Soul Set is that it doesn't distinguish the unimportant choices with the important ones that alters the route - which results in a lot of back and forth. It's definitely much more tedious than the Zero Escape games in terms of gathering information to help yourself progress and get different endings.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 7:41AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The Soul Set visual novel so far has been good. If I were to give an unfairly short description of it, I would call it a poor man's Zero Escape game with dating sim elements since in order to progress in some routes you have to obtain information from another. For those wanting to play this game only for the yuri, the routes dedicated to male characters needn't be romantic.

A small bit of warning for those people who are sensitive in terms of yuri, Soul Set's Shira is actually a guy who just likes to cross-dress. The game specifically mentions there are no changes in gender identity; he just likes to wear frilly clothes. It's nowhere near something like the Ladykiller VN where there was no way to opt out (recently patched in though), since your character can cut the romance short after finding out.

Another warning that I feel like is actually worth watching out for would be that the pursuable character Shirr is an inexperienced lesbian who was tempted by this other male character who made her an offer to spare her life if she slept with him, but at a later time. He supposedly didn't know she was a lesbian and the protagonist (who knows the male character) presumes he just made the offer solely to mess with her head by planting the idea in her and would consider it a "success" if she ended up going to him in the end by herself. Her angst in the romance part of her route is that she was having an "existential crisis" when she realized she was almost looking forward to sleeping with him and that she felt really relieved when she immediately developed a crush on the protagonist after meeting her for the first time because being attracted to girls is the norm for her. To provide more context, Shirr is shown to like being dominated and I guess that might have something to do with her reaction towards him. I'm personally not very comfortable with this one but your mileage may vary.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

What happens after Chapter 12:
http://i.imgur.com/I9IGjDL.png

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 8:35PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Aah, more m k. It's a good day today.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Dec 11:29
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
Cy9cfxdxgaajuxl

^I have no problem with the guess at all, just thought it was quite a jump considering this is a pokemon game and these kinds of games don't have explicit romance let alone a route.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 16 Dec 00:48
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
Cy9cfxdxgaajuxl

...?
People, it's a pokemon game. The only way you can get a 'forced het route' is if you accidentally pick the male protagonist and are magically unable to re-pick, then for some reason decide to willfully interpret every scene with Lillie in a romantic way. You could also squint really hard and purposely interpret every interaction with any semi-significant male character as romantic.

There you go, you put yourself into a position where you can somehow call it a (self-imposed) forced het route.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 15 Dec 23:28
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
Cy9cfxdxgaajuxl

...why would it go down a 'forced het romance route' when there's no legitimate romance route to begin with?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

"I stick to a rule that boys are no good for main characters"

Is it bad that I absolutely have no problems with this rule, at least most of the times sometimes?