Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

ASSUME CRASH POSITIONS EVERYONE, BRACE FOR MISUNDERSTANDING!!!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

AAAGGHHHH WE MADE IT WE MADE IT HAAAHAHAHAAAA OUUUUGGHJHH HHAWAAAAA

E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

The best thing about this manga is that they’re teenagers who feel like such inscrutable outcasts because they like the most middling mainstream rock music imaginable. which is pretty real but they’re also Japanese teenagers and I’m hungover stupid so I don’t know maybe they are actually on the cutting edge. surely it takes balls to sing a song in another language at karaoke. But it’d still be funny if they got found listening to I don’t know fucking clocks or something and everybody in the class was like “sweet. Love Coldplay”

joined Nov 21, 2022
Crie
joined Mar 22, 2022
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm expecting great things from the next chapter.

And great things were delivered.

Excellent choice of a song as well.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

This is about music, not Aya. 100%

If this ends up being about Aya, throw me to the moon. I'll be smiling... stunned, but smiling.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

PLEASE BE ABOUT AYA I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

I feel like this is 100% going to be “she really loves music” but I wanna live in the delusion that we’re finally entering the “Aya Rizzes Mitsuki” era

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

oh no she's gay /deadpan, sarcasm
whatever will we doooo /deadpan, sarcasm

joined Mar 10, 2013

inb4 she moves to America because Aya singing made her realize she truly loves music

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Ah, a classic, from MY youth. That's telling y'all how old I am.

Yeah. I remember that song from high school, hell the whole album was pretty good the way I remember it. When I was the chapter name my mind went to Van Halen (or Van Haggar as they used to say) 'Çan't This Be Love'. But this works too.

joined Sep 23, 2022

OMG OMG OMG YEEEEESSSSSSS

joined Sep 23, 2022

Aya's face is so cute (✿ ♥‿♥)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This is about music, not Aya. 100%

If this ends up being about Aya, throw me to the moon. I'll be smiling... stunned, but smiling.

Yeah I'd be genuinely shocked if the "punchline" isn't that she loves music lmao

joined Jun 11, 2021

"i knew it, this is love...! aya really loves music!" betting my whole yuri career on this one

Smol%20icon
joined Jul 15, 2016

"i knew it, this is love...! aya really loves music!" betting my whole yuri career on this one

Leeeegit. Like nah this manga ain't foolin' me... so what if my heart skipped a beat before I went back and reread it. I'M NOT FEELING HOPEFUL AT ALL </3 (unless...?)

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 1:38PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Honestly, that would be kinda... I mean, she already know Aya loves music, why would she realize that just now ?

Sorryclipboard01
joined Sep 21, 2023

"i knew it, this is love...! aya really loves music!"

"She's just like me! We'll be the bestest of friends forever!"

__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

HELL YEAH

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I definitely love the song choice. Absolutely perfect for this.

Bitter_Yuri_Reader
B54b9b73acf116a04cdf291380171b8e
joined May 2, 2018

Imagine if Aya just managed to get herself a bad bitch by yelling in broken English in front of the whole class.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay. Okay. Look. I've been fine with the subtle, low key subtext approach this series has been taking. If they never took things in an explicitly romantic direction, I would've been disappointed, but I'm used to those kinds of stories and it's pretty obvious that you can read between the lines and see the nature of it. I've been reading ambiguously gay fiction for decades, I'm used to that.

But this better not be a fakeout, or I'm gonna be so mad.

It's so weird, I can handle a series that never runs for the finish line, but I can't stand narrative edging. If the future strips continue with this, great, if they pivot to "I love her as a fan! She's my Oshi!" or "Man, she loves Rock & Roll so much!" I'm gonna riot.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 4:11PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Okay. Okay. Look. I've been fine with the subtle, low key subtext approach this series has been taking. If they never took things in an explicitly romantic direction, I would've been disappointed, but I'm used to those kinds of stories and it's pretty obvious that you can read between the lines and see the nature of it. I've been reading ambiguously gay fiction for decades, I'm used to that.

It's so weird, I can handle a series that never runs for the finish line, but I can't stand narrative edging. If the future strips continue with this, great, if they pivot to "I love her as a fan! She's my Oshi!" or "Man, she loves Rock & Roll so much!" I'm gonna riot.

It would definitely start to feel a bit suspect but I wouldn't be too mad about it yet. The thought has crossed my mind though, especially after this chapter. This instance could be a fake out but if they eventually make their romantic feelings clear than it's a non issue. But it would be weird to do all this teasing and then end it with them as just "straight" friends. Does the series specifically market itself as Yuri? I haven't ever checked actually.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 4:24PM

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

It would definitely start to feel a bit suspect but I wouldn't be too mad about it yet. The thought has crossed my mind though, especially after this chapter. This instance could be a fake out but if they eventually make their romantic feelings clear than it's a non issue. But it would be weird to do all this teasing and then end it with them as just "straight" friends. Does the series specifically market itself as Yuri? I haven't ever checked actually.

Ah, the good ol' Higashiyama Shou's Stretch route huh?
Surely they wouldn't....right?....right?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.