Forum › Uninjured Living discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can kinda see this turning into an existential crisis for the couple.

Having the husband at home all the time and the wife as the breadwinner is the nightmare scenario of many a Japanese couple (and other places too).

The guy seem to be willing to make it work, but the wife seem to have a short fuse. It's doesn't bode well.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

The art in general reminds me of Shin-chan.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Oof, I feel like this might get very heavy... But I like this kind of stories,

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Don't care what happens. With this kind of art, I'll read it no matter how it turns out. Yay for the upload!!

joined Jul 8, 2019

The guy seem to be willing to make it work, but the wife seem to have a short fuse.

I take you've never worked freelance. :-D

Small wonder she has little time to do anything else than working frantically and small wonder she gets angry every time she talks over the phone. But damn, that grocery list... it brings memories. Been there, done that.

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 12:05PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

This definitely is a change of pace from the other series I've read on this website, in terms of subject matter, art style and tone. The art style in particular is rather surprising, not only in that it's "non-moe," but it barely even seems like manga style art.

It's a bit surprising to see cursive text in the speech bubbles, but it's also a bit difficult to read at times, such as when there's a lot of text.

Unfortunately, it's not entirely clear what the main plot will be at this point- even the provided summary, "Life of a married couple in their 20s in the suburbs of Reiwa Japan," is a bit vague. I feel as though it's their marital troubles after the husband quit his job, but I feel as though most series clearly establish the idea behind the story in the first chapter.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story. It's definitely not going to be lighthearted, but should still be an interesting read that shows a realistic look at married live.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Saw Het and was a little surprised Daphie wasn't the scanlator.
Anyways, I'm buckled in for a bumpy ride.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

The grocery list is somewhat wholesome. They are definitely both trying out to make it work and go through this.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Would it hit anyone else in the gut if this was tagged Historical? Assuming this was written relatively recently, it'd fit

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Kotatsu is really really dangerous, indeed.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Who else say it coming a mile away?

joined Oct 10, 2016

The art in general reminds me of Shin-chan.

I think of Tsuki to Suppin.

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

Not something I even expected to find on Dynasty, but I'm already looking forward to updates. What a subdued depiction of married life. I wonder how much is going to stray into conflict, if it will ever be a linear story or more of a series of vignettes. We'll see as it goes.

Also, kotatsus seem like the perfect recipe for accidentally falling asleep lol. So waaarm~

joined Aug 29, 2023

Would it hit anyone else in the gut if this was tagged Historical? Assuming this was written relatively recently, it'd fit

The summary states that the manga takes place in the Reiwa era, which started on the 1st of May of 2019. It's contemporary.

To reply you must either login or sign up.