Forum › Posts by halmoni

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Chapter 20 has been put up!
LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

I really do not think these are difficult concepts to grasp, but whatever. I am over the entire conversation.

But statistically it is unrealistic. By unrealistic, I don't mean that it's impossible to happen in real life, I simply mean that it's unlikely to happen. I'm pretty sure said social relations depend heavily on your culture and your geographical location. I don't think the gist of my arguments were very difficult to understand either, but clearly it's not my problem if you don't.

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:41PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

So, realistically any queer person living in a queer community or simply engaging in queer culture in a major city can easily go through their social lives without having prolonged conversations or meaningful engagement with the opposite sex. I haven't had male friends (much less straight male friends) in nearly a decade, so I do not think an absence of men in yuri manga is unrealistic at all. I also prefer not to have male leads in stories I read because every story in society portrays men as competent people. Women are frequently just damsels or tinsel on the tree. I have been so saturated with the male experience in media that i could easily never experience it again and be no lesser a person for it. I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied. There are tons of straight male stories out there, if you want to read them feel free.

Although it is wholly possible to live without having any meaningful contact with those of the opposite sex, frankly I think that's unrealistic for your average person, especially if you're a student attending a co-ed school (and let's be real, the majority of universities today are co-ed campuses). You're inevitably going to meet/interact/talk with people of the opposite sex, regardless of your own sex or sexual preferences. If you wanted to live free of interaction with the opposite sex, you would have to make a conscious effort to do so. In a world where statistically a little less than half of the population is male, I'd think that it would be pretty difficult to live without knowing any men. Unless the setting was an all-girls campus, I'd feel that the complete absence of men in the story would be quite unrealistic, especially given that Seol-a is seen as the queen bee of the school.

And it's just like you said, queer people living in queer communities and cities have the opportunity to isolate themselves from those of the opposite sex. However for most people living on our planet, this isn't the typical situation.

Fluttering Feelings takes place in Korea, a place without any particularly flourishing queer communities/cities. What >determines whether the absence of men in a yuri manga/manhwa is unrealistic or not is the premise of the story. For a typical Korean college campus in this day and age, it would be unrealistic to have no male characters at all.

One outlier in a total set doesn't determine the norm. So while it might be normal in your case to not interact with men at all, for a majority of women, that isn't the case.

Except that it is not an "outlier" experience as Nez has illustrated that straight women often also do not have male friends. Social relations are gendered and they can be very much segregated. So this burning desire people have to see more dudes in yuri is something they should examine.

I do not mean to say that women have ZERO contact with men, I am saying (especially in the case of queer women) they often have very little role in their lives outside of casual contacts.

Yes, there are straight women who possibly go through similar experiences as well. However, I would also put them together in the set of outliers, because statistically, most women in general know or have male friends/significant others/family members. These women, if they are "straight", will eventually look for or end up with a man anyways (if not, then they weren't really "straight" in the first place, were they?). Not to be rude, but there is limit to how much social relations can be gendered. I'm sure it's completely normal for children to interact mainly with those of the same gender, but once you grow up, gender usually isn't a critical factor you consider when interacting with people (unless someone has a very conservative/narrow-minded perspective, then I'd understand).

For example, some posters above were discussing the prevalence of male violence in our society. Most of these violent crimes against women (typically rape) are committed by men that women know. If you claim that violence against women is the number one threat against women (statistically), then it would only make sense to say that this is true because most women are familiar with the opposite sex. So, those that do not fall into this majority can be considered outliers of the set. Anecdotal experiences are quite weak when it comes to serving as evidence for or against statistical patterns.

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but I haven't seen anyone say that they desperately want to see more men in yuri. Posters have been defending men's positions in yuri manga/manhwa, because several readers felt disgruntled by the male characters. There's no need to antagonize men in yuri manga; in fact, having male characters helps to convey more relatable/realistic experiences. They're simply human characters, just like the female characters. It just happens that they're included in a story about love between two women, nothing more.

See, this is the part that doesn't scan for me. Seol-a is indeed queen bee, whether she wants to be or not, and that's a plot requirement of this particular story. It's not based on whether women having significant male presence in their lives is realistic or not, it's a decision the author made for this particular story. Having a queen bee to that degree isn't any more realistic than women having only female friends (regardless if they're queer or straight), it's simply a plot decision.

Extrapolating that plot decision to other yuri on the grounds it's "realistic" seems to rest on a very shaky foundation indeed, not least because realism is no indicator of a story's quality. Especially since romance stories already are fantasy stories of a sort.

I was using Fluttering Feelings' premise to defend the position saying that having male characters in this story is realistic (because it is). I wasn't extending this premise to real life situations as well. However I did relate the setting of the story to real situations (i.e. Korea's lack of queer support and communities). My basis for saying that women living without male contact is unrealistic (in other words, it's not likely that the majority of women go through the same experience) is only backed by statistical numbers and facts.

last edited at Jan 22, 2015 4:22PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

So, realistically any queer person living in a queer community or simply engaging in queer culture in a major city can easily go through their social lives without having prolonged conversations or meaningful engagement with the opposite sex. I haven't had male friends (much less straight male friends) in nearly a decade, so I do not think an absence of men in yuri manga is unrealistic at all. I also prefer not to have male leads in stories I read because every story in society portrays men as competent people. Women are frequently just damsels or tinsel on the tree. I have been so saturated with the male experience in media that i could easily never experience it again and be no lesser a person for it. I certainly wouldn't be dissatisfied. There are tons of straight male stories out there, if you want to read them feel free.

Although it is wholly possible to live without having any meaningful contact with those of the opposite sex, frankly I think that's unrealistic for your average person, especially if you're a student attending a co-ed school (and let's be real, the majority of universities today are co-ed campuses). You're inevitably going to meet/interact/talk with people of the opposite sex, regardless of your own sex or sexual preferences. If you wanted to live free of interaction with the opposite sex, you would have to make a conscious effort to do so. In a world where statistically a little less than half of the population is male, I'd think that it would be pretty difficult to live without knowing any men. Unless the setting was an all-girls campus, I'd feel that the complete absence of men in the story would be quite unrealistic, especially given that Seol-a is seen as the queen bee of the school.

And it's just like you said, queer people living in queer communities and cities have the opportunity to isolate themselves from those of the opposite sex. However for most people living on our planet, this isn't the typical situation. Fluttering Feelings takes place in Korea, a place without any particularly flourishing queer communities/cities. What determines whether the absence of men in a yuri manga/manhwa is unrealistic or not is the premise of the story. For a typical Korean college campus in this day and age, it would be unrealistic to have no male characters at all.

One outlier in a total set doesn't determine the norm. So while it might be normal in your case to not interact with men at all, for a majority of women, that isn't the case.

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 10:21PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I am certainly enjoying this series. Really hope the yuri works out in the end. The title of the story, though, is making me have some doubts. Just hope it isn't a spur of the moment kind of thing.

What is the author trying to say here when they say that No-Rae has low blood pressure on this page (I don't know the symptoms of having high or low blood pressure)?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#3

Then on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#8
About the part where it says "Doesn't ask or nitpick and eats x100", is it from the author or is that by the translator? Because I could so totally see the translator typing that in themselves too. I mean, people who are not picky about their food and eats everything on their plates are 100 times more lovable than those who are (my opinion, but could be fact). So I just thought that it might have been the translator's thoughts on that one.

Everything on the final scanlations are from the author. We don't add anything to the original work, unless it's a translator's note about something (usually denoted by an asterisk * or "TL note").

Low blood pressure often consists of symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, etc., in mild cases. It simply means that No-rae isn't the most active person, and she has a hard time getting up.

Yes, that is from the author. It's referring to how well No-rae eats, no matter what's she's given. She isn't picky about her food, and she "eats x100" (so she eats a lot).

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

MAS QUE HOMOSSEXUALISMO É ESSE? JÁ TA DE MÃOS DADAS, SEM ANTES PAGAR UMA BEBIDA?

Wut?

I can barely understand what is he saying. It's portuguese. I think that he is trying to say this:

What kind of relationship is this? they gave hands each other without paying any drink before?

So, he/she want to tell us that he/she thinks that they should go out and drink something before give hands each other because it is kind of a fast development. We all know this is a very, very slow development of relationship but it is very subjective.

I don't know if I expressed in the right way my english, is not my mother language.

You guys are sure that there are already 22 chapters? I want to see those 3 chapters left. I can't wait until next monday, I'm gonna die.

This is the first lesbian story that caught me this bad.

Skinship between girls (and between guys) is very common in Korea. Holding hands, linking arms, hugging, etc., are all considered to be normal between platonic friends.

The most recent chapter is chapter 19 (not 22). Chapter 20 will be out next Monday.

It's great seeing all the positive reactions and support towards Fluttering Feelings! :D

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

have you guys read chapter 19 yet? I don't really speak korean so i only could understand a few words. did it just end there? or is there another chapter? :OO

Yes, we always try to post the raws and rough dialogue translations on the same day of release if possible. Someone already put the links for our work. Ssamba said the first arc of the story is done, but the weekly chapters will continue. Chapter 19 is the most current chapter so far.

From 4chan scans group (praise the heavens for them) here are the dialogues: LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

The latest raw (ch 19): LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:43PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

So... someone know where could i read raw chapters ? do i need download app in my phone or what ?

I believe the comico app is only available for android. All you need to do is go to the google play store, and search for 코미코 (keystrokes: ㅋ ㅗ ㅁ ㅣ ㅋ ㅗ). You will need to enable or install korean onto your keyboard, because otherwise you'll only find the japanese comico app. We also upload the raws onto the 4chan board on the same day the chapter is released. :)

I searched "comico" and had to scroll down a bit before I see the Korean version. Japanese version is fine too I think, which ever you prefer, only Korean has the latest chapter atm. First 3 chapters are free to read, and the latest chapter is free the day it comes out for how long?

It's free for about a day or two after the day it's released.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

So... someone know where could i read raw chapters ? do i need download app in my phone or what ?

I believe the comico app is only available for android. All you need to do is go to the google play store, and search for 코미코 (keystrokes: ㅋ ㅗ ㅁ ㅣ ㅋ ㅗ). You will need to enable or install korean onto your keyboard, because otherwise you'll only find the japanese comico app. We also upload the raws onto the 4chan board on the same day the chapter is released. :)

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh God. They introduced TWO GUYS with names AND faces. I'm officially terrified that this is going to have a het ending. I ought to abandon ship now. The fact that I've never even read a korean series with a lesbian in it doesn't help my fears and concerns AT ALL.

The author wouldn't intentionally market their manhwa as being yuri, and then totally troll us with a het ending. The het threat is there for the drama, trust me lol (I've read up to chapter 18). And there's a first for everything right? This could be the first of many Korean yuri manhwa.

People should stop getting their panties in a twist simply because there are actually guy characters (i.e. gasp how dare they put filthy MEN in a yuri manhwa >:OOOOO & where are my lesbian action scenes?!?!111) and just enjoy the story :)

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015
  • chapters 3 & 4: LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

Thanks for updating our info!

Is there anybody I should holler at to help? Don't wanna step on anybody's toes if this project is anybody's baby.

Maybe ask Ryo or Quick Cook Oatmeal? They've both been working on the chapters, and we have up to chapter 10. I think most of our translations have been cleaned up (still checking 10/11/12/13 for any errors), but you can ask to see if they need any help!

Thanks, do you happen to have their contact info? :)

Unfortunately none of us have any public contact info, but all you need to do is post a message on our boards (http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1641738 or the new forum link provided above).

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:49PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We currently have the translations up to chapter 17 available on the 4chan thread! Although we haven't finished cleaning up all of the translations (we're really close though), we do have rough drafts available.
http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1641738

is anyone editing the raws with your translations? If not, I could help with that.

I believe we have two people right now helping with editing the raws. But ANY help would be much appreciated! We currently have up to 5 or 6 chapters done, and we're nearly done with translating (the rough drafts are done) everything up to chapter 17. Please feel free to join us! :D

We are still editing and quality checking everything, so unfortunately the readers will have to be just a little bit more patient lol.

Is there anybody I should holler at to help? Don't wanna step on anybody's toes if this project is anybody's baby.

Maybe ask Ryo or Quick Cook Oatmeal? They've both been working on the chapters, and we have up to chapter 10. I think most of our translations have been cleaned up (still checking 10/11/12/13 for any errors), but you can ask to see if they need any help!

Overall I am not very convinced, cause this series looks pretty typical yuri so far plus I sense het around the corner,

About chapter 2: it was mostly about Seol-a. Okay, okay, I get it - she's perfect. No need to rub it into my face. Besides that would like see more interaction betweem MCs before introducing another character, who is... I don't know... childhood friend of some sort? We shall see about it, but he's probably some sort of competition or drama source, but as I said: isn't it too early since we don't have much yuri developement?

Their Story is still winning in my ranking (also why no new updates?)

We need to check over chapters 3-10 just to make sure there aren't any mistakes. Fluttering Feelings is definitely yuri. It says so in the author's description lol. It is a bit slow paced though, since there are ups and downs with the relationship between the MC's. Unfortunately this manhwa isn't your typical one shot yuri where two characters immediately fall in love, but I personally think the story is pretty interesting.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We currently have the translations up to chapter 17 available on the 4chan thread! Although we haven't finished cleaning up all of the translations (we're really close though), we do have rough drafts available.

is anyone editing the raws with your translations? If not, I could help with that.

I believe we have two people right now helping with editing the raws. But ANY help would be much appreciated! We currently have up to 5 or 6 chapters done, and we're nearly done with translating (the rough drafts are done) everything up to chapter 17. Please feel free to join us! :D

We are still editing and quality checking everything, so unfortunately the readers will have to be just a little bit more patient lol.

last edited at Jan 7, 2015 2:00AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Love this, can't wait for next chapter! Plizz need more

lol. okay but for those who have read up until chapter 17, idk but isn't ji-hwan always with his prof?

if ji-hwan ends up being gay for the prof I'd laugh my ass off

So, im wondering how hot this yuri manhwa in South Korea? Because this is lesbian story and all. I only ever watch a lesbian korean drama and it was banned because of public outrage.

Could you please say more about this?
Like Russia, do they have laws against the "promotion"of homosexuality or something?

This was mostly due to a bunch of outraged old farts ranting about how their kids would turn gay from watching this public television drama LOL. Although a lot of older Koreans are not very fond of homosexuals (the younger generation is much more tolerant), I don't think there are any laws regarding showing homosexuality on films or other forms of media. There are other Korean films that portray homosexuality, and they haven't been banned. Since "Fluttering Feelings" is just a webtoon/manhwa, I highly doubt anyone would care about whether it contains homosexuality or not, especially since its fans support the main (to be) lesbian couple.

last edited at Jan 6, 2015 12:35AM