Forum › Starving Kopeko Lives with Her Meat! discussion

joined Jun 3, 2014

Yeah I have no idea where this manga will go. I guess just learn bits and pieces about the girls and the facility they're in.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

So...
The bears began a rebellion against humans, and these guys feed monsters with humans?
im not gonna like the route this story is going to take...

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

At this point it seems obvious to me that Kopeko has subconsciously already rejected the idea of actually eating the other girl. If she wanted to do it then she could, but she keeps making up nonsensical excuses to not do it like "having to figure out how to break her neck" when that's not even an obstacle to doing it in the first place.

The idealist in me wants to think the setup of their circumstances is simply that she's an obvious dangerous monster that they're trying to rehabilitate into being able to coexist with humans and the girl is a trial run of sorts, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out the facility is much more insidious than that.

joined May 10, 2021

Still no idea what the fuck is going on, but it's super cute for now.
For now.
For now, as I'm sure shit's gonna get real dark real fast at some point.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Aug 29, 2023

I like the detail that the humans all look like rabbit bear things while the "monsters" look like humans. I wonder how the monster actually look

Saya no Uta, but yuri? Sign me up.

Sayuri no Uta, if you will.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The idealist in me wants to think the setup of their circumstances is simply that she's an obvious dangerous monster that they're trying to rehabilitate into being able to coexist with humans and the girl is a trial run of sorts, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out the facility is much more insidious than that.

It's clearly based on the SCP Foundation, so the default assumption is that the humans are trying to keep the monsters locked up forever

joined Jul 4, 2018

i wanna know what she 'is'. like what animal she is, or is she like a fictional demon or anomaly

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

So, a cannibal yuri with SCP tropes? I like all the little mysteries that were set up. Hopefully this threads the needle between adorable and some of the disturbing premises. For starters, why EF appears to have been maimed and decapitated before being disposed of here.

The lines look more like incision (cut-here) lines in preparation for the cutting rather than stitches.

Them being a reference to meat cut charts would be thematically fitting too, but it doesn't look like butchers engage in any actual marking.

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 10:10AM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

A great blow has been dealt today

joined May 10, 2021

Holy crap that was cute.
Thanks for the chapter!

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

genuinely have no idea where this one is going but it's fun so far

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

It's cute, but I don't know when it will turn dark or a horror story, hopefully never.
By the way, the magazine that published this manga has just been published, right? I see the issue in the magazine is only up to volume 3

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

By the way, the magazine that published this manga has just been published, right? I see the issue in the magazine is only up to volume 3

It is new, although not as fresh as the translation. Launched in February last year by KTC, digital-only, four quarterly issues so far, with no Kopeko in December's vol.4. For works that feature cute girls and that aren't 18+ (those that were in the first issue should be yuri, since it was included in their slogan before they changed it).

The magazine's bio on Ef implies she's been stitched together after all.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

It is new, although not as fresh as the translation. Launched in February last year by KTC, digital-only, four quarterly issues so far, with no Kopeko in December's vol.4. For works that feature cute girls and that aren't 18+ (those that were in the first issue should be yuri, since it was included in their slogan before they changed it).

Thank you very much. One more question. I have read the sample on the website in advance, vol 1 + 2 has 3 manga, vol 3 has 4, vol 4 is the same but with this series absent, that means there are a total of 5 manga posted here. With such a small quantity, why does it take a quarter for a new volume to arrive? Many magazines with more manga and pages per series than this (except for Lost Black Cat and Wolf Girl which has about 40 pages per chapter, the remaining series only have about 20 pages per chapter) still release new volumes every month

The magazine's bio on Ef implies she's been stitched together after all.

So we have reached the stage of locking 2 SCPs together to see how they interact with each other. Or does Ef have some special ability (like recovering eaten body parts) that helps reduce meal costs for Kopeko, 1 cow a day probably isn't cheap, right?

last edited at Mar 27, 2024 10:41PM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

With such a small quantity, why does it take a quarter for a new volume to arrive?

That I don't know but here's a few guesses:

Might be a balance between paying the staff and the artists/authors (and indirectly, the assistants they may hire to speed up drawing), and getting enough sales to cover that (starting safe from the lack of existing customer base or a very popular work/author they could successfully use to for advertising, and considering changing to a quicker schedule only when the profits permit for it).

Might be that the staff for it is shared with the publisher's more important magazines/activities and they're testing the waters with a low-initial-investment side project.

Might be because KTC is not a big-name publisher.

Might be in hope of attracting more experienced authors who are already busy with ongoing series or have developed health problems from overworking themselves and wouldn't be able to create another thing at a quicker pace (they wouldn't have to worry about negotiating deadlines when the default is already slow enough).

last edited at Mar 29, 2024 10:27PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

With such a small quantity, why does it take a quarter for a new volume to arrive?

That I don't know but here's a few guesses:

Might be a balance between paying the staff and the artists/authors (and indirectly, the assistants they may hire to speed up drawing), and getting enough sales to cover that (starting safe from the lack of existing customer base or a very popular work/author they could successfully use to for advertising, and considering changing to a quicker schedule only when the profits permit for it).

Might be that the staff for it is shared with the publisher's more important magazines/activities and they're testing the waters with a low-initial-investment side project.

Might be because KTC is not a big-name publisher.

Might be in hope of attracting more experienced authors who are already busy with ongoing series or have developed health problems from overworking themselves and wouldn't be able to create another thing at a quicker pace (they wouldn't have to worry about negotiating deadlines when the default is already slow enough).

Thank you for your explanation :)))

last edited at Mar 30, 2024 8:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.