Forum › The Canary Is in the Mirror discussion

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Always great to see the adventures of renko and merry. I thought they might come across Reimu or Yukari at first.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

A RenMerry story by our lord and savior AzMaya? Is it okay to be this happy?

But yeah, the afterword really contextualizes so much of this story. There's this subtle, shifting sense of trying to fight against fate, to ignore the inevitable, as Renko and Merry try to hold on to each other in a tale that's half SOL, half occult mystery. The center just won't hold with these two, but they've got to keep trying, even as the conclusion draws near. It's hard to see a happy ending for them, but we can only hope that it was worth something.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

The little nod towards Yukari at the end there

joined Aug 12, 2020

I kinda like that Renko's first choice of being stranded in a world she doesn't know isn't to call for help, or even use her scientific knowledge to see if it is a dream or not, but to be excited and goof around, trying to find some souvenirs and being such a chipper person. It's kinda cute really, i imagine that Renko's a genki girl, with or without merry around. (albeit, the without being in, being still manage to know eachothers and not the tragic bad end type, mind you.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.