Forum › Posts by blopa

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

What happened, I'm lost.

Akane edits. Admin rights are scary sometimes.

blopa
Image Comments 16 Feb 07:10
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
69199087_p0

-There'se something we have to tell you. We ... we got married yesterday...
-Wait, what? You weren't already married?

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 7:10AM

blopa
Image Comments 15 Feb 21:02
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Dzpxlenwwaeuenl-orig

There's too many mobile games of anthropomorphic military things to keep track nowadays.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 10:10PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Was the title made up by the translator, or the author visits the fourms?

blopa
Lemonade discussion 14 Feb 06:22
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

i didn't get to read it when it first came out and reading it all in one sitting, I can say that it's actually a pretty good series. Most of all the butt-hurt hate comments are probably because the story was released chapter by chapter, causing a lot of subtle things to slip by. I do agree the dude is a jerk but I think it really does represent how people act in real life when "they tease the person they like". He also thoroughly annoyed me, but I wouldn't hang around people like that in the first place.

And Mako does start showing that she likes Youko after the past tense confession, although quite subtly. I mostly think the reason why this story is featured because it shows the growth in their characters between Youko and Maki. Youko starts out with her inferiority complex and directed hate towards Rude-pai. But she grows up and learns to get past her inferiority complex, even if it's just a bit. Maki learns to embrace her appearance and gains self esteem. Both stand up for each other and are there for each other when they are teased by other people. The rude-pai is still rude but he apologies. The best thing that could happen is that he swallows his feelings and leaves without causing more problems.

In the end it was a nice tied up story.

It had an issue with focus. A very bad one. Instead of dealing with instrospection and her acceptance of the main character's sexuality as it's main premise, that story takes the backseat to the actual story, which focusing on coming to terms with the fact your best-friend-then-girl-you-like fell for someone else, and how not to hate that someone else despite the fact they're also kind of a bully. It usually should be the other way around, that should be a subplot or backstory, but instead it takes preponderance over the entire manga.

It's probably easier to digest if read in one sitting, since that way you're less likely to be burned by if you finish reading in like half an hour. in episodic release, though, you had rude sempai being main focus, and waited a couple weeks to see rude sempai was STILL the main focus. And believe me people did notice the subtle hints, them being the main reason they kept back for the next chapter in hopes of the story improving, taking a turn in focus; but, again, they were subtle hints, of somethign that should taking the spotlight.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 6:35AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Wow. Unexpected level of harshness in the comments today.

Well... It has a little bit for everyone.

• It claims sexual relationships between women don't exist in real life.
  • It openly insults shippers.
  • It has no actual Yuri to speak off in a site about it.
  • It's boke/tsukkomi comedy routine feels off, with both of them being rather unlikeable, and the punchline is lame.

Yep... a little bit for everyone. And REALLY doesn't benefit from the fact it's released so close to "Straight Girl walks into a Lesbian Mixer", which I can't really say it's too good either but it kinda delivered, and people might have expected a similar result.

I feel very sorry for the translators, though, for the negative reception. It's not like they were translating Lemonade or anything like that.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 7:35AM

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"I've longed to have a dear, special friend just like they have".

Then they kiss off-camera. Even the in-story characters are joining the meme.

EDIT: I kinda fear now for Kasumi living under the same roof as the lecherous beast Sakurako has become.

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 9:33PM

blopa
Oddman 11 discussion 12 Feb 16:18
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

wait, wasn't this supposed to be a straight story?

I guess being surrounded by thirsty lesbians eventually chipped at her straightness a little.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Doujin artists be like "If Konami is not going to do anything worthwhile with the character, then it's up to ME to pick up the slack".

last edited at Feb 10, 2019 1:27PM

blopa
Image Comments 08 Feb 06:00
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
72708863_p0

Best couple.

blopa
Image Comments 08 Feb 05:55
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Wtmt

I always think of Mother (series) when I read Smash (critical), which became very uncomfortable in light of the first comment.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

... really?

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'd say the new pair, Moka and Koruri, are obviously opposite versions of Sakurako and Kasumi. Koruri looks like Sakurako and seems to have a personality more similar to her in many ways, but she's not organized and is in Kasumi's major. Meanwhile Moka has a lot of Kasumi's traits, like wanting to sleep a lot and ovoid the heat, but she's in Sakurako's major and seems to be the "gayer" of the two, though Koruri certainly seems to have eyes for Kasumi... but, then again, who hasn't in the story?

I get the feeling that Moka's "sleep" is not like Kasumi's "sleep".

I still can't tell how serious Kasumi, and Sakurako are, with their love play.

According to spoilers from last chapter they'll be together until age 90, then say to each other that it was just a prank, and split up.

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 5:49AM

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ok, so Moka spends 5 night a week on Korumi's home, and she totally placed her hands on Korumi's breasts and butt during the club visit, so... I see...

blopa
Image Comments 06 Feb 10:55
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
11___11_by_flauschtraut_d6tey03

^The fact that the ship name Ristelle is actually given in-game by Yuri is something that still cracks me up to this day.

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Is this even 'science' baby?

It's better to have the concept it unified under a single tag name, and "Science Babies" has been around since the ending of Iono the Fanatics

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 10:43AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"What? a potential sell for comission? Nah, I rather deny it and be sexist to the customers, that's definitely the best course of action".

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 7:41AM

blopa
Image Comments 05 Feb 22:50
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
11___11_by_flauschtraut_d6tey03

TotoMimi just in time for the 4th game in the Arland Trilogy (...?)

last edited at Feb 5, 2019 10:51PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Siscon? In a Mochi manga? There must be a mistake.

blopa
Image Comments 05 Feb 14:15
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Duphuleuqaazqo9-orig

Just looking at it makes me sleepy.

blopa
Image Comments 01 Feb 20:24
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
48020459_p0

@Norainhere I haven't played a single Fate game or light novel, and even I know they're sisters.

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

People complaining about the price of the rent and then there's me living in Bay Area, CA...

I used to do data entry for credit card applications and got a good look at what rents were like in North Van, British Columbia. These girls couldn't get a cot in a utility room for that price.

But if they could, they'd make it comfy.

Sakurako could live with Kasumi in pretty much any enclosed area, no matter how small, as long as it is not a closet.

last edited at Feb 1, 2019 12:21PM

blopa
Image Comments 01 Feb 08:47
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
72877544_p0

^^Considering how close they are to each other, I don't think that really matters.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Why do all good stories end just as they're getting to the good part? I also need to say it's a good thing it was pretty much implied from the start that they liked each other, to prevent the sour taste that would have been a romantic developments that bloom only after half of the couple kidnaps the other half and keeps them captive.

By the way, apparently we need an Age Gap tag here.

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 7:25AM

blopa
Image Comments 28 Jan 23:00
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Tgvfsvp

@Throbelisk: Center to the left, with our left lung being smaller to accomodate for it. Therefore, the left pocket would be closer to the heart than the right pocket, thus making Dhiandra's statement correct.