Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Some of the dialogue in this sounds really unnatural, or maybe it is just the general wordiness? Oh and also where the heck is this buss headed and is it too late to get off?

Skyrin
Ayakashiko discussion 31 Aug 15:40
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sent to hospital because of a 38 degree fever? Eh, I guess everyone is different but that does not sound that bad generally speaking.

Also Mahoro just phase shifted what

From what I understand, hospitals do a lot of routine care in Japan. Can't confirm for real though. On the other hand, around these parts if you're upper middle class and above (family income over 200 or 250k), you probably have taken your kids to the hospital for fevers. I swear, all my coworkers go to the doctor for everything!

Heh I see, well I suppose it varies from place to place as it does from person to person!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Progress is a lovely thing

Though I simply cannot overlook that Harumi was receptive about a threesome... twice.

She was receptive of gropesome at any rate.

Skyrin
Ayakashiko discussion 31 Aug 12:36
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sent to hospital because of a 38 degree fever? Eh, I guess everyone is different but that does not sound that bad generally speaking.

Also Mahoro just phase shifted what

Skyrin
Ayakashiko discussion 28 Aug 12:10
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-28/himoto-umaru-chan-ss-spinoff-hijiki-ends-ayakashiko-manga/.163391

So this is over then... Anyone know which chapter number it ended on?

64,translation is up to 61.

Heh well yeah, I just read 61 here so that part was obvious. But thanks, so just three more left huh. I suppose this never had that much of a narrative to feel rushed when it ends, but still kinda sad.

Skyrin
Ayakashiko discussion 28 Aug 11:57
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-28/himoto-umaru-chan-ss-spinoff-hijiki-ends-ayakashiko-manga/.163391

So this is over then... Anyone know which chapter number it ended on?

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 11:57AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Here to reiterate once again how much I adore Subaru.

But also, Hinako has some nice friends.

Skyrin
Lily Marble discussion 11 Aug 01:57
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I guess only in this place is "everyone happy with their lives and moving on" considered a bad end, heh. It is too bad this was axed though because the ending did indeed feel abrupt. There seems to be a lot of posts implying "things did not go the way I wanted, thus terrible writing", and it is great when you can get so emotionally invested into characters, but the author having different ideas than you did is certainly not some kind of a crime or a sin. I am not going to pretend I think this was the ideal ending of course, but eh, it did fit the feel of this series more or less.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Granny is pretty badass.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Not sure why you would read that as jealousy or loneliness, even the recipe page seems to directly state that Sachi is both surprised but mostly proud how far Ayari has become. Well, I suppose these things are not entirely mutually exclusive.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_scandal#26

It's the cheering guys meme I love this

Nozomi at the foreground was the obvious and correct choice, hehe.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm liking this one already. Honestly I think I have a weak spot for relationships like this one, between a bit of a genius airhead that's also kind and the composed one whose true self is only really seen by said airhead. I very much look forward to the rest of this story

That reminded me of Mouretsu Pirates somehow, heh.

A pretty good start. Obviously many of the elements here are very familiar and often used, but well tropes are not inherently bad (at least, not all off them) so I am hopeful this is a winner. I like the sound of story about magical tech and politics with incidental yuri.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh thank goodness she knew, now it's so much better.

last edited at Aug 2, 2020 10:45AM

Skyrin
Still Sick discussion 28 Jul 08:54
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

In a word, this manga was fulfilling. Thank you for your hard work!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's fun, but I can't help but be amused by how many Kyouko reaction shots there are.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sakuma's style of online purchases is very similar to mine.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Huh interesting, so that is how it's going to be. Now I wonder if the prologue takes place in that moment just before...

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Are we going to have a bath scene every chapter?

You know, manga like hidamari sketch and, I think, comic girls, made me used to that. I don't mind serials/ecchi-of-the-week. Bring it on.

Hah, I forgot that about Hidamari Sketch. It was kinda amusing to have each episode of the anime to end like that, but it was oddly wholesome instead of voyeurish. Especially for Shaft!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

What I'll say I feel this implies that girls can't appreciate fanservice, even in the genre concerning lesbian relationships. Pervy girls are out there too and authors like Ume-sensei or Pochi shows even the creators draw it because they like it in many cases.

Ah apologies, that was not an intended implication. And neither I am trying to tell anyone what to like or what to draw, this is simply my personal take on out of place fanservice (and not the kind in this manga for example) such as it typically happens in media.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

What a strangely puritanical POV.

Heh. We are all here to read about a horny angel getting down and dirty with a high school girl, which makes that comment strangely amusing.

If you think it strange, that is your prerogative. It seems I am not alone with this opinion though.

I love how you put it! It's an interesting conversation to be had on how an author decides to situate their manga and appeal to their audience. I personally prefer more purposeful stuff, but I'm not here to critique lighthearted fun!
I enjoy the concept of this so far and I can't wait to see how it goes~

I think that is a good way to go about it. Let's hope this one remains entertaining!

last edited at Jul 20, 2020 8:07AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Shower scenes are always necessary. Always.

Not even little.

You are right, not a little, they are a lot necessary

Look, when something is made up to be ecchi from the start as in with this manga, then whatever have all the shower scenes and bouncing boobs as your story or theme or whatever requires. Knock yourself out. But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

Now, this does not mean that you can't enjoy such things in whatever story you choose to, again knock yourself out. Personal biases do not change the fact however, that more often than not this stuff is slapped on for no good reason and normalized to a terrific degree.

Having said all that...

I don't know if the shower specifically was necessary but that whole sequence served two purposes, to introduce the knowlegde about Kirara and to show that angel-san feels weird when boobs are near her, that's why she had that reaction when her kohai approached.
It was to show that angel san was suffering from the woes of been flustered and attraced to girls but been too embarassed by it.at least thats what I got from it.

Well, that works as well as any explanation I suppose. And as established this work has no qualms about nudity anyway so it is what it is. I am sure funny shenanigans will follow for us all to enjoy!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Shower scenes are always necessary. Always.

Not even little.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Uh- were all the shower scenes necessary?? I guess it does set the tone of the manga????
It's okay I guessss hahhaha

It's like a law or something it seems. Have to hit that shower scene (or just general "fanservice") quota even when not really appropriate, whatever the case here may be.

Of course the one-shot in that alcohol anthology by the same author gave an indication on what to expect, though I suppose this took it a step lewder hehe.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 8:33AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"They enjoyed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

Finally, the closure I needed

Agreed!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The forum seems to have been absorbed inside the manga.

That's Star Wars for you.